Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we fooking deserve that 20:51 - Jun 18 with 3913 viewsDyland

Not from our amazing attacking (look a bit sluggish at final ball) but from sh1te ref decisions and tedious gamesmanship by the opposition.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:53 - Jun 18 with 2557 viewsjeera

Exactly. And a smack in the face to them for their negative tactics.

They don't deserve to be there. I hate cheats.

Back on track then hopefully.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:53 - Jun 18 with 2557 viewsSwansea_Blue

And another set piece. All 3 from set pieces this game. Seems like 3/4 of the goals from the tournament so far have been from set pieces. More than I remember from other WCs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:55 - Jun 18 with 2529 viewsSuperblue95

Justice was well and truly served

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:55 - Jun 18 with 2527 viewsBent_double

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:53 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

And another set piece. All 3 from set pieces this game. Seems like 3/4 of the goals from the tournament so far have been from set pieces. More than I remember from other WCs.

Certainly seems to be more pens and freekicks in the opening few games.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:55 - Jun 18 with 2516 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Absolutely 100%. They didn,t have a shot in 2nd half & a piss poor ref didn,t help, but well done England.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:56 - Jun 18 with 2506 viewsjas0999

Agree we deserved to win. Penalty against us right imo, but equally we were on wrong end of other decisions.

Good win.
I think we fooking deserve that on 20:56 - Jun 18 with 2505 viewsm14_blue

They were one of the most cynical sides I've seen in a long time.

Absolutely hounded the ref after even the most blatant decisions and he let them get away with it.
Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 20:57 - Jun 18 with 2497 viewsDyland

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:56 - Jun 18 by m14_blue

Absolutely hounded the ref after even the most blatant decisions and he let them get away with it.

Login to get fewer ads

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:58 - Jun 18 with 2491 viewschristiand

What happened in the second half? Just a different performance so laboured which Southgate needs to address. England deserved it, Tunisia didn’t even attack in the second half. We deserved the win, Tunisia deserved nowt which they got!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:59 - Jun 18 with 2481 viewsDanTheMan

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:56 - Jun 18 by m14_blue

Utter pants ref. Tunisia are so frustrating to watch.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:59 - Jun 18 with 2483 viewsSteve_M

Yes, although Tunisia controlled most of that second half. Couldn't tell if they changed formation but they were very solid.

England lost confidence as the game went on, hopefully the goal will bring some of that back. Getting a win was the part.

Tripier my Man of the Match, with Loftus-Chiek making the difference late on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 18 with 2464 viewsjeera

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 20:57 - Jun 18 by Dyland

Gutless wasn't he.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:03 - Jun 18 with 2462 viewschristiand

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:59 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

Yes, although Tunisia controlled most of that second half. Couldn't tell if they changed formation but they were very solid.

England lost confidence as the game went on, hopefully the goal will bring some of that back. Getting a win was the part.

Tunisia just sat back and did nothing with the ball. England were too slow moving the ball to open them up and didn’t maintain the tempo of the first half.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:05]

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 21:04 - Jun 18 with 2443 viewsSteve_M

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 21:01 - Jun 18 by jeera

Gutless wasn't he.

I liked that late free kick where he ignored their defender standing pretty much on the ball.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:08]

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 21:06 - Jun 18 with 2425 viewsjeera

Utterly sh1t ref (n/t) on 21:04 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

I liked that late free kick where he ignored their defender standing pretty much on the ball.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:08]

Yes.

Edit: That's unfair Steve!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:25]

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:07 - Jun 18 with 2429 viewsDyland

I think we fooking deserve that on 20:58 - Jun 18 by christiand

What happened in the second half? Just a different performance so laboured which Southgate needs to address. England deserved it, Tunisia didn’t even attack in the second half. We deserved the win, Tunisia deserved nowt which they got!!!

As many have commented about the current squad, we don't have a genius general in midfield but rather a lot of decent players who are being drilled in a way that (generally) suits.

Kane or Rashford (or dare I say it Sterling) add the spark and/or clinical finishing, and getting them the ball in dangerous positions over and over again isn't always easy when we lack a Pirlo or similar. We'll see our strikers coming deep when we're in possession e.g. unless we're playing a team on fire.

There are a lot of positives to learn from the negatives there. Well done England, and except for a bit of narkiness from Young e.g. they all kept their heads and rose above the tedious cheating gamesmanship and bizarre blind spots from the ref/s.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:09 - Jun 18 with 2403 viewsSteve_M

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:07 - Jun 18 by Dyland

As many have commented about the current squad, we don't have a genius general in midfield but rather a lot of decent players who are being drilled in a way that (generally) suits.

Kane or Rashford (or dare I say it Sterling) add the spark and/or clinical finishing, and getting them the ball in dangerous positions over and over again isn't always easy when we lack a Pirlo or similar. We'll see our strikers coming deep when we're in possession e.g. unless we're playing a team on fire.

There are a lot of positives to learn from the negatives there. Well done England, and except for a bit of narkiness from Young e.g. they all kept their heads and rose above the tedious cheating gamesmanship and bizarre blind spots from the ref/s.

Tunisia also defended a lot better/more cynically and didn't allow England the same space. I suspect the humidity counted against England more as they were the ones trying to play.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:10 - Jun 18 with 2399 viewsDyland

You've got your misery blinkers on there ba :)

Tunisia controlled it in the sense they were quick into the tackle but they attacked, what, once? It was all England and with less sluggishness with the final ball there would have been a relatively decent amount of shots.

Tunisia were incredibly cynical and the ref didn't seem to feel the need even to have a word. He was sh1te.

Agreed on 21:11 - Jun 18 with 2386 viewsDyland

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:09 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

Tunisia also defended a lot better/more cynically and didn't allow England the same space. I suspect the humidity counted against England more as they were the ones trying to play.

Much of their defending was good, as well as England's attack being sluggish. Think you're right about the humidity, considering our players covered far more yards.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:11 - Jun 18 with 2385 viewschicoazul

I thought it was the usual England first game in tournament performance; look pretty good for half an hour then the team are totally cooked and fold into themselves. They looked like they were wading in treacle second half until they made the changes.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:12]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:12 - Jun 18 with 2371 viewschristiand

We didn’t have a Gazza type in the first half, but still played some great stuff. Not sure why we started so laboured in the second and that continued for the rest of the half. I agree though lots of positives, but still plenty to work on particularly maintaining the tempo and moving the ball quicker later in the game.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:13 - Jun 18 with 2372 viewsjeera

"they all kept their heads and rose above the tedious cheating gamesmanship and bizarre blind spots from the ref/s."

This. They were very professional in that respect.

I'd have been sent off in the first half.

Good on them.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:13]

Christ, same here on 21:15 - Jun 18 with 2347 viewsDyland

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:13 - Jun 18 by jeera

"they all kept their heads and rose above the tedious cheating gamesmanship and bizarre blind spots from the ref/s."

This. They were very professional in that respect.

I'd have been sent off in the first half.

Good on them.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:13]

If I'd lasted two minutes before breaking my ankle and being stretchered off crying.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:17 - Jun 18 with 2333 viewsSteve_M

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:10 - Jun 18 by Dyland

You've got your misery blinkers on there ba :)

Tunisia controlled it in the sense they were quick into the tackle but they attacked, what, once? It was all England and with less sluggishness with the final ball there would have been a relatively decent amount of shots.

Tunisia were incredibly cynical and the ref didn't seem to feel the need even to have a word. He was sh1te.

Meant to say they controlled the pace of the game, England mainly had the ball of course. We got lucky in that offside where Maguire went to sleep though.

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:19 - Jun 18 with 2326 viewschristiand

I think we fooking deserve that on 21:17 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

Meant to say they controlled the pace of the game, England mainly had the ball of course. We got lucky in that offside where Maguire went to sleep though.

They had no intention to attack in that second half they were holding on for the point through gamesmanship and time wasting - it certainly wasn’t through good play. It was quite embarrassing to watch.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024