Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stirling - No No No 21:37 - Jun 18 with 6720 viewswaveneyblue

Drives me nuts - Pace, Pace, Pace and absolutely nothing else.

Please, please don't play him again this tournament.......
Stirling - No No No on 06:25 - Jun 19 with 2288 viewstiptreeblue

Stirling - No No No on 06:16 - Jun 19 by brogansnose

......................with lots of people on this thread saying play Rashford instead and bringing Sterling on as a sub or play him out wide.

What, you mean somebody who can also run fast at defenders but with the ball under control, and with finishing ability, instead of a headless chicken who never looks totally in control?
Stirling - No No No on 06:37 - Jun 19 with 2281 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stirling - No No No on 05:11 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And yet Guardiola, one of if not the best managers in the world with an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, continues to start him week in, week out

Maybe he’d perform better for England if he wasn’t consistently on the end of thinly veiled racist attacks from the national press and half of our support

Half of our support?!? Come on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stirling - No No No on 06:48 - Jun 19 with 2273 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 06:37 - Jun 19 by BrixtonBlue

Half of our support?!? Come on.

Slight exaggeration but there is definitely a larger than normal number keen to get on his back

I’m fairness in most cases it’s probably not so much racism as being easily led by the Sun, but there is definitely an element to it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stirling - No No No on 06:52 - Jun 19 with 2270 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 06:16 - Jun 19 by brogansnose

......................with lots of people on this thread saying play Rashford instead and bringing Sterling on as a sub or play him out wide.

I’m sure once Rashford starts getting a bit big for his boots by wanting to move to a bigger club, buying his mum a house, shopping at Greggs and couples this with a couple of bad games for England he’ll get a much higher level of abuse than someone with the name of say, ‘Harry Kane’ too...

Stirling - No No No on 07:03 - Jun 19 with 2259 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stirling - No No No on 06:48 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Slight exaggeration but there is definitely a larger than normal number keen to get on his back

I’m fairness in most cases it’s probably not so much racism as being easily led by the Sun, but there is definitely an element to it

Massive exaggeration! I've not seen any racism from England supporters and not sure why Sterling would receive it particularly anyway. He's not the only player of colour in the squad.

The press do apparently seem to give him an unfair amount of stick (I don't actually read the tabloids so haven't seen it myself) but I'm not entirely sure why.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Stirling - No No No on 07:57 - Jun 19 with 2229 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 07:03 - Jun 19 by BrixtonBlue

Massive exaggeration! I've not seen any racism from England supporters and not sure why Sterling would receive it particularly anyway. He's not the only player of colour in the squad.

The press do apparently seem to give him an unfair amount of stick (I don't actually read the tabloids so haven't seen it myself) but I'm not entirely sure why.

Here’s one example:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/20/man-utd-f

I was more referring though to the fact that Sterling seems to instantly come into an inordinate amount of stick from our fans - similar to the press as you note. You’ve said yourself in another thread that you don’t think anyone should come into criticism for last night and yet there are several posters immediately jumping on Sterling’s performance. Why is that I wonder?

Stirling - No No No on 08:05 - Jun 19 with 2220 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stirling - No No No on 07:57 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Here’s one example:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/20/man-utd-f

I was more referring though to the fact that Sterling seems to instantly come into an inordinate amount of stick from our fans - similar to the press as you note. You’ve said yourself in another thread that you don’t think anyone should come into criticism for last night and yet there are several posters immediately jumping on Sterling’s performance. Why is that I wonder?

Your example is a Man Utd fan! You couldn't find ONE example of an England supporter being racist to Sterling?!

Sterling has been criticised as he was a bit pony. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

Stirling - No No No on 08:15 - Jun 19 with 2204 viewspoppiesman

I have said on here before and got slated for it.But once again his performance in an England shirt last night proved Sterling is not international standard.
His touch, passing and ball control is sunday league standard, yes he makes good runs with his pace but everytime there is no end product.
Even though it was offside, his miss two yards out from an open goal said it all!
Login to get fewer ads

Stirling - No No No on 08:16 - Jun 19 with 2201 viewsSaleAway

Stirling - No No No on 07:57 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Here’s one example:

We won last night with an extra time goal against a team with no ambition and no goal threat... we should have put them away with no problem at all... I don't think its true that no-one should come in for criticism. ( I know you didn't say that)

Sterling was definitely not up to scratch. But then I would plenty others ( eg all of the back 3) had difficulties at times, but they all did good at points as well. I genuinely can't think of one good thing that Sterling did. And what you have to remember about England fans, is we don't all watch city, so when the only performances of his you see are his ones for england, its not "inordinate" criticism, this is a man who hasn't delivered for his country.

I don't think anyone can possibly defend his performances. How long do you give him before saying that Rashford would do a better job? Its the world cup, it doesn't get more important... we're not building for the future here.

On the criticism from last night, I'd reserve most of my ire for Martin Keown, who definitely produced the worst performance of the night - that man robs a living.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Stirling - No No No on 08:18 - Jun 19 with 2199 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 08:05 - Jun 19 by BrixtonBlue

Your example is a Man Utd fan! You couldn't find ONE example of an England supporter being racist to Sterling?!

Sterling has been criticised as he was a bit pony. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

Because of course Karl Anderson, 29 from Manchester isn’t an England fan. Funny how he picked Sterling out eh?

But if that isn’t good enough here’s another one with a selection of choice tweets sent to/about him:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/racism-football-facebo

“Would seem churlish to give anyone stick to be honest as it was a decent performance overall”
BrixtonBlue at 6:57am today. And yet one player is

Stirling - No No No on 08:51 - Jun 19 with 2161 viewsBrixtonBlue

Stirling - No No No on 08:18 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because of course Karl Anderson, 29 from Manchester isn’t an England fan. Funny how he picked Sterling out eh?

But if that isn’t good enough here’s another one with a selection of choice tweets sent to/about him:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/racism-football-facebo

“Would seem churlish to give anyone stick to be honest as it was a decent performance overall”

Hahaha, oh dear, you're really struggling here. So everyone from Manchester supports England do they?

He's identified as a Man Utd supporter in the story. England aren't mentioned at all. Earlier you said half the England supporters are racist towards Sterling, now you're struggling to find one who happens to be from England but we don't know if he's an England supporter. He may well be as well, but he's not identified as one in this story.

I think the fact that he supports Sterling's club rivals might have more to do with it.

Then you link to a story about racist tweets, of which Sterling is included. Once again, where is the evidence that any of these are from England supporters? the story doesn't identify them as such.

All I've said about Sterling was that he was a bit pony. I've also said Lingard frustrated me and Ali should've come off earlier. So not one player then?

Stirling - No No No on 08:53 - Jun 19 with 2158 viewshype313

Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

He already has reached his potential. That is why Man city can`t agree a new deal with him. He really isn`t that good

I'd take Guardiola's view over yours.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Stirling - No No No on 08:55 - Jun 19 with 2154 viewsJuggsy

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with those examples.

Stirling is singled out because his only consistency in an England shirt is that he is consistently shizzle.

Your argument about it being a race thing hold no water as the calls are for Rashford to replace him. Not sure what your agenda is on this one.
Stirling - No No No on 08:56 - Jun 19 with 2152 viewsnshearman1

I'm sure in the wide range of people who criticise Sterling there are elements of racism in places, just as there are in society, but your attempt to bring this in to this debate is utter nonsense. You've always been a defender of Sterling - and posted a rather arrogant reply to me after a recent friendly saying I was all wrong - but it's you who are very wrong here. Racism has no place in this debate and doesn't appear to be here on this forum - so you are grabbing at extremely dubious straws to bolster your argument. You should desist. While I am critical of Sterling and feel he's a weak link and that Rashford (or indeed Vardy for that matter) would be a more effective contributor, I sincerely hope Sterling comes good in the end. But right now he should use the Panama game to try something different.
Stirling - No No No on 09:31 - Jun 19 with 2129 viewsSuperfrans

It's all about how he is played. Guardiola has found a way to get the most from him, Southgate clearly hasn't... yet.

But he's one of our few players with the potential to really hurt the opposition.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Stirling - No No No on 09:50 - Jun 19 with 2117 viewsSaleAway

Stirling - No No No on 09:31 - Jun 19 by Superfrans

It's all about how he is played. Guardiola has found a way to get the most from him, Southgate clearly hasn't... yet.

But he's one of our few players with the potential to really hurt the opposition.

Its a lot easier at city, because they have so many ways they can hurt you that you can't double up on everyone, whereas with england you basically know that if they haven't hit you on the break, then they are looking to Alli or Sterling to do something magical, so you can crowd them out.... need to get them both to stretch play more, which will also make more space for Lingard to to run into. It doesn't help that Jordan henderson always plays with his back to goal. He really does need to play forward more, as it is, he takes the pace out of the game, and the front players have to come deep to receive it from the back. We're best when he passes forwards, but to often he plays the easy ball to one of the back 3 or the wing backs.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024