Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the point? 13:07 - Jun 14 with 18953 viewsStokieBlue

Totally idiotic behaviour:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/bunch-idiots-destroy-320000000-years-history-stup

I used to go rock climbing there years and years ago when I was in the scouts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 10:57 - Jun 17 with 2492 viewsjaykay

What's the point? on 10:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Read the thread before you join the 'Give Dolly a kicking' queue.

now i can agree with you on that

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What's the point? on 11:05 - Jun 17 with 2481 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What's the point? on 10:27 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

It has dawned on me that I will have this avatar for the rest of my life now.

I'm not concerned. I can handle commitment. I bought two bags for life earlier like it was nothing. #player

Why would you encourage street gangs like that! Shocking.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What's the point? on 13:56 - Jun 17 with 2420 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 10:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Read the thread before you join the 'Give Dolly a kicking' queue.

For you don’t half love a bit of martyrdom! I think you’re jealous of all the attention the rock is getting!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the point? on 15:19 - Jun 17 with 2397 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:56 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

For you don’t half love a bit of martyrdom! I think you’re jealous of all the attention the rock is getting!

Do you not think it's a valid point given I've already answered the Stonehenge point?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 19:55 - Jun 17 with 2340 viewsslump

What's the point? on 09:29 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not always in an opposing view. Just sometimes. The reason I get people's backs up is that a lot of people on here can't handle someone having a different opinion. They can't understand my reasoning and get annoyed because it isn't the same as their own.

Can you point out specifically in this thread anything I've said that's out of order? As far as i can see, my points are valid and have been put in a way that are as respectful, if not more so, than what I'm replying to.

Basically you are being and @rse.

But I think that you know that. If you don't then have a word with yourself fella.

UTT

What's the point? on 21:15 - Jun 17 with 2311 viewsBogblue

What's the point? on 20:54 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

My garden is my private property. This rock is one of loads scattered all over that area, which everyone is free to wander across.

Anyway, I've said my bit. We just disagree.

if other groups of youths, having seen the ones who did this damage get away without serious penalty (not saying jail) decided to damage the "loads scattered all over that area", there'd be nothing left of a historic site.

Apply it to the rest of the UK's historic natural landscape and monuments and there'd be none of them left either.

Youth needs to be educated and that includes you, who's coming across as a right philistine
What's the point? on 21:21 - Jun 17 with 2304 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 15:19 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Do you not think it's a valid point given I've already answered the Stonehenge point?

FWIT I would liken it to kicking someone's car in and then claiming it to be high jinks.

It's criminal damage. And doesn't need to be spelt out.

I blame the parents.

Well, and the kids who did it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the point? on 21:32 - Jun 17 with 2288 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 19:55 - Jun 17 by slump

Basically you are being and @rse.

But I think that you know that. If you don't then have a word with yourself fella.

I'm being an @rse for saying an act (which I have stated was wrong) shouldn't be punished with jail sentences, as I think that's a bit OTT?

Ok then, I'm an @rse.

Note to self: Don't have an opinion that slightly differs from the herd.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the point? on 21:35 - Jun 17 with 2283 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:15 - Jun 17 by Bogblue

if other groups of youths, having seen the ones who did this damage get away without serious penalty (not saying jail) decided to damage the "loads scattered all over that area", there'd be nothing left of a historic site.

Apply it to the rest of the UK's historic natural landscape and monuments and there'd be none of them left either.

Youth needs to be educated and that includes you, who's coming across as a right philistine

I have also merely said "not jail". I have agreed with m14_blue;

"I would have thought a few weekends and evenings spent helping out at National Trust sites (litter picking, fixing walls etc) would be appropriate. Perhaps with someone with them to explain why these sites are important."

Explain to me what I need to be educated in.

What's the point? on 21:38 - Jun 17 with 2273 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 21:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'm being an @rse for saying an act (which I have stated was wrong) shouldn't be punished with jail sentences, as I think that's a bit OTT?

Ok then, I'm an @rse.

Dolly. On those occasions you find yourself agreeing with the majority, it doesn't make you a part of any herd.

It just means you have considered the general consensus on something and agreed.

It isn't tribal.

That's why we have juries.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 21:40]

What's the point? on 21:41 - Jun 17 with 2268 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:21 - Jun 17 by jeera

FWIT I would liken it to kicking someone's car in and then claiming it to be high jinks.

It's criminal damage. And doesn't need to be spelt out.

I blame the parents.

Well, and the kids who did it.

Well I disagree. For me, a naturally occurring rock being pushed over is not the same as kicking someone's car in.

Feel free to slaughter me, like everyone else, for having a different opinion. Or respect my right to have it.

What's the point? on 21:41 - Jun 17 with 2267 viewsslump

What's the point? on 21:32 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Ok then, I'm an @rse.

Your comparisons have been daft

UTT

What's the point? on 21:42 - Jun 17 with 2264 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 21:41 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Well I disagree. For me, a naturally occurring rock being pushed over is not the same as kicking someone's car in.

Feel free to slaughter me, like everyone else, for having a different opinion. Or respect my right to have it.

Don't be so dramatic.

I'm not slaughtering you. I doubt you even taste nice so no point.

You're just wrong.

What's the point? on 21:51 - Jun 17 with 2249 viewsBogblue

What's the point? on 21:35 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I have also merely said "not jail". I have agreed with m14_blue;

"I would have thought a few weekends and evenings spent helping out at National Trust sites (litter picking, fixing walls etc) would be appropriate. Perhaps with someone with them to explain why these sites are important."

Explain to me what I need to be educated in.

the importance of history, geology, rarity, cherishing the natural world, and having a soul
What's the point? on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 2246 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:38 - Jun 17 by jeera

Dolly. On those occasions you find yourself agreeing with the majority, it doesn't make you a part of any herd.

It just means you have considered the general consensus on something and agreed.

It isn't tribal.

That's why we have juries.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 21:40]

i'm not really bothered what you call it. Is there a collective noun for a group of TWTDers?!

It's the dog's abuse I'm getting, people rewriting what I've said. It's like I'm being hounded out of town for having the temerity to suggest a prison sentence is a bit OTT.

If The Sun were writing a story about this thread the headline would be "Dolly Says Stonehenge Should Be Smashed Up."

What's the point? on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 2244 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:41 - Jun 17 by slump

Your comparisons have been daft

Which comparisons?

What's the point? on 21:54 - Jun 17 with 2235 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 21:52 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

i'm not really bothered what you call it. Is there a collective noun for a group of TWTDers?!

It's the dog's abuse I'm getting, people rewriting what I've said. It's like I'm being hounded out of town for having the temerity to suggest a prison sentence is a bit OTT.

If The Sun were writing a story about this thread the headline would be "Dolly Says Stonehenge Should Be Smashed Up."

I didn't know you were getting abuse.

I commented on an earlier page and then again just now.

I apologise if it came across that way.

PM me anything you wish me to delete. NP.

What's the point? on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 2232 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:42 - Jun 17 by jeera

Don't be so dramatic.

I'm not slaughtering you. I doubt you even taste nice so no point.

You're just wrong.

I'm not saying you are, I'm offering you the chance to join the rest or just accept I have a slightly different opinion.

I don't think I am wrong. I think putting these youngsters in prison, where they can learn much worse crimes, serves no purpose.

What's the point? on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 2223 viewsslump

What's the point? on 21:52 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

Which comparisons?

Give up

UTT

What's the point? on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 2221 viewsjeera

What's the point? on 21:55 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not saying you are, I'm offering you the chance to join the rest or just accept I have a slightly different opinion.

I don't think I am wrong. I think putting these youngsters in prison, where they can learn much worse crimes, serves no purpose.

As I say above. Happy to delete anything offensive have said.

What's the point? on 21:57 - Jun 17 with 2217 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:54 - Jun 17 by jeera

I didn't know you were getting abuse.

I commented on an earlier page and then again just now.

I apologise if it came across that way.

PM me anything you wish me to delete. NP.

Maybe read the thread fully then, as I have suggested others do.

I reiterate, it didn't come across as abuse from your good self.

What's the point? on 21:58 - Jun 17 with 2210 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:56 - Jun 17 by slump

Give up

Another who can't answer.

Come on, which comparisons have I made that are so objectionable?

Put up or shut up.

What's the point? on 22:01 - Jun 17 with 2203 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 21:51 - Jun 17 by Bogblue

the importance of history, geology, rarity, cherishing the natural world, and having a soul

I know all of these things.

In what way does thinking jail is OTT (where these kids can learn how to carry out much worse crimes) preclude me from understanding the importance of history, geology, rarity, cherishing the natural world, and having a soul?

What's the point? on 22:04 - Jun 17 with 2195 viewsStokieBlue

What's the point? on 21:55 - Jun 17 by BrixtonBlue

"Kids messing about have pushed a rock of a crag. It's the sort of dumb thing all kids do since time immemorial. How on earth is this a police matter?"

That's your first comment which drew the criticism. Do you still consider it to not even be a police matter? You seem to be coming around to the matter being worth of community service which I think is a fairly sensible punishment but is certainly a police matter.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 22:06 - Jun 17 with 2188 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 22:04 - Jun 17 by StokieBlue

"Kids messing about have pushed a rock of a crag. It's the sort of dumb thing all kids do since time immemorial. How on earth is this a police matter?"

That's your first comment which drew the criticism. Do you still consider it to not even be a police matter? You seem to be coming around to the matter being worth of community service which I think is a fairly sensible punishment but is certainly a police matter.

SB

Yes. As I said several pages back, I think m14's punishment makes good sense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024