Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74620 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:13 - Jun 15 with 2306 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:10 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I wasn’t parading anything... you brought it up.

Anyway, you guys carry on with your lifestyle choices. I’ll sit back and smile next time you’re on here bleating about your own pet causes

You've been calling everyone idiots for the whole of the thread! The implication being that you are superior to us idiots. That's parading, mate.

Anyhow, now you seem upset. Don't be upset. It's just differing opinions. I suppose if you're not used to an environment where rigorousness academic discussion and critique is encouraged then it can be a little intimidating, but t's all harmless though.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:15]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:14 - Jun 15 with 2301 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:50 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Mate, I’ve got everything. I’ve got nothing to be worried about

What does the man who has everything get for his birthday?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:14 - Jun 15 with 2302 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:10 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I wasn’t parading anything... you brought it up.

Anyway, you guys carry on with your lifestyle choices. I’ll sit back and smile next time you’re on here bleating about your own pet causes

No, I made a joke about people who equate their own life experiences as more accurate than studies and data. Which is what you are doing. I don't care about your degree.

As for my lifestyle choices. As I said earlier I don't really smoke cannabis anyway. So your sign off is pretty irrelevant.

Not sure how my diet choices and opinions on animal rights are relevant here, especially considering you just moaned about people comparing alcohol to cannabis :S

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:15 - Jun 15 with 2294 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:11 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Don't worry, I'm in the Mickey Mouse degree club too. Didn't even learn my lesson as I went and got a Masters degree in it too. Can't teach common sense I guess!

I know highly qualified idiots, and idiots without qualifications. Having a degree doesn't make you a walking Hawking. I prefer to judge someones intelligence on the frequency with which they say idiotic stuff.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:14]

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 15 with 2277 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:13 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

You've been calling everyone idiots for the whole of the thread! The implication being that you are superior to us idiots. That's parading, mate.

Anyhow, now you seem upset. Don't be upset. It's just differing opinions. I suppose if you're not used to an environment where rigorousness academic discussion and critique is encouraged then it can be a little intimidating, but t's all harmless though.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:15]

I stated something for which little research has been done and you lot have rounded on me because you don’t like the implications. Where is the intellectual rigour in any of your comments?

I really don’t know why this is causing you so much pain
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 2272 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I stated something for which little research has been done and you lot have rounded on me because you don’t like the implications. Where is the intellectual rigour in any of your comments?

Earlier you were telling us it was a fact cannabis made people violent, then it was the long term affects that made people violent, then it was violent people lose control using cannabis, then it was it made you stupid long term, then it was alcohol doesn't do as much long term mental damage. None of the above is true, plenty of studies show this.

It's not causing me pain, I just find it sad there are still people buying into falsehoods.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 2269 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Pain!? I'm finding the stuff you're coming out with to be hilarious in the finest Partridge style. I hope it's something you continue!

Cannabis causes violent crime! Arf!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:32 - Jun 15 with 2266 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:29 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Pain!? I'm finding the stuff you're coming out with to be hilarious in the finest Partridge style. I hope it's something you continue!

Cannabis causes violent crime! Arf!

Yes, but where’s your irrefutable proof?

You should also consider cannabis use caused poor school performance which has obvious knock on effects. Please also show your working to prove cannabis doesn’t have any effect on memory
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:35 - Jun 15 with 2256 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:32 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

You should also consider cannabis use caused poor school performance which has obvious knock on effects. Please also show your working to prove cannabis doesn’t have any effect on memory

You're the one making the claims buddy! Where is YOUR irrefutable proof?

See? This is exactly what I mean about you not understanding academic rigour.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:36 - Jun 15 with 2258 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:32 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Stop moving the goalposts. You said violent crime. No one is arguing about memory or mental side affects. You said it makes people violent.

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:39 - Jun 15 with 2249 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you used to post as bluemurder?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:50 - Jun 15 with 2233 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:35 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

You're the one making the claims buddy! Where is YOUR irrefutable proof?

See? This is exactly what I mean about you not understanding academic rigour.

I posted a link to evidence earlier in this thread. Don’t tell me you’ve been banging on all this time without reading it?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:56 - Jun 15 with 2220 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:36 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

Stop moving the goalposts. You said violent crime. No one is arguing about memory or mental side affects. You said it makes people violent.

So you agree there are some cognitive effects without evidencing them. The problem with the lack of understanding is just down to a lack of research. However, there is enough there to prove that cannabis use has an adverse cognitive affect. That’s what you seem to be demanding so look it up
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:58 - Jun 15 with 2213 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:50 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I posted a link to evidence earlier in this thread. Don’t tell me you’ve been banging on all this time without reading it?

I read it. It was junk. A study working with 400 youths already catagorised as juvenile delinquents? That's not skewed at all is it? The study fails to deal with the question of 'how many of these juvenile delinquents would have gone onto commit violent acts even without drug use?' Your one piece of 'evidence' makes some rather fantastic leaps in it's conclusion. It's junk.

Now tell me, did you actually read it yourself, or did you just Google 'Help me prove that cannabis causes violence' and post the only result?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:59]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:01 - Jun 15 with 2208 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:56 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

So you agree there are some cognitive effects without evidencing them. The problem with the lack of understanding is just down to a lack of research. However, there is enough there to prove that cannabis use has an adverse cognitive affect. That’s what you seem to be demanding so look it up

You're flailing around desperately, you're all over the place here, son. It's time to stay down on the canvas.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:02 - Jun 15 with 2207 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:56 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

No one denied there are cognitive effects. It was your leap to claiming violence that people objected to.

I've said that, what, 4 times now? Should I type it slower for you?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:03]

TWTD never forgets…

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:23 - Jun 15 with 2193 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:58 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

I read it. It was junk. A study working with 400 youths already catagorised as juvenile delinquents? That's not skewed at all is it? The study fails to deal with the question of 'how many of these juvenile delinquents would have gone onto commit violent acts even without drug use?' Your one piece of 'evidence' makes some rather fantastic leaps in it's conclusion. It's junk.

Now tell me, did you actually read it yourself, or did you just Google 'Help me prove that cannabis causes violence' and post the only result?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 14:59]

I read it. I thought it was relevant as we are talking about juvenile offenders re the recent spate of stabbings.

Do you agree at least that a lack of research doesn’t mean something isn’t true. I have seen first hand how someone’s personality can change because of this, resulting in violent behaviour.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:26 - Jun 15 with 2191 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:02 - Jun 15 by monytowbray

No one denied there are cognitive effects. It was your leap to claiming violence that people objected to.

I've said that, what, 4 times now? Should I type it slower for you?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:03]

We shall just have to agree to disagree then.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:35 - Jun 15 with 2184 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:23 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

I read it. I thought it was relevant as we are talking about juvenile offenders re the recent spate of stabbings.

Do you agree at least that a lack of research doesn’t mean something isn’t true. I have seen first hand how someone’s personality can change because of this, resulting in violent behaviour.

A lack of research means we don't know yet. There may be a lack of research into vegans being prone to cannibalism after sustained periods of avoiding meat. That lack of knowledge neither decreases or increases the likelihood of it being 'true'. It's nothing more than a starting point for further investigation. Now, whether you would think that area of study is worth the time and effort it takes to research is up to you, and would most likely be guided by the academic field you're operating in.

Now, say you do think it's worth the time and effort. What you have is a hypothesis. Academic research often starts with a hypothesis. You've set out what yours is. Now you would have to conduct studies that would either prove, or disprove your hypothesis, ideally building on pre-exisiting evidence. Then you would have your research peer reviewed.

You can't just skip all that and say, 'oh we don't know, so it might be true' and expect that to carry any weight. Until there is a sufficient weight of evidence behind it, what you have is an opinion, and not all opinions are worthy of respect.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:38]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 2169 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:35 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

A lack of research means we don't know yet. There may be a lack of research into vegans being prone to cannibalism after sustained periods of avoiding meat. That lack of knowledge neither decreases or increases the likelihood of it being 'true'. It's nothing more than a starting point for further investigation. Now, whether you would think that area of study is worth the time and effort it takes to research is up to you, and would most likely be guided by the academic field you're operating in.

Now, say you do think it's worth the time and effort. What you have is a hypothesis. Academic research often starts with a hypothesis. You've set out what yours is. Now you would have to conduct studies that would either prove, or disprove your hypothesis, ideally building on pre-exisiting evidence. Then you would have your research peer reviewed.

You can't just skip all that and say, 'oh we don't know, so it might be true' and expect that to carry any weight. Until there is a sufficient weight of evidence behind it, what you have is an opinion, and not all opinions are worthy of respect.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:38]

That’s all very true, but you realise this is a football message board - I’m not submitting a scientific white paper. I would respect you if this was your first response instead of your umpteenth smart arse attempt to win the internet by the way.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:48 - Jun 15 with 2160 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:43 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

That’s all very true, but you realise this is a football message board - I’m not submitting a scientific white paper. I would respect you if this was your first response instead of your umpteenth smart arse attempt to win the internet by the way.

Nice swerve.

I couldn't care less if you respect me or not. You're wrong, and I'm interested in explaining to you why that is. It appears you are unable to understand it though.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't prevent him going for a swim and drowning in full view of a crowded beach, I guess.

Anyway, school is out. Off you go.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:50]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:54 - Jun 15 with 2146 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:48 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Nice swerve.

I couldn't care less if you respect me or not. You're wrong, and I'm interested in explaining to you why that is. It appears you are unable to understand it though.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't prevent him going for a swim and drowning in full view of a crowded beach, I guess.

Lol, of course you don’t care, despite many, many smart arse replies to impress your virtual friends before actually providing a grown up response.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:57 - Jun 15 with 2136 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:54 - Jun 15 by FrowsyArmLarry

Lol, of course you don’t care, despite many, many smart arse replies to impress your virtual friends before actually providing a grown up response.

I'm sorry you're upset by being wrong. Have a smoke, might calm you down.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 15 with 2129 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:48 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Nice swerve.

Blimey chill out Winston.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:04 - Jun 15 with 2120 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 15 by Benters2

Blimey chill out Winston.

Great. You're back. Have you finished your half yearly flounce?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 16:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024