Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages 19:26 - Jun 17 with 9125 viewsMullet

*Contains swearing and the views of morons*

For the record I've heard nothing from either lady that particularly offends. In the case of Scott, she's outshone most of them IMO.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 22:22 - Jun 17 with 4016 viewsflimflam

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 21:06 - Jun 17 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, really enjoyed Isa on the cricket this year.

She really knows her stuff and speaks well.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 22:28 - Jun 17 with 4014 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 20:10 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

Scott has been the best pundit on the BBC side.

Why do you prefer male pundits? It's not like the women play football with different rules.

Yes but no woman understand the offside rule …

Only kidding in case that needs pointing out.

And, actually, plenty of the male pundits frequently make me wonder if they actually understand the rules … which is why Sky bringing Dermot Gallagher into punditry was an inspired move.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 22:31 - Jun 17 with 4009 viewsSwansea_Blue

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 22:21 - Jun 17 by factual_blue

They'll be happy once they've taken back control.

⚽️ 🎱 🎾

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 22:54 - Jun 17 with 3995 viewsSuperTommySmith

Glad kids will grow up with it and further down the line we will have moved over from the old boys crowd view of NO WOMAN TALK BOUT MY SPORT.
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 00:14 - Jun 18 with 3968 viewsmonytowbray

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 19:34 - Jun 17 by gtsb

Forget colour, I don't care if someone is black, white or green with pink spots, but I can't take women football pundits as serious as the men.

My Mum got me into Football, she’s one of the most loyal Town fans I know.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 06:27 - Jun 18 with 3921 viewsBenters2

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 19:34 - Jun 17 by gtsb

Forget colour, I don't care if someone is black, white or green with pink spots, but I can't take women football pundits as serious as the men.

Lolz i agree,they should be at home making cakes and cleaning the house!
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 07:46 - Jun 18 with 3877 viewshoppy

I read the post title and thought this was going to be a comment about the continued use of ‘Thread View’...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:11 - Jun 18 with 3842 viewsconnorscontract

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 21:06 - Jun 17 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, really enjoyed Isa on the cricket this year.

And Ebony Rainford-Brent on TMS. She's very good and particularly along with Tuffnell has been a key part of the adaptation of TMS. I much prefer her to Alison Mitchell, but then I much prefer Agnew to Dagnall.

The other thing to remember about Scott in particular is that this is her first World Cup Panel and that she has only been broadcasting for a couple of years: think how long it takes male pundits to move on from leaden clichés and clunking banter.

Scott over Robbie "I'm so controversial, me" Savage or Alan "Don't you know who I am" Shearer and their like any day of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:40 - Jun 18 with 3832 viewsKieran_Knows

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 19:49 - Jun 17 by Superfrans

Utter morons. Small men trying to defend their traditional patch.

Haven’t seen much of Aluko, but Alex Scott was excellent yesterday. Have to say Bilic and Gary Neville are so much better than Shearer etc on BBC it’s embarrassing.

Found this quite funny from Bilic last night.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:56 - Jun 18 with 3813 viewsBenters2

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 00:14 - Jun 18 by monytowbray

My Mum got me into Football, she’s one of the most loyal Town fans I know.

Thought she might be
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:59 - Jun 18 with 3809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:40 - Jun 18 by Kieran_Knows

Brilliant. And he's got a point. Let's talk about the wonderful football.

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:00 - Jun 18 with 3790 viewsfarkenhell

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:40 - Jun 18 by Kieran_Knows

Was a brilliant moment. Even Keane smiled!
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 3779 viewsclive_baker

Race and gender aside, I can't say I find her analysis particularly insightful, but then I rarely do from any of her male counterparts either. She's firmly on a par with any of them, and has every right to be employed in that capacity. It's a shame it's still a 'thing' to be offended that a female dare to be involved in mens football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:15 - Jun 18 with 3770 viewsKieran_Knows

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:00 - Jun 18 by farkenhell

Was a brilliant moment. Even Keane smiled!

Doesn't happen very often!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:51 - Jun 18 with 3746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 11:13 - Jun 18 by clive_baker

Race and gender aside, I can't say I find her analysis particularly insightful, but then I rarely do from any of her male counterparts either. She's firmly on a par with any of them, and has every right to be employed in that capacity. It's a shame it's still a 'thing' to be offended that a female dare to be involved in mens football.

Quite. There are some very talented and experienced women in the game. Jayne Ludlow, the Welsh Woman's manager, is well regarded within the sport. Viera has done some coaching work with her and spoke very highly. Sian Massey is a consistently good lino - one of the better ones I've seen at the top level imo. Sounds like Scott excelled as a pundit (didn't see it). Etc, etc.

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 12:07 - Jun 18 with 3735 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Both of them are just as good or better than their male counterparts, so I would have to agree that, in this instance, the pc brigade nonsense is either racism, sexism, or both.

I would slam either of them though... which probably is a bit sexist
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 13:08 - Jun 18 with 3697 viewsTJS

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 19:42 - Jun 17 by ronnyd

I know it,s not PC but i just can,t find any real interest in womens football

The biggest problem with women's football is that WOMEN are not interested in it - a bit like women's tennis.
Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 13:55 - Jun 18 with 3670 viewsJ2BLUE

ITV up the ante with a female presenter.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 16:03 - Jun 18 with 3625 viewsmonytowbray

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 09:56 - Jun 18 by Benters2

Thought she might be

Literally no idea what this means.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 16:13 - Jun 18 with 3612 viewsjaykay

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 20:02 - Jun 17 by Funge

What is the point of Lawrenson.

see its what some people dont understand, like at work you must have a idiot. that way you will always be looked at, as good at your job.
so in other words he is there to make others look good

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 16:24 - Jun 18 with 3595 viewshype313

Views like this is why football is often accused of being in the dark ages on 06:27 - Jun 18 by Benters2

Lolz i agree,they should be at home making cakes and cleaning the house!

I read that in the voice of Micheal from Partidge, egging on Alan.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024