Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 16:30 - Jun 17 with 7210 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m on it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 20:58 - Jun 17 with 2037 viewsgtsb

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 20:52 - Jun 17 by jeera

That was the first sign but no unfortunately.

All joints. Elbows. Knees.

My left knee was almost half again in size and tender as feck.

Right hand swollen and difficult to use.

I'm still getting flare-ups but it mostly coming down atm so I am relatively, if not cautiously, pleased.

That's bad. I only get it in my left big toe and before allopurinol and drinking two litres of water a day it was absolute agony. You have my sympathies mate. Hope you get better
You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:01 - Jun 17 with 2029 viewsjeera

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 20:58 - Jun 17 by gtsb

That's bad. I only get it in my left big toe and before allopurinol and drinking two litres of water a day it was absolute agony. You have my sympathies mate. Hope you get better

The pain is quite something isn't it?

And not the kind I could ever explain either.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to use the word 'excruciating' would it?

Heh. I did laugh. In an insane kinda way. It was that or scream at times!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 21:04 - Jun 17 with 2023 views_

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 20:43 - Jun 17 by gtsb

Gout has made a return to the Western world big time......and it hurts. The weird thing is that foods that can promote health, mackerel for example, are really bad for Gout . Its not a disease of the rich anymore 😁
P.s...the biggest cause of Gout is dehydration.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 20:47]

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:07 - Jun 17 with 2014 viewsjeera

on 21:04 - Jun 17 by _

No.

And again.

No.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:09 - Jun 17 with 2009 viewsjeera

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 20:57 - Jun 17 by Mullet

Can young people get this affliction?

I once knew a teenage girl who was on crutches with it.

But I was too young to understand myself.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:11 - Jun 17 with 2007 viewsgtsb

No unfortunately. I don't know why it is so prominent now, maybe it was just diagnosed as arthritis in the past, but foods like fish, liver, and even certain vegetables tgat are high in purines are bad for Gout. Dehydration is a major factor though as your body can only get rid of uric acid through urine and uric acid is the cause of Gout.
on 21:13 - Jun 17 with 1998 views_

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:07 - Jun 17 by jeera

No.

And again.

No.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:14 - Jun 17 with 1996 viewsjeera

If you consider I drink water on and off all day, every day - always have.

(But yes, dehydration can cause a flare-up. It cannot cause gout itself).

I eat a decent diet. I will happily steam white fish, eat lots of rice, low in fatty content foods.

Normal stuff most of the time tbh - never processed anything as a rule.

Low cholesterol.

It just doesn't work like that. You are prone if you are prone.

Of course you can work out what may set off an attack. But you cannot 'give' yourself gout, nor cure yourself.

Edit: I'm going to edit this because I'm centralising too much around my own situation. Yes. A person can develop a gout attack. Someone who is not normally prone can have an attack, you're right. But that is controllable and, as you suggest, is usually triggered by dehydration. A close pal had an attack out of the blue the other week - been busy at work and not drank enough on a hot day. But this a 24/48 hour thing and not a long term issue. I am whinging because mine is a long damn term issue and despite supposedly being hereditary I am still yet to find the culprit in the family.

When I do, I am going to punch them very hard. If my hand isn't hurting too much.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 21:28]

Login to get fewer ads

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:18 - Jun 17 with 1991 viewsjeera

on 21:13 - Jun 17 by _

Iron rich green leafy veg is healthy, right?

Yep. Of course.

It's also bloody high in purines, which if you are prone can overload the kidneys and cause high levels of uric acid.

Those, in turn, develop crystals that deposit themselves around the body, typically in joints, and it's like someone turning a screw into your joints.

With little, to no exaggeration.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:34 - Jun 17 with 1975 viewsSuperblue95

Only on TWTD could a thread about Mexico winning the World Cup lead to a massive conversation about the causes of Gout

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:36 - Jun 17 with 1960 viewsjeera

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:34 - Jun 17 by Superblue95

Only on TWTD could a thread about Mexico winning the World Cup lead to a massive conversation about the causes of Gout

It's an obvious direction when you think about it.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 22:34 - Jun 17 with 1932 viewsjeera

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 21:34 - Jun 17 by Superblue95

Next up:

How the steam engine was invented...

and the possible connection with genital warts.

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 22:39 - Jun 17 with 1926 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 18:55 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

IMO, this is exactly the sort of post you shouldn't react to.

I wasn’t being as serious as it’s come across in hindsight

I do see your point

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 23:16 - Jun 17 with 1898 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

on 18:16 - Jun 17 by _

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 00:10 - Jun 18 with 1856 viewsJ2BLUE

on 18:16 - Jun 17 by _

It's considered bad form to tell people what you bet on after it happened unless you can link to proof. I know you won't care but just pointing it out. Considered aftertiming.

You'd be laughed off Betfair if you claimed you couldn't get your bet on then said you did after it won before claiming you were on another big price winner.

Just saying!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 07:12 - Jun 18 with 1796 views_

You all said I was mad when I said Mexico was the bet of the tournament at 150/1 on 00:10 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

It's considered bad form to tell people what you bet on after it happened unless you can link to proof. I know you won't care but just pointing it out. Considered aftertiming.

You'd be laughed off Betfair if you claimed you couldn't get your bet on then said you did after it won before claiming you were on another big price winner.

Just saying!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024