Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 16:12 - Jun 15 with 9808 viewsitfcjoe

Saw him at Wembley last night.

I know he is not in with the in crowd, and that there are some people here who think he is only a success because his Dad paid some money at some point.

But he is brilliant, it was a brilliant show and the noise he can generate on his own with a guitar and a loop pedal is unbelievable.

It's a very different live experience too because the songs can't just start like seeing a band because it has to be layered up.

A great special guest too - I may not be cool any more, but I can't get enough of ITFC's most famous fan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ed Sheeran on 01:28 - Jun 16 with 3640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ed Sheeran on 16:22 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

It really does tarnish everything doesn't it?

The thought of him sitting there eating his roast with onion rings watching Geordie Shore saying "this is well peng" makes me want to kill myself. And him.

Jealousy is a nasty trait J2

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ed Sheeran on 07:39 - Jun 16 with 3584 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran on 23:24 - Jun 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

No special guest tonight I have been told....who was it when you went?

Did a duet of perfect with Andrea Bocelli

Ed Sheeran on 08:54 - Jun 16 with 3546 viewsSuperfrans

Haven’t seen him this time round, but he is a very very talented guy. Growing more mainstream with every album, which isn’t to everyone's tastes, but clearly talented.

I know the musos don’t like him and it is fashionable to talk him down. But nobody (and that means “nobody”) has ever attempted to do what he does on a stadium stage like he does, on his own, no backing musicians of any kind, night after night, across dozens of gigs - let alone pull it off. He deserves massive credit for having the balls to try it, let alone be successful with it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ed Sheeran on 09:18 - Jun 16 with 3528 viewsDeano69

Was everyone from Suffolk there yesterday. Loads of friends on Facebook seem to have been there.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ed Sheeran on 11:57 - Jun 16 with 3481 viewsjeera

Ed Sheeran on 08:54 - Jun 16 by Superfrans

Haven’t seen him this time round, but he is a very very talented guy. Growing more mainstream with every album, which isn’t to everyone's tastes, but clearly talented.

I know the musos don’t like him and it is fashionable to talk him down. But nobody (and that means “nobody”) has ever attempted to do what he does on a stadium stage like he does, on his own, no backing musicians of any kind, night after night, across dozens of gigs - let alone pull it off. He deserves massive credit for having the balls to try it, let alone be successful with it.

There was some guy with symbols on his back outside Clacton pier when I was a kid.

He always played alone.

KT Tunstall springs to mind, but no, you're right, not entire gigs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ed Sheeran on 12:03 - Jun 16 with 3476 viewsiamipswich

If Bocelli isn't there tonight, here it is from last year. A really nice video imo

Poll: Who will return first?

Ed Sheeran on 14:39 - Jun 16 with 3429 viewsKuqicoo

I don't dislike him at all. Comes across as a nice guy and supports us so that's good in my book.

His music is ok. My issue is the fact his songs are so overplayed. So i end up finding it dull. Its like music for the masses.

He's talented sure. But there are other artists just as talented. I saw Nik Kershaw play in Bury. He had no backing musicians. Just him, guitar and foot pedal/loop. He was brilliant. There are loads of brilliant artists old and young out there. Ed's been lucky. Good luck to him.
Ed Sheeran on 15:32 - Jun 16 with 3413 viewsSuperfrans

Ed Sheeran on 11:57 - Jun 16 by jeera

There was some guy with symbols on his back outside Clacton pier when I was a kid.

He always played alone.

KT Tunstall springs to mind, but no, you're right, not entire gigs.

Oh, there have been many many solo performers who get on a stage on their own. Billy Bragg when he first started out for one and singer songwriters in the late Sixties, early Seventies I suspect - before my time.

But nobody has done it in stadia, night after night. I think when he played Wembley Stadium the first time, the venue itself said it was the first time anyone had done it. Most solo singer songwriters, when they get on a big stage, bring a band with them.

It really is quite a thing to see.

Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran on 15:38 - Jun 16 with 3407 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran on 14:39 - Jun 16 by Kuqicoo

I don't dislike him at all. Comes across as a nice guy and supports us so that's good in my book.

His music is ok. My issue is the fact his songs are so overplayed. So i end up finding it dull. Its like music for the masses.

He's talented sure. But there are other artists just as talented. I saw Nik Kershaw play in Bury. He had no backing musicians. Just him, guitar and foot pedal/loop. He was brilliant. There are loads of brilliant artists old and young out there. Ed's been lucky. Good luck to him.

No one at the top of any industry has got there without a fair share of luck along the way - privilege, opportunities, right place right time, etc

Ed Sheeran on 15:42 - Jun 16 with 3405 viewsSuperfrans

Ed Sheeran on 14:39 - Jun 16 by Kuqicoo

He’s definitely suffering from over-exposure. He’d do well to take a decent break after this tour.

Ed Sheeran on 15:48 - Jun 16 with 3395 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran on 15:42 - Jun 16 by Superfrans

He’s definitely suffering from over-exposure. He’d do well to take a decent break after this tour.

I'd imagine he will do

Ed Sheeran on 15:59 - Jun 16 with 3387 viewsLord_Lucan

I actually don't know any of his songs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran on 20:48 - Jun 16 with 3310 viewsBluespeed225

Paid his dues at The Steamboat, Music in the Park, etc, so while not really my cup of tea, he likes the Town, stays in Suffolk, I’ve heard a couple of songs I liked without knowing it was him, so as long as he promotes the area in a good light, fair play.
Ed Sheeran on 21:06 - Jun 16 with 3292 viewsjaykay

Ed Sheeran on 15:32 - Jun 16 by Superfrans

Oh, there have been many many solo performers who get on a stage on their own. Billy Bragg when he first started out for one and singer songwriters in the late Sixties, early Seventies I suspect - before my time.

But nobody has done it in stadia, night after night. I think when he played Wembley Stadium the first time, the venue itself said it was the first time anyone had done it. Most solo singer songwriters, when they get on a big stage, bring a band with them.

It really is quite a thing to see.

this is don partridge who was about in the 60s. ed gets a mention at the end of the video

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ed Sheeran on 21:10 - Jun 16 with 3286 viewsvapour_trail

Ed Sheeran on 15:59 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

I actually don't know any of his songs.

Same here but caught a bit of him on the telly when he did Glastonbury and not for me thanks.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ed Sheeran on 21:22 - Jun 16 with 3278 viewsMelford

His music isn't my cup of tea, he doesn't do it for me. Castle On The Hill os OK, but I have massive respect for what he does, to play stadiums with what I have at home. Acoustic guitar and looper pedal, if you get top of the range new you will still have change from a grand for that setup. Think of the money the Stones must spend, 4 members who need pampering, the 8 back-up musicians and vocalists and the rest of the show, the back 2 pages of the Stones current tour programme listed about 200 people who were part of the show. Ed turns up in jeans and a t shirt, acoustic and looper like I would to open mike, that's it and he can fill Wembley doing that, seems a decent bloke too.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ed Sheeran on 21:52 - Jun 16 with 3251 viewsjeera

Ed Sheeran on 21:10 - Jun 16 by vapour_trail

Same here but caught a bit of him on the telly when he did Glastonbury and not for me thanks.

He's no Melford.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ed Sheeran on 22:11 - Jun 16 with 3239 viewsMelford

Ed Sheeran on 21:52 - Jun 16 by jeera

He's no Melford.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ed Sheeran on 10:26 - Jun 17 with 3141 viewsSuperfrans

Ed Sheeran on 21:22 - Jun 16 by Melford

His music isn't my cup of tea, he doesn't do it for me. Castle On The Hill os OK, but I have massive respect for what he does, to play stadiums with what I have at home. Acoustic guitar and looper pedal, if you get top of the range new you will still have change from a grand for that setup. Think of the money the Stones must spend, 4 members who need pampering, the 8 back-up musicians and vocalists and the rest of the show, the back 2 pages of the Stones current tour programme listed about 200 people who were part of the show. Ed turns up in jeans and a t shirt, acoustic and looper like I would to open mike, that's it and he can fill Wembley doing that, seems a decent bloke too.

By the time the tour ends this autumn, the tour will have grossed more than $250m. Imagine the profit that falls out of that given how low cost it all is.

Ed Sheeran on 14:45 - Jun 17 with 3081 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ed Sheeran on 22:11 - Jun 16 by Melford

The sound and production reminds me of Macca's first home made album.

blob:

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ed Sheeran on 19:44 - Jun 17 with 3026 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Ed Sheeran on 08:54 - Jun 16 by Superfrans

And if he can sell out Wembley 4 nights in a row, he’s clearly doing something right.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024