Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74676 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:45 - Jun 14 with 5697 viewsBlueBadger

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:54 - Jun 14 by Lord_Lucan

I like Trevor Noah. He was clearly overawed when he first stepped into the Daily Show gig, but he's really grown into it and fund his thang, now.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 05:56 - Jun 14 with 5616 viewsimsureazzure

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:12 - Jun 13 by tractorboy1978

Such as? You can pick a knife up from any supermarket or kitchenware store. If someone has the urge to stab somebody else there is pretty much nothing the police can do about it.

I can see no reason why a knife has to be pointed, stop the manufacture and sale of pointed knives.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:12 - Jun 14 with 5595 viewsm14_blue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:32 - Jun 13 by floridaboy

Time for the police to have complete control on stop and search and not have to worry in case some do gooders organisation throws a tantrum in front of the cameras.

Race or colour time to sort these people out before someone else loses their life!

Easy peasy.

If only police numbers hadn't been massively reduced.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:13 - Jun 14 with 5583 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:01 - Jun 14 by baxterbasics

"More state!"

A lot of today's social problems stem from the state replacing the father as the provider in far too many homes.

Yes, the state should make fathers stay!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:17 - Jun 14 with 5590 viewsPagan_Blue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 06:13 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes, the state should make fathers stay!

Tory cuts have ensured that there's never been a better time to be a criminal.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 07:03 - Jun 14 with 5553 viewsReuser_is_God

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:29 - Jun 13 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s genuinely dreadful bud.

My brothers mate was telling me the other day he’s been mugged in Romford three times (two of which at knife point) and attacked once for his cash. Spotting gang members round here is fairly easy as they don’t even hide the fact they are in gangs these days.

It’s such a sad state of affairs all round.

Mugged 3 times?

I’d suggest your brother stops hanging around with him before he’s caught up in a ‘wrong place wrong time’ situation as this mate of his is clearly being targeted.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 07:26 - Jun 14 with 5502 viewsclive_baker

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:13 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I am not sure what you’re talking about. You overstepped the mark.

Staggers me how someone can imply another poster is racist with absolutely no foundation and think that’s acceptable. The guys a complete helmet.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 07:38 - Jun 14 with 5498 viewstcblue

Why is nobody demanding Ipswich mayor takes action on this?
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 07:47 - Jun 14 with 5488 viewsLeaky

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:44 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Sure there is. Stop cutting police funding. Stop cutting funding for community outreach projects. Stop cutting funding for local sports clubs and youth drop-in centres. Stop the narrow focus of education on a results-only basis. Stop cutting funding to sure-start centres. Stop making false economies. Increased 'stop and search' powers are a sticking plaster that look at symptoms, not causes. Treating symptoms is, invariably more expensive AND less effective preventing further outbreaks.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:09]

In other words chuck a load of cash at it.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:20 - Jun 14 with 5442 viewsMuncher

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 07:38 - Jun 14 by tcblue

Why is nobody demanding Ipswich mayor takes action on this?

The Mayor has no power to do anything as far as I’m aware. Looks like this will be a murder investigation unfortunately.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:45 - Jun 14 with 5394 viewsacj

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:53 - Jun 13 by monytowbray

Or we could just legalise drugs and have stricter sentences for carrying blades.

And yes, all knife crime is caused by “political correctness”. No one ever got stabbed in the good old days when you could still say “darkie” without someone getting offended.

Legalising and regulating the market for recreational drugs is a big part of the answer in my opinion. Take away the economic structure that supports gangs and instead turn it into a safer industry that provides tax revenue which will help fund the police force. Prohibition does not work and simply creates a space in which gangs can operate - even worse it puts them into direct contact with some of the most vulnerable members of society and turns drug use into a downward spiral entwined with criminality. Time to wake up and move forwards.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:51 - Jun 14 with 5377 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:45 - Jun 14 by acj

Legalising and regulating the market for recreational drugs is a big part of the answer in my opinion. Take away the economic structure that supports gangs and instead turn it into a safer industry that provides tax revenue which will help fund the police force. Prohibition does not work and simply creates a space in which gangs can operate - even worse it puts them into direct contact with some of the most vulnerable members of society and turns drug use into a downward spiral entwined with criminality. Time to wake up and move forwards.

Same as my sentiment on the matter.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:57 - Jun 14 with 5368 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:13 - Jun 14 by vapour_trail

I am not sure what you’re talking about. You overstepped the mark.

We all know what was meant by "Political Correctness".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 08:57 - Jun 14 with 5368 viewsbaxterbasics

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:08 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Ah, libertarianism. Sophistry for 'this isn't going to affect ME so I think we should therefore do f*ck all'.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:10]

It certainly does affect me. I'm a regular at Ravenswood Maccys.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:07 - Jun 14 with 5351 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 00:44 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Sure there is. Stop cutting police funding. Stop cutting funding for community outreach projects. Stop cutting funding for local sports clubs and youth drop-in centres. Stop the narrow focus of education on a results-only basis. Stop cutting funding to sure-start centres. Stop making false economies. Increased 'stop and search' powers are a sticking plaster that look at symptoms, not causes. Treating symptoms is, invariably more expensive AND less effective preventing further outbreaks.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 1:09]

Stop buying drugs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:10 - Jun 14 with 5342 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 01:01 - Jun 14 by baxterbasics

"More state!"

A lot of today's social problems stem from the state replacing the father as the provider in far too many homes.

On the one hand I believe you are correct but on the other hand what Badger alludes to is also correct and, given the current ongoing problems in London specifically (I have no idea about these stabbings in Ipswich being gang related or not), I believe that a bit more state is almost definitely what is now required.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:16 - Jun 14 with 5319 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:07 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Stop buying drugs.

You'll have to stop people abusing kids first! These gangs are dealing smack and rocks to some of society's most vulnerable not a bit of puff to middle class kids or coke to bankers!

Edit....fortunately you can continue to ignore this gaping hole in your new favourite decleration of truth thanks to the 'ignore' function. Hey ho.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 9:20]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:23 - Jun 14 with 5300 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:07 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Stop buying drugs.

Yes, it's really that straightforward. I'm sure people addicted to crack and heroin, the main drugs peddled by these kinds of gangs, can just decide to stop buying drugs and everything will be fine. If only they would make that really easy decision.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:26 - Jun 14 with 5289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stop buying drugs.

Simplistic, unrealistic and silly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 5285 viewsTIB

These lads need to be given direction but if they go inside for a year or so, in their eyes it looks cool and they know that life inside is not all that bad. The prisons are overrun with drugs, sentences are more lenient because of overcrowding and it thus acts as less of deterrent to folk who want to run around stabbing each other. It just seems we've become too soft on these things that have such devastating effects on society.

I've worked with prisoners and seen the affects of knife crime and its incredibly grim, but for many of them involved its a mindset, glamourized more now by the genre "drill music" which essentially is a bunch of youths in hoods talking about guns, knives, harming people etc. They make out to be disenfranchised by society, feeling forgotten and left behind but they forget that we live in a somewhat stable/civilised country where there are opportunities...they just need to realise you don't get anything for nothing and stabbing folk isn't a desired skill for the CV

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:29 - Jun 14 with 5276 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:23 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

Yes, it's really that straightforward. I'm sure people addicted to crack and heroin, the main drugs peddled by these kinds of gangs, can just decide to stop buying drugs and everything will be fine. If only they would make that really easy decision.

Surely the number of people who suffer from chronic addictions to drugs is vanishingly small compared the number of people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox? Or are they "addicted" too?

Lammy specifically says the London stabbings are connected to the cocaine market. Not heroin, not crack.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:31 - Jun 14 with 5270 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:26 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Simplistic, unrealistic and silly.

The most straight forward solutions to problems are often both simple and unrealistic.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:35 - Jun 14 with 5256 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:29 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Surely the number of people who suffer from chronic addictions to drugs is vanishingly small compared the number of people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox? Or are they "addicted" too?

Lammy specifically says the London stabbings are connected to the cocaine market. Not heroin, not crack.

There are lots of reasons people do drugs. There are lots of reasons people get stabbed.

Your insistence in laying the blame at the feet of "people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox" is simplistic nonsense.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:38 - Jun 14 with 5246 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:35 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

There are lots of reasons people do drugs. There are lots of reasons people get stabbed.

Your insistence in laying the blame at the feet of "people who do lines with their mates at the weekend or Lovebox" is simplistic nonsense.

No it isn't, they create the market that in turn leads to some of the violence that we see on our streets every day. That is a simple fact endorsed by people across the political spectrum who are actively involved in the problems of gang violence. People who buy drugs are in part responsible for the murder of children, both in the UK and in the countries of drug origin. I could guess at why you have such an ongoing problem with this.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:39 - Jun 14 with 5239 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 09:31 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

The most straight forward solutions to problems are often both simple and unrealistic.

That doesn't make any sense. If something is unrealistic how is it a solution?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024