Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently 18:38 - Jun 17 with 7791 viewsMullet

Definitely didn't think they'd get that much for him. Will put any of our sales into sharp contrast this summer.

Can only assume it's £25m weighted down with several incentives and clauses, but either way to get that much for him is as impressive as it is frustrating. Leaves them balancing the books rather than in trouble until next summer.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 21:39 - Jun 17 with 2470 viewsFreddy

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:40 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Few clubs pay on what a player has already achieved. It was something we did for far too long.

It is far more sensible to pay based on what they are likely to do in the future.

What does surprise me is that the serious injury Maddison received appears not to have affected the quoted fee. That would suggest a far higher proportion is conditional than suggested. That would not suit a club desperate for cash unless they are confident of covering the deficit from other sales or know they can't do any better.

Not sure his injury was that serious though as pretty sure I read he didnt need an op and would be fit for pre season.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 22:03 - Jun 17 with 2439 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:40 - Jun 17 by Luk38644

£25m after installments apparently, so at a guess, they'll receive around half up front or possibly even less. The sales of Murphy and Maddison have filled the whole and then some but they still have to replace them effectively and improve the squad, something I think Farke can't do.

We'll see, but we all know to well how a bit of money doesn't change everything.

The ‘hole’ is £20m+, so unless they cut wages/costs they will need to sell a Maddison every season
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 22:05 - Jun 17 with 2434 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 21:39 - Jun 17 by Freddy

Not sure his injury was that serious though as pretty sure I read he didnt need an op and would be fit for pre season.

Fair enough. I would imagine anything that did would prevent him passing a medical and delay any possible transfer until insurers at least could be satisfied.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 22:05 - Jun 17 with 2435 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:14 - Jun 17 by jas0999

Summer spending will be up this year. Rotherham spending seven figures. Interesting to see if Evans reacts. Needs to.

Rotherham spending £1m on someone we spent £20k on though. I’d say we were still right to sell
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 11:44 - Jun 18 with 2253 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:54 - Jun 17 by BackToRussia

Definitely hold on to AD. We're not in a position where we have to sell. But it could be that history ends up repeating itself a bit and like selling Dyer, we use the funds for a promotion push.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:57]

Obviously it would be good to use the funds for a promotion push but do you really believe that would happen under Evans? We had had the significant amount following Mings' sale and it wasn't used to bolster our chances. The club would offer contracts to Coke and Toure LMAO.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 12:11 - Jun 18 with 2216 viewsBecclesITFC

They wont replace him though.

They are now WORSE than us on paper IMO.

Everything they did went through Maddison.

They will need to spend some money and not just balance the books, if they are going to compete with top 6.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 12:45]
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 12:35 - Jun 18 with 2181 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:34 - Jun 17 by m14_blue

Where's he off to?

Leicester.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 13:52 - Jun 18 with 2111 viewsITFCBlues

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 22:03 - Jun 17 by ElderGrizzly

The ‘hole’ is £20m+, so unless they cut wages/costs they will need to sell a Maddison every season

I don’t think that’s the case at all. The hole this summer is 20m.

Next summer they’ll have a lot of players like Naismith, Klose, McGovern, Jarvis & 1 or 2 others who are still earning PL money off of their wage bill and they’ll probably have a budget similar to ours.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 11:24 - Jun 24 with 1929 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 13:52 - Jun 18 by ITFCBlues

I don’t think that’s the case at all. The hole this summer is 20m.

Next summer they’ll have a lot of players like Naismith, Klose, McGovern, Jarvis & 1 or 2 others who are still earning PL money off of their wage bill and they’ll probably have a budget similar to ours.

They will have a budget similar to ours, and it will similarly decline if they get stuck in this league for a few years, most likely at a faster rate than ours will as we must be down to our hardcore fan base by now.

When they drop down to about 15-16k fans, and have no-one sticking in £5m a year then they'll be tiny at this level - hopefully it happens soon!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 10:34 - Jun 25 with 1819 viewsWeird_Beard

Any accountants here? I think not. Its clear none of you understand the difference between debt and an income reduction.

Let me explain. Norwich are facing a reported £20-£30m cash shortage this year due to parachute payments disappearing. This is the same for every club that gets relegated from the PL - unless of course they gain instant promotion back to the PL the following season. Norwich didn't manage that therefore they are now adjusting some of their operating costs (via player wages and player sales) to suit the expected cash shortfall going forward. As much as we like to gloat and speculate on their demise, cutting your cloth to suit is the sensible thing to do i.e. spend only what you can afford. As long as they are able to do this (and the recent sales of Madison and Murphy indicate they have) I'm afraid fellow Town fans there isn't any chance of Norwich being in debt any time soon. Debt is a much more serious issue of course, as this is money usually owed to an outside party that has been borrowed i.e. like our £85m debt to our beloved owner.

Sorry to preach but, all this incorrect speculation around the finances of Norwich is incorrect and is making us look like morons.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 10:42 - Jun 25 with 1807 viewsfarkenhell

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 10:34 - Jun 25 by Weird_Beard

Any accountants here? I think not. Its clear none of you understand the difference between debt and an income reduction.

Let me explain. Norwich are facing a reported £20-£30m cash shortage this year due to parachute payments disappearing. This is the same for every club that gets relegated from the PL - unless of course they gain instant promotion back to the PL the following season. Norwich didn't manage that therefore they are now adjusting some of their operating costs (via player wages and player sales) to suit the expected cash shortfall going forward. As much as we like to gloat and speculate on their demise, cutting your cloth to suit is the sensible thing to do i.e. spend only what you can afford. As long as they are able to do this (and the recent sales of Madison and Murphy indicate they have) I'm afraid fellow Town fans there isn't any chance of Norwich being in debt any time soon. Debt is a much more serious issue of course, as this is money usually owed to an outside party that has been borrowed i.e. like our £85m debt to our beloved owner.

Sorry to preach but, all this incorrect speculation around the finances of Norwich is incorrect and is making us look like morons.

You're not preaching. You are, of course, being incredibly condescending.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 1796 viewsWeird_Beard

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 11:24 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

They will have a budget similar to ours, and it will similarly decline if they get stuck in this league for a few years, most likely at a faster rate than ours will as we must be down to our hardcore fan base by now.

When they drop down to about 15-16k fans, and have no-one sticking in £5m a year then they'll be tiny at this level - hopefully it happens soon!

Its not going to happen though is it?

Didn't they maintain 20k season ticket holders in League 1? They averaged a 25k attendance last season and there's little indication that that will change. And from what I know most Norwich supporters (I work with three) are behind Farke et al and their plans, and view the sale of Madison and Murphy as good business.

Lets deal with FACTS and keep things sensible.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 11:24 - Jun 25 with 1763 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 10:49 - Jun 25 by Weird_Beard

Its not going to happen though is it?

Didn't they maintain 20k season ticket holders in League 1? They averaged a 25k attendance last season and there's little indication that that will change. And from what I know most Norwich supporters (I work with three) are behind Farke et al and their plans, and view the sale of Madison and Murphy as good business.

Lets deal with FACTS and keep things sensible.

This ‘they’ and ‘we’ thing is very strange. It’s so clear you are a budgie - I can understand why that is embarrassing to admit but just embrace it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024