Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Good News Story 22:51 - Jun 13 with 1734 viewsconnorscontract

A solution to the plastic problem: a completely natural waste product which can produce a plastic-substitute for food storage which OUTPERFORMS plastic as it has anti-bacterial properties as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/tHFYSpx65nL83LTrvHFdPy/plastic-s-fantas
A Good News Story on 22:53 - Jun 13 with 1725 viewswkj

Seems really promising- though the potential worsening of over fishing and the vegan perspective could take the wind out of the sails

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A Good News Story on 00:13 - Jun 14 with 1687 viewsconnorscontract

A Good News Story on 22:53 - Jun 13 by wkj

Seems really promising- though the potential worsening of over fishing and the vegan perspective could take the wind out of the sails

It uses the shells which are a by-product of most processing of prawns and scampi. And the same protein is extractable from insects and fungi, so a vegan version is possible.
A Good News Story on 10:47 - Jun 14 with 1577 viewsKeno

A Good News Story on 00:13 - Jun 14 by connorscontract

It uses the shells which are a by-product of most processing of prawns and scampi. And the same protein is extractable from insects and fungi, so a vegan version is possible.

or alternatively just ban vegans

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A Good News Story on 10:52 - Jun 14 with 1568 viewsbluefunk

A Good News Story on 10:47 - Jun 14 by Keno

or alternatively just ban vegans

Will no one think of the prawns.......
A Good News Story on 10:52 - Jun 14 with 1568 viewsStokieBlue

A Good News Story on 00:13 - Jun 14 by connorscontract

It's a nice breakthrough although obviously the vast quantities of plastic produced could never be covered by shells.

Shells should also never be wasted, they should be used to make amazing broths or sauces to go with their owners.

Long term we need to clean up the existing plastic as well as make new biodegradable ones and we will likely need to use something like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/16/scientists-accidentally-crea

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A Good News Story on 10:53 - Jun 14 with 1564 viewsKeno

A Good News Story on 10:52 - Jun 14 by bluefunk

Will no one think of the prawns.......

I often think of the prawns

usually being fried in garlic and olive oil or gently simmered in a lime and ginger risotto

A Good News Story on 14:00 - Jun 14 with 1517 viewsSlambo

I also read recently that somewhere in Japan scientists have discovered a microbe that can digest plastic, and are close to synthesising the enzyme that the microbe uses to break the plastic down. I think it's only on the type of plastic used for plastic bottles, but nonetheless, exciting stuff. Just a question of whether it's too little, too late...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

A Good News Story on 14:03 - Jun 14 with 1512 viewsStokieBlue

A Good News Story on 14:00 - Jun 14 by Slambo

I also read recently that somewhere in Japan scientists have discovered a microbe that can digest plastic, and are close to synthesising the enzyme that the microbe uses to break the plastic down. I think it's only on the type of plastic used for plastic bottles, but nonetheless, exciting stuff. Just a question of whether it's too little, too late...

The link for that is in my post above.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

A Good News Story on 14:05 - Jun 14 with 1509 viewsSpruceMoose

A Good News Story on 14:00 - Jun 14 by Slambo

Just wait until it evolves to digest everything and eats the world.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A Good News Story on 17:44 - Jun 14 with 1478 viewsKeno

A Good News Story on 14:05 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Just wait until it evolves to digest everything and eats the world.

But would it be able to eat an egg fried by J2?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024