Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently 18:38 - Jun 17 with 7805 viewsMullet

Definitely didn't think they'd get that much for him. Will put any of our sales into sharp contrast this summer.

Can only assume it's £25m weighted down with several incentives and clauses, but either way to get that much for him is as impressive as it is frustrating. Leaves them balancing the books rather than in trouble until next summer.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:39 - Jun 17 with 5318 viewsBackToRussia

They probably thought the same when we sold Wickham for £10m. It's just the market as it is currently. Who knows what someone like Dozzell will be worth in a few years.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:40 - Jun 17 with 5303 viewsLuk38644

£25m after installments apparently, so at a guess, they'll receive around half up front or possibly even less. The sales of Murphy and Maddison have filled the whole and then some but they still have to replace them effectively and improve the squad, something I think Farke can't do.

We'll see, but we all know to well how a bit of money doesn't change everything.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:40 - Jun 17 with 5297 viewsclive_baker

Certainly does, but selling your best 2 assets to just cover a year of losses is a pretty dire situation.

Loyalties aside he’s a class player, I’ll be glad to see him gone. We’ll do them next season. Maximum confidence.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:41 - Jun 17 with 5287 viewsKieran_Knows

Just goes to show, that if you can invest wisely, you can reap the rewards a few years down the line (although appreciate Norwich did have to lay out £3m in the first place for him).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:42 - Jun 17 with 5291 viewsMullet

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:39 - Jun 17 by BackToRussia

They probably thought the same when we sold Wickham for £10m. It's just the market as it is currently. Who knows what someone like Dozzell will be worth in a few years.

I thought anything north of £15m was ambitious given what he's done, so if this deal transpires it shows either the clubs involved didn't want to be guzzumped, he has some FM style release clause, or most likely Norwich didn't blink until their debt was met and had enough clubs bidding to meet it.

Dozzell has the potential to eclipse that by a frightening amount if he bounces back this season. Yet, I'd still rather keep him as long as possible.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:44 - Jun 17 with 5249 viewsMullet

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:40 - Jun 17 by Luk38644

£25m after installments apparently, so at a guess, they'll receive around half up front or possibly even less. The sales of Murphy and Maddison have filled the whole and then some but they still have to replace them effectively and improve the squad, something I think Farke can't do.

We'll see, but we all know to well how a bit of money doesn't change everything.

Would have thought it'll be half over instalments regardless given all deals seem to run the length of contracts (weren't Villa being chased by clubs for cash from players they've subsequently sold???).

Hopefully he'll have to captain England to back to back WC victories for them to get that cash and they'll be reaching for the matches sooner instead.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:48 - Jun 17 with 5203 viewsLuk38644

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:44 - Jun 17 by Mullet

Would have thought it'll be half over instalments regardless given all deals seem to run the length of contracts (weren't Villa being chased by clubs for cash from players they've subsequently sold???).

Hopefully he'll have to captain England to back to back WC victories for them to get that cash and they'll be reaching for the matches sooner instead.

The first thing I thought when I saw they've got £25mil for him is 'how much is Waggy worth?' considering he had a better season.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:50 - Jun 17 with 5186 viewsAce_High1

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:48 - Jun 17 by Luk38644

The first thing I thought when I saw they've got £25mil for him is 'how much is Waggy worth?' considering he had a better season.

You can't be serious?

Waghorn - £2.5m tops!
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:50 - Jun 17 with 5179 viewsMullet

Age etc probably puts a ceiling on him but you'd think if someone gets desperate and clubs like Brizzle can chuck around £15m who knows? £10m? Is Bart/Knudsen now approaching even more this summer than we anticipated?

Going to be very tempting for Hurst if his current budget of buttons and a Portman Pie isn't enough for him.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:51 - Jun 17 with 5174 viewsSuperfrans

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:42 - Jun 17 by Mullet

I thought anything north of £15m was ambitious given what he's done, so if this deal transpires it shows either the clubs involved didn't want to be guzzumped, he has some FM style release clause, or most likely Norwich didn't blink until their debt was met and had enough clubs bidding to meet it.

Dozzell has the potential to eclipse that by a frightening amount if he bounces back this season. Yet, I'd still rather keep him as long as possible.

This kind of talk about Andre fills me with dread to be honest. He’s played in only 9 first team matches, he’s just turned 19 and has been out for a year with a terrible, potentially career damaging injury.

Any talk of him even making more than a dozen performances this season should remain on the back burner until we’ve seen him play again. None of us know how his injury will have affected him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:51 - Jun 17 with 5165 viewsKieran_Knows

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:54 - Jun 17 with 5146 viewsBackToRussia

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:42 - Jun 17 by Mullet

Definitely hold on to AD. We're not in a position where we have to sell. But it could be that history ends up repeating itself a bit and like selling Dyer, we use the funds for a promotion push.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:57]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:54 - Jun 17 with 5143 viewsLuk38644

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:50 - Jun 17 by Ace_High1

You can't be serious?

Waghorn - £2.5m tops!

I'm suggesting a few million not £30mil obviously.

Does show how mental the English market is though.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:57 - Jun 17 with 5105 viewsFreddy

3m maybe ?
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 19:20 - Jun 17 with 4996 viewsitfcjoe

Wouldn’t surprise me if £20m is straight cash even if in instalments. Think he’s worth that.

Realistically though, they are losing Gunn and Maddison who were two shining lights of last season and they will be replaced with inferior players - Murphy may have been one that could fill Maddison’s boots but he’s gone too.

With regards to Waggy, the comparison is surely Madine who is same age, and went for £6m despite having a host of off field issues. Wag could easily be worth closer to £10m than £5m which is mad.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 19:35 - Jun 17 with 4886 viewsBLUEBEAT

Perhaps they should’ve kept Hoolahan for another season

Poll: W or W

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 19:57 - Jun 17 with 4734 viewsWickets

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:51 - Jun 17 by Superfrans

This kind of talk about Andre fills me with dread to be honest. He’s played in only 9 first team matches, he’s just turned 19 and has been out for a year with a terrible, potentially career damaging injury.

Any talk of him even making more than a dozen performances this season should remain on the back burner until we’ve seen him play again. None of us know how his injury will have affected him.

Stop talking sense, this is a football forum !
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:02 - Jun 17 with 4694 viewsMullet

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:51 - Jun 17 by Superfrans

Same, although I think "these days" that injury is far more treatable than 10-20 years agi when it did end careers.

From all he's done and what he has shown, he could be the most talented we've had in the modern era. Scarily good in fact.

One note of caution is that once they leave Ipswich prodigies do seem cursed. From a selfish point of view, I would be massively comforted if he smashed all transfer records because Evans' does as he does.

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:14 - Jun 17 with 4626 viewsjas0999

Summer spending will be up this year. Rotherham spending seven figures. Interesting to see if Evans reacts. Needs to.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:20 - Jun 17 with 4579 viewsSuperfrans

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:02 - Jun 17 by Mullet

Same, although I think "these days" that injury is far more treatable than 10-20 years agi when it did end careers.

From all he's done and what he has shown, he could be the most talented we've had in the modern era. Scarily good in fact.

One note of caution is that once they leave Ipswich prodigies do seem cursed. From a selfish point of view, I would be massively comforted if he smashed all transfer records because Evans' does as he does.

He could be. But I’d rather wait to see him get back fit and have a solid season playing football before getting too excited.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:24 - Jun 17 with 4551 viewsgtsb

They have to give £3M to Coventry.
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:25 - Jun 17 with 4551 viewsbournemouthblue

That's basically like another season of parachute payments

Hopefully they replace him with players the calibre of Olivera

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:30 - Jun 17 with 4508 viewsstrikalite

Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 18:41 - Jun 17 by Kieran_Knows

Just goes to show, that if you can invest wisely, you can reap the rewards a few years down the line (although appreciate Norwich did have to lay out £3m in the first place for him).

Yep £3m-£4m will get you a young talented League One player, but even they'll be in demand knowing if he shines at our level you could see a very healthy return on that, you're not going to get anything of real quality for less than that now...
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:34 - Jun 17 with 4477 viewsm14_blue

Where's he off to?
Norwich have agreed £25m for Maddison apparently on 20:40 - Jun 17 with 4432 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Few clubs pay on what a player has already achieved. It was something we did for far too long.

It is far more sensible to pay based on what they are likely to do in the future.

What does surprise me is that the serious injury Maddison received appears not to have affected the quoted fee. That would suggest a far higher proportion is conditional than suggested. That would not suit a club desperate for cash unless they are confident of covering the deficit from other sales or know they can't do any better.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024