Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester 21:46 - Jun 18 with 18499 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich’s gap plugged for this season then and all up front
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 21:51 - Jun 18 with 9928 viewsitfc1981

Gap plugged - but little to spend (given the size of the hole) - they are still Farked.

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 22:43 - Jun 18 with 9786 viewsbournemouthblue

As I've said before

I hope they spend it on players like Olivera who was comically ineffective against us at Carrot Road

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:24 - Jun 18 with 9714 viewsArnieM

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 22:43 - Jun 18 by bournemouthblue

As I've said before

I hope they spend it on players like Olivera who was comically ineffective against us at Carrot Road

He’ll be on his way too I suspect. Overrated anyway, like most of their squad.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:40 - Jun 18 with 9680 viewsbournemouthblue

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:24 - Jun 18 by ArnieM

He’ll be on his way too I suspect. Overrated anyway, like most of their squad.

Let's hope for a lot more of them

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:48 - Jun 18 with 9662 viewsRocky

Still a sickener that they have a Get Out of Jail Card with Maddison.
They must be the luckiest club in history.
Perhaps Farke will even things up and take them down this year.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 00:13 - Jun 19 with 9630 viewsconnorscontract

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:48 - Jun 18 by Rocky

So that is Josh Murphy, Maddison and Hoolahan gone from the team that struggled to a mid-table spot with parachute payments.

Maddison (14) and Murphy (7) were their top scorers in the Championship last season.

I think it is fair to say that they will be a team in transition next season.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 08:48 - Jun 19 with 9267 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 00:13 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

So that is Josh Murphy, Maddison and Hoolahan gone from the team that struggled to a mid-table spot with parachute payments.

Maddison (14) and Murphy (7) were their top scorers in the Championship last season.

In two seasons they have had a head start of £67 million plus an additional £41 million parachute payment and have not looked like challenging the top 6.

They can't keep rolling straight sixes, another bad season and the crowds will start dropping off.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 09:41 - Jun 19 with 9173 viewsNo9

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:48 - Jun 18 by Rocky

"They must be the luckiest club in history."

Or good at business?
Login to get fewer ads

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 15:34 - Jun 19 with 8954 viewsWickets

£3m to Coventry
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:56 - Jun 19 with 8862 viewsWeird_Beard

From what I've read Farke has half the Josh Murphy money to spend and will have most of the proceeds from Maddison. They made provision at the start of last season and January for the expected gap in income by letting go of players like Ruddy, Jerome, and selling the likes of Jacob Murphy.

I know us Town fans like to gloat but, in all reality there really isn't much to gloat at. They're a well run club these days. Ok they finished 14th last season but they went through major transition in terms of new players, new coaching staff and CEO. They have a plan and when they were in League 1 they still had 20k gates.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:24 - Jun 19 with 8814 viewsBLUEBEAT

The biggest issue with Farke is he’s already played his cards and signed the ‘promising’ lower league German players, who have been generally ineffective in the Championship. He’s been out of that circle a couple of years now so will no longer have his finger on the pulse. Whereas we have a manager who knows everything about the English lower leagues.

Poll: W or W

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:28 - Jun 19 with 8800 viewsElderGrizzly

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:56 - Jun 19 by Weird_Beard

From what I've read Farke has half the Josh Murphy money to spend and will have most of the proceeds from Maddison. They made provision at the start of last season and January for the expected gap in income by letting go of players like Ruddy, Jerome, and selling the likes of Jacob Murphy.

I know us Town fans like to gloat but, in all reality there really isn't much to gloat at. They're a well run club these days. Ok they finished 14th last season but they went through major transition in terms of new players, new coaching staff and CEO. They have a plan and when they were in League 1 they still had 20k gates.

Their CFO admitted they had a £20m+ gap for the upcoming season, even with those gone.

Madisson will simply be that gap.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 8795 viewsBLUEBEAT

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:28 - Jun 19 by ElderGrizzly

Their CFO admitted they had a £20m+ gap for the upcoming season, even with those gone.

Madisson will simply be that gap.

But how much was Josh Murphy?

Poll: W or W

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:44 - Jun 19 with 8765 viewsJ2BLUE

Our fans always over-confidently predict their demise.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:08 - Jun 19 with 8710 viewstextbackup

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:44 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

Our fans always over-confidently predict their demise.

It’s pathetic isn’t it. Pretty tinpot and basically jealousy

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:31 - Jun 19 with 8647 viewsconnorscontract

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:08 - Jun 19 by textbackup

They lost one Murphy and Jerome at the start of last season, and are losing Maddison, Hoolahan and the other Murphy now. Their entire offensive unit has gone.

If Gunn doesn't return then you are talking about their 6 best players from pre-season last year.

They may be able to replace them, but that's a difficult job for any manager to do.

Having finished slightly above them, would I rather have Hurst or Farke? Hurst. Would I rather have their squad or ours? Ours. Would I rather have their ownership and finances? Ours. Would I rather have their young talent or ours? Ours. And they don't have theirs anymore, anyway!
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:51 - Jun 19 with 8608 viewsArnieM

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:31 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

They lost one Murphy and Jerome at the start of last season, and are losing Maddison, Hoolahan and the other Murphy now. Their entire offensive unit has gone.

If Gunn doesn't return then you are talking about their 6 best players from pre-season last year.

They may be able to replace them, but that's a difficult job for any manager to do.

Having finished slightly above them, would I rather have Hurst or Farke? Hurst. Would I rather have their squad or ours? Ours. Would I rather have their ownership and finances? Ours. Would I rather have their young talent or ours? Ours. And they don't have theirs anymore, anyway!

..... careful or you’ll be accused of gloating !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 8598 viewsHipsterectomy

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:56 - Jun 19 by Weird_Beard

All 3 of your posts have been praising Norwich and your only news comment was to say you won't buy a season ticket

Put some effort in if you're going to LARP as a Town fan ffs

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Not all of your lot appear to agree with you.... on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 8553 viewsBloots

...you hopeless budgie tosspot:

"Asset stripping on a scale not seen for years is a sign of decline not growth. The board are taking the club backwards at a rate of knots. We have freefalled since Bowkett and McNally left. That some fans cheer them as they do it is frankly astonishing.

Any “fan” who thinks replacing the quality of Wes, Murphys, madders, Jerome, Ruddy, redmond etc with the likes of Srbeny, stieperman, etc is good news is frankly living in la la land. Unless we sign some very good players, which seems unlikely given the finances (or lack of them) then we are staring league one in the face I suspect. Don’t forget a proven champ striker now costs north of £10 million quid"

Ho hum.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 19:31 - Jun 19 with 8531 viewsconnorscontract

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:51 - Jun 19 by ArnieM

..... careful or you’ll be accused of gloating !

If Farke turns them into a play off team this season or next, under these constraints, he will have done a very, very good job.

If Hurst turns us into a play off team this season or next, under our constraints, he will have done a very, very good job.

Not gloating, the proof is in the League table at the end of the next two seasons. On balance I think we are in a slightly better position going into this season, and that Farke has a slightly harder job as he has less resources available to him now, but he has a year advantage on Hurst in terms of knowing the club, division and having worked with (and brought in some of) his players.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:21 - Jun 19 with 8284 viewsbournemouthblue

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 09:41 - Jun 19 by No9

"They must be the luckiest club in history."

Or good at business?

They were certainly lucky to bounce straight back up with Lambert and then go up again

They could easily have been stuck in League One for a few seasons

I believe they were relegated from the Prem with the largest ever parachute payment package at the time but have inexplicably been very ordinary with them

We in contrast had the collapse of ITV Digital on our relegation, compounded by the Stand Redevelopments

Derby struggled the following decade really, as did Leicester

It's taken very rich owners to turn Leicester around whilst Derby who were also relegated with us have managed one season back in the Premiership despite throwing boat loads of money at getting back up

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 04:32 - Jun 20 with 8150 viewsHarryWright

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:08 - Jun 19 by textbackup

Christ imagine being accused of being accused of being jealous of Norwich, the state of you mate. It’s a fair comment to look at their finances and believe it will be a struggle...
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 07:47 - Jun 20 with 8042 viewstextbackup

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 04:32 - Jun 20 by HarryWright

Christ imagine being accused of being accused of being jealous of Norwich, the state of you mate. It’s a fair comment to look at their finances and believe it will be a struggle...

mate?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 08:01 - Jun 20 with 8011 viewsSteve_M

Nah, you've blown five years of tv money and come back down to the same level as us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 09:40 - Jun 20 with 7902 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 00:13 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

and Gunn on Loan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024