Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? 10:59 - Jun 18 with 1831 viewsclive_baker

Panama are pony, we'll turn those over. So if we can get the win tonight, the Belgium game will become a bit of a dead rubber which would be fine by me. Rest a few legs for a big last 16 match against Columbia.

IT'S COMING HOME, IT'S COMING.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:03 - Jun 18 with 1815 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah I think I agree.

Tough one tonight, Tunisia are in decent form & I’ve seen a fair few people say they’re the best of the African sides at the tournament.

These North African sides are technically decent but they don’t have the physical & mental qualities of other sides, demonstrated by the fact that both Egypt & Morocco have conceded late goals.

I’m quietly confident we’ll do well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:10 - Jun 18 with 1794 viewsclive_baker

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:03 - Jun 18 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I think I agree.

Tough one tonight, Tunisia are in decent form & I’ve seen a fair few people say they’re the best of the African sides at the tournament.

These North African sides are technically decent but they don’t have the physical & mental qualities of other sides, demonstrated by the fact that both Egypt & Morocco have conceded late goals.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about Tunisia, that's why I think it would be a hooge win if we beat them. We'll have a fair amount of possession, just depends on our ability to break them down and be clinical in the final 3rd, which has been a downfall of late.

If we win today then I will firmly believe that we can progress to the last 8.

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:14 - Jun 18 with 1787 viewsReuser_is_God

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:10 - Jun 18 by clive_baker

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about Tunisia, that's why I think it would be a hooge win if we beat them. We'll have a fair amount of possession, just depends on our ability to break them down and be clinical in the final 3rd, which has been a downfall of late.

Yeah it’ll be tough but we’ve got enough about us.

Wing backs will be crucial tonight. Really like the inclusion of Young, his delivery is superb & much more consistent than Rose in that department.

Evans out

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:28 - Jun 18 with 1764 viewsWallingford_Boy

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:10 - Jun 18 by clive_baker

I think quite the opposite, we've been breaking down sides with ease of late with our fast-breaking, aggressive play.

Just that final ball at times (Sterling) that is sometimes missing.

RIP Sir Bobby

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:31 - Jun 18 with 1755 viewsBent_double

Trouble is, we don't usually win the first game in a tournament. Nervy 1-1 draw for me.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:39 - Jun 18 with 1733 viewsGogs

Massively jumping the gun here, but if Germany don’t win their group, as is now a distinct possibility, and England finish second in their group, it looks by far the easiest quarter of the draw in the knockout stages: likely Colombia or Poland last 16; QF v Mexico/Switzerland/Serbia. I’ve got very low expectations of England, a good start tonight is imperative I feel, but things just could turn out nicely with a bit of luck.
Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:55 - Jun 18 with 1707 viewsgosblue

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:14 - Jun 18 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah it’ll be tough but we’ve got enough about us.

Wing backs will be crucial tonight. Really like the inclusion of Young, his delivery is superb & much more consistent than Rose in that department.

I’m a bit nervous about this one. It’s been said before and Germany will be thinking it - it is very important not to lose your first game. We’ve got plenty going forward but I’m yet to be convinced about our defensive capabilities. If we win this one it could be the start of something big but a draw would not be the worst result.
Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 12:02 - Jun 18 with 1685 viewsBecclesITFC

Yes.

I have a funny feeling we will draw against these and beat Belgium.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 12:33 - Jun 18 with 1623 viewsclive_baker

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:28 - Jun 18 by Wallingford_Boy

I think quite the opposite, we've been breaking down sides with ease of late with our fast-breaking, aggressive play.

Just that final ball at times (Sterling) that is sometimes missing.

It's how we can turn that dominance into goals and put games to bed. That Nigeria friendly we should've been 4 or 5 up at half time, genuinely. We go in 2-0 up, they score 5 minutes into the 2nd half and it became a very different game. We've scored 8 in our last 6 games, 7 in 5 under Southgate.

Like you say, we're creating a fair amount which is great, I would like to see us be more clinical though.

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 13:51 - Jun 18 with 1521 viewsVaughan8

Belgium game will be a dead rubber? I don't think so. Would you rather finish 2nd and play the winner of Group H?

Surely want to maintain the winning run as well.

I have a feeling tonight will be cagey. Hopefully an early goal so they and we can relax a bit!
Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 13:53 - Jun 18 with 1510 viewsCurrie10

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:39 - Jun 18 by Gogs

Massively jumping the gun here, but if Germany don’t win their group, as is now a distinct possibility, and England finish second in their group, it looks by far the easiest quarter of the draw in the knockout stages: likely Colombia or Poland last 16; QF v Mexico/Switzerland/Serbia. I’ve got very low expectations of England, a good start tonight is imperative I feel, but things just could turn out nicely with a bit of luck.

Colombia are the ones to avoid, they'd turn us over no problem.
Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 22:50 - Jun 18 with 1384 viewsReuser_is_God

Biggest England game of the group stage tonight Shirley? on 11:03 - Jun 18 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I think I agree.

Late goal.....

Told you so.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024