Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74685 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 14 with 2449 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:57 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

What is your evidence base for confidently predicting that legalizing something like coke would be worse than alcohol being legal?

From an ethical standpoint I don't know how you justify not thinking a harmful drug like alcohol should be banned given your reasons for not being willing to countenance other drugs being made legal. If it's purely pragmatic rather than ethical then there are plenty of pragmatic reasons given on this thread for legalizing other drugs. I suspect it's a form of squeamishness borne out of your extreme conservatism, mate.

To wit your first point I assume you havent spent much time around people on coke. This is a typical thing for people such as yourself who live comfortable lives far away from the day to day horrors the things you espouse release.

I don't agree with this so-called pragmatic viewpoint that legalizing Class A drugs and releasing said awfulness is a good thing. If being squeamish means I dont want your children mine or anyone else's able to buy a gram across the counter in 10 years time then call me what you like, apart from mate if you please.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:06 - Jun 14 with 2418 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

To wit your first point I assume you havent spent much time around people on coke. This is a typical thing for people such as yourself who live comfortable lives far away from the day to day horrors the things you espouse release.

I don't agree with this so-called pragmatic viewpoint that legalizing Class A drugs and releasing said awfulness is a good thing. If being squeamish means I dont want your children mine or anyone else's able to buy a gram across the counter in 10 years time then call me what you like, apart from mate if you please.

I've spent plenty of time around people on coke and if your narrow life experience is your evidence base you'll pardon me if I dismiss it, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:15 - Jun 14 with 2417 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:06 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

I've spent plenty of time around people on coke and if your narrow life experience is your evidence base you'll pardon me if I dismiss it, mate.

Having asked politely not to call me that twice, you're now on ignore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:17 - Jun 14 with 2411 viewsJ2BLUE

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:15 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Texters, add him to the whatsapp group.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:19 - Jun 14 with 2407 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:15 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

The effort you put into your trolling is admirable, in some strange way.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:21 - Jun 14 with 2400 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:19 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

The effort you put into your trolling is admirable, in some strange way.

Having patiently answered most if not all the questions and points directed my way and putting people who repeatedly call me something I have asked not to be called on ignore makes one a troll now?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:23 - Jun 14 with 2394 viewseireblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:45 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I don't understand. What isnt working? The majority of people dont take drugs and the *vast* majority of people who have no longer do, this may be in large part because these drugs are still illegal (certainly Class As are anyway). However there are significant societal problems as a result of this selfish minorities actions.

My suggestion is that they inform themselves of the consequences of their hobby and stop.

They are aware of the consequences, probably don't dwell on it too much, and choose to continue.

Welcome.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:23 - Jun 14 with 2393 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:32 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

Why is it impossible? It's harmful so people shouldn't be allowed to take it. That is your argument in respect of other drugs when the question of legalizing is raised so why the inconsistency?

Meat and dairy production is massively damaging to the environment and will likely lead to the destruction of the planet far more quickly than people doing a bit of coke will. What's your stance on the ethics of these people who eat meat?

This is the issue with conservatism, when you equate morality to social convention and law first and foremost you can't help but end up holding a lot of contradictory views that don't stand up to much scrutiny. Either be a puritan or don't, mate.

All he is saying is that the currently illegal drugs should remain illegal. As you agree they’re harmful you are agreeing with him so what’s the argument here?
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:25 - Jun 14 with 2390 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:21 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Having patiently answered most if not all the questions and points directed my way and putting people who repeatedly call me something I have asked not to be called on ignore makes one a troll now?

And yet you felt the need to tell him you put him on ignore. Love the mock-outrage Chico, you're elevating the art form!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:25 - Jun 14 with 2388 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:23 - Jun 14 by eireblue

They are aware of the consequences, probably don't dwell on it too much, and choose to continue.

Welcome.

I don't agree. If they were aware, really aware, of the consequences then I believe they would stop.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:27 - Jun 14 with 2381 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:25 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

And yet you felt the need to tell him you put him on ignore. Love the mock-outrage Chico, you're elevating the art form!

I'm not outraged. It does us both a favour. I told him so he wouldn't think I was ignoring his arguments or avoiding them. He's on ignore simply for being rude.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:28 - Jun 14 with 2378 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:27 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I'm not outraged. It does us both a favour. I told him so he wouldn't think I was ignoring his arguments or avoiding them. He's on ignore simply for being rude.

Well, I hope that you take my comment in the complimentary fashion it was intended.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:29 - Jun 14 with 2376 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:28 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Well, I hope that you take my comment in the complimentary fashion it was intended.

I don't think anything about you or your comments at all.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:29 - Jun 14 with 2376 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Looks like I've missed a massive thread here - which I can't be arsed to read but I'll stick my nose in.

Legalising hard drugs would solve the gang thing but you have to ask yourself "Do I want my Grandchild to be able to pop into Boots for an 1/8" of coke? Actually it's a tough one.

I don't think coke does a lot of harm really, apart from the fact that you would end up boring people to death who you are out with. The problem as I see it is that some people have very addictive personalities and making it easier to get may cause these people additional problems.

It's a tough one - and there isn't really a right or wrong.

Your continued stance on blaming the users for gang warfare is daft though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:31 - Jun 14 with 2369 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:29 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I don't think anything about you or your comments at all.

Salty! Might have to put you on ignore for rudeness!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 16:31]

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:34 - Jun 14 with 2353 viewsOhiotractorboy

Is this a problem with gangs, or are they random stabbings?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:35 - Jun 14 with 2351 viewseireblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:25 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I don't agree. If they were aware, really aware, of the consequences then I believe they would stop.

You mean, like force them to watch videos of crime scenes with mutilated human bodies so they can get a good appreciation of the consequences.

How do you force someone to face, really face the consequences?

Everybody is aware of drug crime.

It wouldn't work.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:36 - Jun 14 with 2348 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:29 - Jun 14 by Lord_Lucan

Looks like I've missed a massive thread here - which I can't be arsed to read but I'll stick my nose in.

Legalising hard drugs would solve the gang thing but you have to ask yourself "Do I want my Grandchild to be able to pop into Boots for an 1/8" of coke? Actually it's a tough one.

I don't think coke does a lot of harm really, apart from the fact that you would end up boring people to death who you are out with. The problem as I see it is that some people have very addictive personalities and making it easier to get may cause these people additional problems.

It's a tough one - and there isn't really a right or wrong.

Your continued stance on blaming the users for gang warfare is daft though.

Don't you agree that drug users have to share even a small part of the blame for all this death and terror?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:37 - Jun 14 with 2336 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:35 - Jun 14 by eireblue

You mean, like force them to watch videos of crime scenes with mutilated human bodies so they can get a good appreciation of the consequences.

It wouldn't work.

What about the onset of mental health problems which some on here are exhibiting?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:38 - Jun 14 with 2335 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:35 - Jun 14 by eireblue

It wouldn't work.

No thats not what I mean. I don't mean to force anyone to do anything.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 2315 viewsgiant_stow

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:37 - Jun 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

What about the onset of mental health problems which some on here are exhibiting?

oh gawd, that's upped the ante.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:47 - Jun 14 with 2311 viewshype313

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:34 - Jun 14 by Ohiotractorboy

Is this a problem with gangs, or are they random stabbings?

Big Gang problem in the Town.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:59 - Jun 14 with 2278 viewseireblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:38 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

No thats not what I mean. I don't mean to force anyone to do anything.

But your position is that if they were "aware, really aware, of the consequences".

So you are making the assumption that some are not.

How would you like them to become aware, really aware?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:03 - Jun 14 with 2269 viewsOhiotractorboy

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:47 - Jun 14 by hype313

Big Gang problem in the Town.

Oooh, not good.

On a side note, we had a stabbing over here two days ago. WIthin a day, the news was announcing 31 year old so and so was stabbed by this 51 year old (giving his name). The next day, the 51 year old turned himself in with a bond set at 1.5 million dollars. His attorney showed police video showing the man literally halfway across town at the time of the stabbing. OOOOPS

He is free without posting any bond. Not sure what the police based this one on...
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 17:04]
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:03 - Jun 14 with 2268 viewseireblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:37 - Jun 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

I confess, I am not a psychiatrist or mental health professional, so not sure how easy it is to diagnose such an onset from posts.

Can you share you deep knowledge on this, with some examples?

I believe mental health issues are regularly discussed on here in a very positive way. I am sure we will all benefit from your professional insight.

Over to you...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024