Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the point? 13:07 - Jun 14 with 18960 viewsStokieBlue

Totally idiotic behaviour:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/bunch-idiots-destroy-320000000-years-history-stup

I used to go rock climbing there years and years ago when I was in the scouts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 21:07 - Jun 14 with 3074 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 21:03 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

No of course i wouldn't feel the same about Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a monument built by people out of rock that came from hundreds of miles away (which is therefore amazing for the time).

This rock is a naturally occurring one. And there are lots of them.

I am with you, probably. I'm not one of the hang, draw and quarter brigade but I agree that these youths need a lesson in respecting their surroundings and fellow man.

I'm not sure what the punishment should be but I disagree with J2 that it should be a jail term for pushing a rock over.

I originally typed 'I want them hanging from a lamppost'

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the point? on 21:08 - Jun 14 with 3068 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:06 - Jun 14 by m14_blue

I would have thought a few weekends and evenings spent helping out at National Trust sites (litter picking, fixing walls etc) would be appropriate.

Perhaps with someone with them to explain why these sites are important.

Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 21:10 - Jun 14 with 3063 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:07 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

I originally typed 'I want them hanging from a lamppost'

Haha. Wow, you love rocks don't you!

You haven't been smoking weed perchance? I'm just doing a survey...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 3034 viewswkj

What's the point? on 19:57 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

I can see where you're coming from and it is annoying ...but if it was just kids messing around thinking it's 'cool' to push a big rock over and watch it smash - haven't we all done daft stuff like that when we were young, without realising the significance?

What if someone got hurt or killed? I fuppin great rock gouging a big chunk of cliff on the way down suggests it was ridiculously dangerous, just because it didn't doesn't matter, the fact it could have done quite easily is bad enough. Youths or not should have a sense of right and wrong, and if they dont (which this act clearly suggests they dont) being caught/fined/sent away for a bit would open their eyes. I am unable to see it as a bit of larking about if it could have cost someone their life.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What's the point? on 21:40 - Jun 14 with 3032 viewswkj

What's the point? on 20:12 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

How can you call a rock breaking up into smaller rocks vandalism?

You'll be telling me kicking over sandcastles is a criminal offence next!

What if someone somehow pushed bits of stone henge over? The rock is from a time before the continents drifted, you say it isn't art- maybe not art made by humans, but it was natural art that predates our existence.

Edit: Didnt realise there was a page 2 when posting and someone said more or less exactly this
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 21:44]

Crybaby

What's the point? on 21:51 - Jun 14 with 3018 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 21:10 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Haha. Wow, you love rocks don't you!

You haven't been smoking weed perchance? I'm just doing a survey...

I can't understand why you're not outraged. I'm not one for witchhunts and public lynch mobs but this was historic and it's gone because of stupidity. I'd love to know if they knew what it was before they did it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the point? on 22:16 - Jun 14 with 2996 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:36 - Jun 14 by wkj

What if someone got hurt or killed? I fuppin great rock gouging a big chunk of cliff on the way down suggests it was ridiculously dangerous, just because it didn't doesn't matter, the fact it could have done quite easily is bad enough. Youths or not should have a sense of right and wrong, and if they dont (which this act clearly suggests they dont) being caught/fined/sent away for a bit would open their eyes. I am unable to see it as a bit of larking about if it could have cost someone their life.

You're going a bit overboard now aren't you? One would hope they'd look before pushing it off.

What's the point? on 22:20 - Jun 14 with 2994 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:40 - Jun 14 by wkj

What if someone somehow pushed bits of stone henge over? The rock is from a time before the continents drifted, you say it isn't art- maybe not art made by humans, but it was natural art that predates our existence.

Edit: Didnt realise there was a page 2 when posting and someone said more or less exactly this
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 21:44]

I've answered Stonehenge.

Where did I say it isn't art?!?

I think everyone's been smoking dope on TWTD today. Everyone's taken leave of their senses!

Login to get fewer ads

What's the point? on 22:20 - Jun 14 with 2992 viewswkj

What's the point? on 22:16 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

You're going a bit overboard now aren't you? One would hope they'd look before pushing it off.

Of course one would hope that- But if it took a group of people some effort to shift the rock, they might have been a bit preoccupied, the fact someone saw youths do it implies they weren't fully aware of their surroundings nor of the person watching.

Crybaby

What's the point? on 22:28 - Jun 14 with 2984 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:51 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

I can't understand why you're not outraged. I'm not one for witchhunts and public lynch mobs but this was historic and it's gone because of stupidity. I'd love to know if they knew what it was before they did it.

I can't understand why you ARE outraged.

We're just different people J2. No matter.

What's the point? on 22:30 - Jun 14 with 2981 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 22:20 - Jun 14 by wkj

Of course one would hope that- But if it took a group of people some effort to shift the rock, they might have been a bit preoccupied, the fact someone saw youths do it implies they weren't fully aware of their surroundings nor of the person watching.

Well nobody did die, so calm yourself down.

What's the point? on 22:37 - Jun 14 with 2974 viewswkj

What's the point? on 22:30 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Well nobody did die, so calm yourself down.

You are in a bit of a combative mood today friend, nobody did die which is a win, but looking at the damage and how accessible the area seems to be it could have been a real possibility. We've seen a few examples of how boundless some kids are getting in Ipswich lately, which is why I am with the majority on this one, that they need a serious wake up call.

Crybaby

What's the point? on 22:49 - Jun 14 with 2955 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 22:37 - Jun 14 by wkj

You are in a bit of a combative mood today friend, nobody did die which is a win, but looking at the damage and how accessible the area seems to be it could have been a real possibility. We've seen a few examples of how boundless some kids are getting in Ipswich lately, which is why I am with the majority on this one, that they need a serious wake up call.

I'm not combative at all, I just have a different view to most in this thread.

What's the point? on 23:29 - Jun 14 with 2930 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point? on 21:03 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

No of course i wouldn't feel the same about Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a monument built by people out of rock that came from hundreds of miles away (which is therefore amazing for the time).

This rock is a naturally occurring one. And there are lots of them.

I am with you, probably. I'm not one of the hang, draw and quarter brigade but I agree that these youths need a lesson in respecting their surroundings and fellow man.

I'm not sure what the punishment should be but I disagree with J2 that it should be a jail term for pushing a rock over.

Point of order.

There are not lots of naturally occurring balancing rocks in the region, that's the point.

It's not some random boulder they decided to push over. It's a rock that's been held in gravitational equilibrium for many millennia.

It's not just some rock.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 23:32]

What's the point? on 00:01 - Jun 15 with 2907 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 19:13 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

No idea what this means. I'm neither metropolitan nor elite.

No. But you are an idiot sometimes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the point? on 00:05 - Jun 15 with 2905 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 22:20 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

I've answered Stonehenge.

Where did I say it isn't art?!?

I think everyone's been smoking dope on TWTD today. Everyone's taken leave of their senses!

Anything for an argument.

You're becoming a bore again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the point? on 08:02 - Jun 15 with 2771 viewsSwailsey

What's the point? on 20:22 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

How is it remotely similar to my front garden?!

And you reckon *I* need to get a grip!

Stunning. You really are the master of trolling.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What's the point? on 08:33 - Jun 15 with 2762 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 23:29 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Point of order.

There are not lots of naturally occurring balancing rocks in the region, that's the point.

It's not some random boulder they decided to push over. It's a rock that's been held in gravitational equilibrium for many millennia.

It's not just some rock.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 23:32]

"There are not lots of naturally occurring balancing rocks in the region."

"A series of large, balancing sandstone rocks known as Brimham Rock litter the Moors."

What's the point? on 08:35 - Jun 15 with 2760 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 00:01 - Jun 15 by jeera

No. But you are an idiot sometimes.

Really sorry for having a different opinion to you x

What's the point? on 08:37 - Jun 15 with 2757 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 00:05 - Jun 15 by jeera

Anything for an argument.

You're becoming a bore again.

He said I said it isn't art. I said no such thing. Now it's "anything for an argument" because I've pointed out where he was incorrect?!

WTF is wrong with you?

What's the point? on 08:39 - Jun 15 with 2755 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point? on 08:33 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

"There are not lots of naturally occurring balancing rocks in the region."

"A series of large, balancing sandstone rocks known as Brimham Rock litter the Moors."

Since when is series equivalent to a lot? A series could be a small amount. I've been to these rocks and I don't recall rocks in equilibrium being all over the place.

In fact if it's a member of a series formation surely that makes what they did even worse?

We disagree, let's leave it at that.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 8:40]

What's the point? on 08:39 - Jun 15 with 2753 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 08:02 - Jun 15 by Swailsey

Stunning. You really are the master of trolling.

So when anyone has a different opinion it's now trolling is it?

We might as well close down TWTD. No-one's allowed to have a different opinion.

What's the point? on 08:47 - Jun 15 with 2746 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 08:39 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Since when is series equivalent to a lot? A series could be a small amount. I've been to these rocks and I don't recall rocks in equilibrium being all over the place.

In fact if it's a member of a series formation surely that makes what they did even worse?

We disagree, let's leave it at that.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 8:40]

It says they LITTER the moors. That suggests to me a lot.

You've edited now, but I'd like to know what I've apparently "reverted back to". People have put points to me and I've answered them. That's it.

What's the point? on 08:53 - Jun 15 with 2740 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point? on 08:47 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

It says they LITTER the moors. That suggests to me a lot.

You've edited now, but I'd like to know what I've apparently "reverted back to". People have put points to me and I've answered them. That's it.

I edited it because I thought I was being too harsh and didn't want to be.

I do think you've gone back to arguing just for the sake of it and posting one sentence out of posts whilst ignoring the rest in order to try and score points. A number of other posters have said the same in this thread as well.

I honestly also don't understand your views on this subject, guess we just differ there. That's fine.

SB

What's the point? on 08:57 - Jun 15 with 2734 viewsSwailsey

What's the point? on 08:39 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

So when anyone has a different opinion it's now trolling is it?

We might as well close down TWTD. No-one's allowed to have a different opinion.

Dolly, do you not ever stop and wonder why so many of your threads and opinions are so one sided?

It can’t ALWAYS be everyone else. You really do get people’s backs up with the way you reply to them. If you can’t see that, you will always find yourself in these situations unfortunately.

If that’s what you want, then fine - but you can’t have it both ways.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024