Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) 14:49 - Jun 15 with 1944 viewsCotty

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:51 - Jun 15 with 1931 viewsSpruceMoose

Nothing like a World Cup to remind me how I dislike some nations and players.

Poll: Selectamod

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:51 - Jun 15 with 1925 viewsBlue_Order

Candlelit vigil for Mo Salah.

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:51 - Jun 15 with 1923 viewsSitfcB

Should've chucked Salah on for last 10/15 mins... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Follow the Town, up or down... #COYB
Poll: Why do people believe whats on football rumours and rubbish twitter accounts?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 15 with 1920 viewschristiand

Don’t get what you always deserve in football, as we all know. A poor game, but at least Egypt were trying to win it!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 15 with 1914 viewsBlue_Order

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:51 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

Nothing like a World Cup to remind me how I dislike some nations and players.

Vile comment. Reported.

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:53 - Jun 15 with 1910 viewsGlasgowBlue

They Sphinx it's all over.......................................................

"History is made, sadly, by people who are bystanders and do nothing. Their inaction is an excuse and a cover for intolerance".
Poll: Binary choice poll: What would you prefer?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:54 - Jun 15 with 1897 viewsThrobbe

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:53 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

They Sphinx it's all over.......................................................

That's hardly fair. Oh!

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:55 - Jun 15 with 1887 viewsSteve_M

Dull match, both too worried about losing to ever put much effort into attacking. Shame, of course, that Salah isn't fit.

That said, the free kick just before the goal was almost excellent and the header was a good one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Some Mid-Season Thoughts

Login to get fewer ads

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 1864 viewsITFC_Forever

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:55 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

Dull match, both too worried about losing to ever put much effort into attacking. Shame, of course, that Salah isn't fit.

That said, the free kick just before the goal was almost excellent and the header was a good one.

I had Uruguay to win the race to 2 goals..... even having played poorly, they had the chances to do that.

Cashed out after the goal for a whole 3p.

P 994, W 431, D 250, L 313, F 1473, A 1231
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:00 - Jun 15 with 1847 viewsTIB

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:51 - Jun 15 by SitfcB

Should've chucked Salah on for last 10/15 mins... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Suspect they felt Uruguay was toughest game of group so want him as fit as possible for next two. That said, 0-0 at that point in game it was probably worth a gamble the way he has scored this season!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:00 - Jun 15 with 1840 viewsSpruceMoose

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 15 by Blue_Order

Vile comment. Reported.

To who? The UN?

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:03 - Jun 15 with 1828 viewschristiand

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:00 - Jun 15 by TIB

Suspect they felt Uruguay was toughest game of group so want him as fit as possible for next two. That said, 0-0 at that point in game it was probably worth a gamble the way he has scored this season!!!

It’s still very much in Egypt's hands to qualify, they beat Russia and then the Saudis they are through. I think some of the pundits are going a little overboard about Russia’s result. Yes, they won 5-0, but Saudi Arabia were shockingly poor.

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:04 - Jun 15 with 1824 viewsBlue_Order

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:00 - Jun 15 by SpruceMoose

To who? The UN?

The forum organisers have been notified. I’ll see how they deal with your bigotry before going down other channels, if I have to.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:05]
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:06 - Jun 15 with 1803 viewsSpruceMoose

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:04 - Jun 15 by Blue_Order

The forum organisers have been notified. I’ll see how they deal with your bigotry before going down other channels, if I have to.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 15:05]

Just had a PM from Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

He says he agrees with me after today's result.

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:10 - Jun 15 with 1770 viewsFtnfwest

yeah imagine they'll be devastated for us if we lose to Tunisia
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:12 - Jun 15 with 1769 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:55 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

Uruguay weren't worried about losing, neither of the commentators on BBC mentioned that Egypt were parking the bus. Uruguay were not 'awful' as Pearce called them, Egypt just made it very hard for Uruguay to break Egypt down. Uruguay weren't at the top of their game but they were no where near as bad as they were made out to be and they deserved the winner. The commentary was terrible, they kept saying how poor Uruguay were and how good Egypt were, they even said the goal was against the run of play which is pure nonsense.
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:18 - Jun 15 with 1745 viewschristiand

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:12 - Jun 15 by Skuse4ballondor

Uruguay weren't worried about losing, neither of the commentators on BBC mentioned that Egypt were parking the bus. Uruguay were not 'awful' as Pearce called them, Egypt just made it very hard for Uruguay to break Egypt down. Uruguay weren't at the top of their game but they were no where near as bad as they were made out to be and they deserved the winner. The commentary was terrible, they kept saying how poor Uruguay were and how good Egypt were, they even said the goal was against the run of play which is pure nonsense.

Uruguay were playing walking football for most of the match, not much intent or pace. I was really disappointed with their showing, for the quality of their squad that was a bang average performance and that was being generous.

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:21 - Jun 15 with 1725 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not helped by what looked like a very slow pitch.

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:24 - Jun 15 with 1712 viewscrazyblue68

Totally agree with you. I thought the same. The bbc can be so biased to certain teams, we see that every week in their premiership programmes. Pearce is an awful commentator. Never have rated him. Should fcuk off back to robot wars, and stay there!
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:28 - Jun 15 with 1693 viewsCotty

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 15:10 - Jun 15 by Ftnfwest

yeah imagine they'll be devastated for us if we lose to Tunisia

I don't care if they would be or not.
Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 16:17 - Jun 15 with 1598 viewsGarv

Seemed to me that they (commentary) had an idea of how good Egypt were and every time Uruguay had the ball and didn't have an attack/effort on goal they labelled them awful, not on their game etc. Your summary is about right imo.

Poll: Should Jon Walters start against Norwich?

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 19:15 - Jun 15 with 1478 viewsSteve_M

Still didn't think Uruguay were playing with enough urgency regardless of how Egypt were playing. They did deserve the win though imo.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Some Mid-Season Thoughts

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 22:48 - Jun 15 with 1415 viewsCurrie10

Gutted for Egypt! (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 15 by Blue_Order

Vile comment. Reported.

Likewise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019