Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the point? 13:07 - Jun 14 with 18934 viewsStokieBlue

Totally idiotic behaviour:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/bunch-idiots-destroy-320000000-years-history-stup

I used to go rock climbing there years and years ago when I was in the scouts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 22:08 - Jun 17 with 1552 viewsslump

What's the point? on 21:58 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Another who can't answer.

Come on, which comparisons have I made that are so objectionable?

Put up or shut up.

You'd do well to learn a bit of self awareness.

Ciao

UTT

What's the point? on 22:11 - Jun 17 with 1544 viewsstrikalite

What's the point? on 21:41 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Well I disagree. For me, a naturally occurring rock being pushed over is not the same as kicking someone's car in.

Feel free to slaughter me, like everyone else, for having a different opinion. Or respect my right to have it.

What about kicking someone's wall over? I mean, it's only a stupid wall..

5 years for a wall, 4 years for the dodgy old rock....
What's the point? on 22:11 - Jun 17 with 1545 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point? on 22:06 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Yes. As I said several pages back, I think m14's punishment makes good sense.

Fair enough on the punishment.

However that would only be enforceable if it was a police punishment such as community service.

My post was trying to illustrate a wider point that you don't even seem to agree with your initial post which was the one which got everyone on your back and lead to the feelings of a herd persecution.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 22:17 - Jun 17 with 1532 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What's the point? on 22:11 - Jun 17 by StokieBlue

Fair enough on the punishment.

However that would only be enforceable if it was a police punishment such as community service.

My post was trying to illustrate a wider point that you don't even seem to agree with your initial post which was the one which got everyone on your back and lead to the feelings of a herd persecution.

SB

Which bit has he got a problem with people objecting to?

The idea that there was no signage because he couldn't see any in the photos? Anyone who has visited the site knows how big it is and how clear it is that it is a National Trust property with plenty of signage and barriers.

The idea that it could have been young kids who knew no better? He clearly does not appreciate the size of the rock involved.

The idea it should not be a police matter? He clearly does not accept the idea of ownership of land/sites etc. My wife said "how would he feel if it had been the statue of Sir Bobby?"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What's the point? on 22:45 - Jun 17 with 1500 viewsRyorry

What's the point? on 22:01 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I know all of these things.

In what way does thinking jail is OTT (where these kids can learn how to carry out much worse crimes) preclude me from understanding the importance of history, geology, rarity, cherishing the natural world, and having a soul?

what you've said through the thread wasn't just about jail sentance though was it, for instance you said " For me, a naturally occurring rock being pushed over is not the same as kicking someone's car in."

The point some of us are trying to make and which you don't understand (so you need educating) is that no, it's not the same as kicking someone's car in, its worse, because cars or brick walls can always be replaced, but these naturally occurring prehistoric stones can't be and are therefore priceless

OK I'm outed! I've been trying to get away from some people, mea culpa!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 22:46]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's the point? on 22:56 - Jun 17 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 22:01 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I know all of these things.

In what way does thinking jail is OTT (where these kids can learn how to carry out much worse crimes) preclude me from understanding the importance of history, geology, rarity, cherishing the natural world, and having a soul?

Aim high, swing low. Do I really think jail is appropriate? No. I'd be happy with community service.

I have a feeling we'll disagree on the length of that service though. It should be a lot IMO as it's a punishment. Perhaps one hour for every million years that rock had been there would be symbolic and make them appreciate exactly what they have done.

You're welcome to your opinion so please don't take this as an attack but it genuinely saddens me that you seem to think a wall or your garden getting destroyed is worse than this rock.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the point? on 00:47 - Jun 18 with 1444 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 22:56 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

Aim high, swing low. Do I really think jail is appropriate? No. I'd be happy with community service.

I have a feeling we'll disagree on the length of that service though. It should be a lot IMO as it's a punishment. Perhaps one hour for every million years that rock had been there would be symbolic and make them appreciate exactly what they have done.

You're welcome to your opinion so please don't take this as an attack but it genuinely saddens me that you seem to think a wall or your garden getting destroyed is worse than this rock.

Earlier in the thread you said, "Given the historical significance i'd happily see them jailed to be honest. Sue me."

Now you're saying, "Do I really think jail is appropriate? No. I'd be happy with community service. I have a feeling we'll disagree on the length of that service though."

So were you trolling me previously? Now you appear to be agreeing with me... but you're adding that we'll disagree on the length of service because you can't be seen to be agreeing with me THAT much!

Also where have I said a wall being destroyed is worse than this rock?

More words being put in my mouth.

Another idiot above saying his wife is asking what if it were Sir Bobby's statue when I've already spoken about monuments and statues several times.

I'm done with this thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 13:04 - Jun 18 with 1363 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 00:47 - Jun 18 by BrixtonBlue

Earlier in the thread you said, "Given the historical significance i'd happily see them jailed to be honest. Sue me."

Now you're saying, "Do I really think jail is appropriate? No. I'd be happy with community service. I have a feeling we'll disagree on the length of that service though."

So were you trolling me previously? Now you appear to be agreeing with me... but you're adding that we'll disagree on the length of service because you can't be seen to be agreeing with me THAT much!

Also where have I said a wall being destroyed is worse than this rock?

More words being put in my mouth.

Another idiot above saying his wife is asking what if it were Sir Bobby's statue when I've already spoken about monuments and statues several times.

I'm done with this thread.

I meant the jail bit when I posted it. I'm just agreeing that community service is a better idea.

'but you're adding that we'll disagree on the length of service because you can't be seen to be agreeing with me THAT much!'

what planet are you on?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the point? on 13:22 - Jun 18 with 1351 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 21:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'm being an @rse for saying an act (which I have stated was wrong) shouldn't be punished with jail sentences, as I think that's a bit OTT?

Ok then, I'm an @rse.

Note to self: Don't have an opinion that slightly differs from the herd.

Point of order. You originally complained that the police were involved. Then you pulled the old Glaswegian Swerve and started talking about prison sentences. I don't think anyone advocated for prison sentences here. A good caution or a bo-locking from a copper should suffice.

Now, carry on!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the point? on 13:29 - Jun 18 with 1336 viewschicoazul

What's the point? on 21:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'm being an @rse for saying an act (which I have stated was wrong) shouldn't be punished with jail sentences, as I think that's a bit OTT?

Ok then, I'm an @rse.

Note to self: Don't have an opinion that slightly differs from the herd.

If you're saying that it is slightly discomforting to express an opinion on here that differs from a small number of vocal people then you ought to know I agree absolutely, having experienced it directly from yourself more than once recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024