Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female pundits - what’s your view 18:31 - Jun 18 with 2693 viewsPopeye

Formula one and cricket have female presenters/commentators/pundits and now we have them in the World Cup. Personally I found it strange at first but tbh having heard Eni Aluko on talksport this afternoon giving her opinions on a match I have to say I am impressed with her, I would say she is female equivalent of Gary Neville in terms of her punditry. It makes a refreshing change to the usual idiots like shearer, Keane eat al giving their opinionated views on matches and players.
Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:32 - Jun 18 with 2677 viewsGlasgowBlue

Refreshing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:32 - Jun 18 with 2679 viewsPlums

I’m astonished that this is even a debate.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:35 - Jun 18 with 2673 viewsSwansea_Blue

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:32 - Jun 18 by Plums

I’m astonished that this is even a debate.

Exactly. How can men even contemplate letting them leave the kitchen!?

There's another post on this somewhere near the top of the board with a whole variety of views. In short, it's hard to see how they could be a worse bet than some of the male pundits! Good to see imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:43 - Jun 18 with 2653 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd rather know why you think having a penis helps with football analysis.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:56 - Jun 18 with 2610 viewsgmanrom

Durham tried to batter her down at one point and she was having none of it lol

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 18:59 - Jun 18 with 2599 viewsDyland

Female pundits - what’s your view on 18:43 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

I'd rather know why you think having a penis helps with football analysis.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Female pundits - what’s your view on 19:16 - Jun 18 with 2564 viewsSE1blue

Alex Scott is very good and easy on the eye too.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 18 with 2555 viewsJ2BLUE

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 18:59 - Jun 18 by Dyland

He said he found it strange. Aluko played for England over 100 times.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not having a go at him. Just find it a bit odd. In fairness, it might be because I enjoyed watching the England women's team so know a little more about some of the players. A proper bandwagon jumper and I didn't even ask 12th_Man's permission

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

heh on 19:24 - Jun 18 with 2548 viewsDyland

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

Don't get me wrong, i'm not having a go at him. Just find it a bit odd. In fairness, it might be because I enjoyed watching the England women's team so know a little more about some of the players. A proper bandwagon jumper and I didn't even ask 12th_Man's permission

Giving him the benefit of the doubt I think he just meant cos it's new. And it's a good thing. Cos they're actually better than some of the most experienced (and famous) pundits we have, i.e. Shearer, Keane, Lawrenson. That's how I read it anyway.

Drogba was fooking awful.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 19:25 - Jun 18 with 2543 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair to the OP he's saying he likes it (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

Bollox. You just wanted to say 'penis'. And it's a little strange you can get away with it when ar5e and t1ts aren't allowed. Must show Gav's preferences or something .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

heh on 19:28 - Jun 18 with 2534 viewsJ2BLUE

heh on 19:24 - Jun 18 by Dyland

Giving him the benefit of the doubt I think he just meant cos it's new. And it's a good thing. Cos they're actually better than some of the most experienced (and famous) pundits we have, i.e. Shearer, Keane, Lawrenson. That's how I read it anyway.

Drogba was fooking awful.

Agreed. They showed a video clip then asked Drogba a question. He replied almost word for word what was said in the video.

Truly impaired.

Female pundits - what’s your view on 20:54 - Jun 18 with 2406 viewsnc41

surely if the likes of Alex Scott shouldn't be commenting on football then neither should 99% of TWTD'ers, or most other armchair fans come to that.
Female pundits - what’s your view on 21:36 - Jun 18 with 2348 viewsbournemouthblue

I have no problem with it, they are far more qualified than most of us to pass comment

Cricket is an interesting one, given it is non contact. I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd woman playing proffesional mens cricket at some point

Sarah Taylor for example is certainly good enough with the gloves to do it IMHO

I'm sure it will happen at some point
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:37]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Female pundits - what’s your view on 22:00 - Jun 18 with 2275 viewsEdwardF

They are pundits their gender is irrelevant
#It's2018

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Female pundits - what’s your view on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 2238 viewsRadlett_blue

Female pundits - what’s your view on 21:36 - Jun 18 by bournemouthblue

I have no problem with it, they are far more qualified than most of us to pass comment

Cricket is an interesting one, given it is non contact. I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd woman playing proffesional mens cricket at some point

Sarah Taylor for example is certainly good enough with the gloves to do it IMHO

I'm sure it will happen at some point
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:37]

Even a very talented female cricketer like Sarah Taylor is good club men's standard at best. Male cricketers are bigger & stronger (which doesn't rule out an exceptional female player as Sachin Tendulkar was no heavyweight) but there is a much larger pool of male players which pretty much ensures that male cricket will be of a way higher standard.
No reason why a knowledgeable female shouldn't be an equally competent pundit, but women don't stack up well as commentators as their voice pitch is much higher, which many find irritating.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024