Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we fooking deserve that 20:51 - Jun 18 with 3912 viewsDyland

Not from our amazing attacking (look a bit sluggish at final ball) but from sh1te ref decisions and tedious gamesmanship by the opposition.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:20 - Jun 18 with 1329 viewsDarth_Koont

Definitely deserved.

Even as a Scot (spits on the floor and apologises to all his dead relatives).

Pronouns: He/Him

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:21 - Jun 18 with 1321 viewsjeera

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:19 - Jun 18 by christiand

They had no intention to attack in that second half they were holding on for the point through gamesmanship and time wasting - it certainly wasn’t through good play. It was quite embarrassing to watch.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:20]

Agree with you there.

Their whole game plan was to frustrate, nick a cynical goal, and then defend like feck.

I don't like them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:34 - Jun 18 with 1295 viewsm14_blue

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:19 - Jun 18 by christiand

They had no intention to attack in that second half they were holding on for the point through gamesmanship and time wasting - it certainly wasn’t through good play. It was quite embarrassing to watch.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:20]

I particularly enjoyed their player rolling around and actually causing the game to be stopped after the ball hit him in the side.

I don't care if we're 1-0 up against Germany in the final, I never want to see an England team play like that.
I think we fooking deserve that on 21:38 - Jun 18 with 1284 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:20 - Jun 18 by Darth_Koont

Definitely deserved.

Even as a Scot (spits on the floor and apologises to all his dead relatives).

Shouldn,t you be on McTWTD?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:40 - Jun 18 with 1274 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:38 - Jun 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

Shouldn,t you be on McTWTD?

WarkTV?

Sign me up.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think we fooking deserve that on 00:29 - Jun 19 with 1212 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:34 - Jun 18 by m14_blue

I particularly enjoyed their player rolling around and actually causing the game to be stopped after the ball hit him in the side.

I don't care if we're 1-0 up against Germany in the final, I never want to see an England team play like that.

And the ref stopped the game for that, just shocking
I think we fooking deserve that on 00:52 - Jun 19 with 1202 viewsHennikerBlu

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:59 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

Yes, although Tunisia controlled most of that second half. Couldn't tell if they changed formation but they were very solid.

England lost confidence as the game went on, hopefully the goal will bring some of that back. Getting a win was the part.

Tripier my Man of the Match, with Loftus-Chiek making the difference late on.

I think their confidence took a jolt with that pen, especially after the early dominance and England really don't do the level of play acting of 'some' of the players at this tournament or should that be sides.

I have watched almost every game and most sides are organised and if they haven't got the quality they are able to suck the energy out of attacking sides. Belgium today scored three crackers, but overall it was an awful game and they tended to wander around at walking pace. The Brazil game was similar to the England game today amazing energy to start off with and then the Swiss just kept a great shape and Brazil faded and they have a pretty amazing squad.

Most WC start a bit like this as a draw for the smaller footballing nations gives them a chance, VAR has meant we have not had a single 0-0 so far or is that so Var. Once in the knockout stages it obviously gets more interesting.
I think we fooking deserve that on 01:21 - Jun 19 with 1178 viewsbaz75

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:56 - Jun 18 by jas0999

Agree we deserved to win. Penalty against us right imo, but equally we were on wrong end of other decisions.

Good win.

I’m surprised by how many people and pundits saw that as a penalty! Guy seemed to run in to Walker, he was no way gonna get to the ball and I don’t think Walker deliberately impeded him or threw out an arm at him.

England were ok today, they are gonna have to be better defensively and not be so wasteful on front of goal, but they won their first game and as long as they beat a poor Panama side they should get through to the knockout stages.

Not sure what the point of VAR is at the moment, if it is supposed to pick up on things that the ref has missed it failed on Switzerland’s goal and on the foul on Kane tonight
Login to get fewer ads

I think we fooking deserve that on 06:42 - Jun 19 with 1125 viewschristiand

I think we fooking deserve that on 01:21 - Jun 19 by baz75

I’m surprised by how many people and pundits saw that as a penalty! Guy seemed to run in to Walker, he was no way gonna get to the ball and I don’t think Walker deliberately impeded him or threw out an arm at him.

England were ok today, they are gonna have to be better defensively and not be so wasteful on front of goal, but they won their first game and as long as they beat a poor Panama side they should get through to the knockout stages.

Not sure what the point of VAR is at the moment, if it is supposed to pick up on things that the ref has missed it failed on Switzerland’s goal and on the foul on Kane tonight

On the whole, VAR has proved successful but still appears to have some teething problems. Once these are ironed out VAR will be for the benefit of the game.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think we fooking deserve that on 09:32 - Jun 19 with 1087 viewsDyland

I think we fooking deserve that on 00:52 - Jun 19 by HennikerBlu

I think their confidence took a jolt with that pen, especially after the early dominance and England really don't do the level of play acting of 'some' of the players at this tournament or should that be sides.

I have watched almost every game and most sides are organised and if they haven't got the quality they are able to suck the energy out of attacking sides. Belgium today scored three crackers, but overall it was an awful game and they tended to wander around at walking pace. The Brazil game was similar to the England game today amazing energy to start off with and then the Swiss just kept a great shape and Brazil faded and they have a pretty amazing squad.

Most WC start a bit like this as a draw for the smaller footballing nations gives them a chance, VAR has meant we have not had a single 0-0 so far or is that so Var. Once in the knockout stages it obviously gets more interesting.

Agree with that. Not just confidence though, they looked like they were wading in mud towards the end compared to the Tunisians. Maybe simply because of the heat and they'd generally covered more ground. Which makes the last minute winner all the sweeter cos if Tunisia had put more thought into attacking instead of time wasting gamesmanship they could have dealt us a sucker punch, or at least tried.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024