Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then 13:59 - Jun 17 with 2470 viewsMaySixth

that's a shame

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:03 - Jun 17 with 2457 viewsfloridaboy

Saved an awful lot on wages with those who have left so Hurst must have cash to play with.

Also with Shrewsbury not happy with how Hurst left the price for these players will increase significantly if Town are interested!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 14:05]
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:19 - Jun 17 with 2388 viewsNo9

Town still have a decent sized squad. Bringing in more players without moving some on will unecessarily increase the wage bill.
It would be wise to see how many long term inuries will fully repair before the season begins before any spending spree.
Mr Hurst will need to see all players before making any decisons as to who else will leave.
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:47 - Jun 17 with 2330 viewsjas0999

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:19 - Jun 17 by No9

Town still have a decent sized squad. Bringing in more players without moving some on will unecessarily increase the wage bill.
It would be wise to see how many long term inuries will fully repair before the season begins before any spending spree.
Mr Hurst will need to see all players before making any decisons as to who else will leave.

Have we though? McGoldrick, Hyam, Carters-Vickers, Celina, Iorfa, Gleeson were all match day squad players. Further, I don’t recall Moore or Smith being replaced.

I also don’t recall the fee for Moore being reinvested into the squad.

The squad certainly needs strengthening.
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:55 - Jun 17 with 2303 viewsBloomBlue

Good, we should be using the youth players
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 21:42 - Jun 17 with 2070 viewsCurrie10

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 14:47 - Jun 17 by jas0999

Have we though? McGoldrick, Hyam, Carters-Vickers, Celina, Iorfa, Gleeson were all match day squad players. Further, I don’t recall Moore or Smith being replaced.

We need 5 minimum to just be midtable.
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:00 - Jun 17 with 2029 viewsbraveblue

Has any fee ever been reinvested in new players under Evans?
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:01 - Jun 17 with 2022 viewsElderGrizzly

The fee for Moore will have gone back into the playing budget like every other sale has during Evans time at the club. And like Phil tells you every time you comment on a sale... :)

Our salary budget will i’m sure hold at about £18m overall, so Hurst will have around £4m to play with for both fees and wages combined assuming Evans won’t accept higher losses than he already puts in
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:01 - Jun 17 with 2020 viewsElderGrizzly

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:00 - Jun 17 by braveblue

Has any fee ever been reinvested in new players under Evans?

Yes. Every single time.

Wages, loan fees, mediocre transfer fees
Login to get fewer ads

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:15 - Jun 17 with 1979 viewsTrequartista

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 22:01 - Jun 17 by ElderGrizzly

Yes. Every single time.

Wages, loan fees, mediocre transfer fees

I think he/she means in addition to the budget that already exists before the fee is received, in which case, almost never.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 08:50 - Jun 18 with 1773 viewsNo9

The squad will always need strengthening if your horizons are high enough.
Town's squad wasn't small but not helped by a number of long term injuries which, according to the messages from Messrs Evans & Milne. one of the reasons Paul Hurst has been employed is to deal with fitness issues in the playing staff.
But I hope that in the time available the new team Management carry out a number of player assessments and weed out the wheat from the chaff.
No fresh investment from Marcus Evans then on 11:11 - Jun 18 with 1635 viewsTIB

I'm not one to call out Evans for not spending etc...but this story of Hurst needing to sell before investing surprises me, what with some big names being released/returning to their parent clubs and some deadwood also going. Maybe its in regards to signings that would require fees rather than out of contract options?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024