Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester 21:46 - Jun 18 with 18674 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich’s gap plugged for this season then and all up front
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 09:59 - Jun 20 with 4685 viewsBrixtonBlue

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 08:01 - Jun 20 by Steve_M

Nah, you've blown five years of tv money and come back down to the same level as us.

Point of order: slightly lower than us.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 09:59 - Jun 20 with 4685 viewsBrixtonBlue

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 07:47 - Jun 20 by textbackup

mate?

Oh God, don't start this again!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 10:00 - Jun 20 with 4685 viewsTheDailyTractor

I don't think there's too much gloating. It's great business for them that they desperately needed but as some have said that's pretty much there best/most effective players gone. That money will only last them this season so they have to be careful not to waste it. I don't think that much of it will be made available. Half of the Murphy money at most.

What is important to bear in mind is that they still have players on prem wages on the books;

- Russell Martin
- Steven Naismith
- Matt Jarvis (remember him?)
- Yannick Wildshut is also on fair whack.

So yeah the money's good but they don't have the management to use it wisely.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 11:42 - Jun 20 with 4612 viewsITFC_Forever

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 18:31 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

They lost one Murphy and Jerome at the start of last season, and are losing Maddison, Hoolahan and the other Murphy now. Their entire offensive unit has gone.

If Gunn doesn't return then you are talking about their 6 best players from pre-season last year.

They may be able to replace them, but that's a difficult job for any manager to do.

Having finished slightly above them, would I rather have Hurst or Farke? Hurst. Would I rather have their squad or ours? Ours. Would I rather have their ownership and finances? Ours. Would I rather have their young talent or ours? Ours. And they don't have theirs anymore, anyway!

You would rather have their finances than ours?

£80m+ debt or £0 debt (now they've sold the family silver)?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 12:08 - Jun 20 with 4599 viewsHerbivore

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 11:42 - Jun 20 by ITFC_Forever

You would rather have their finances than ours?

£80m+ debt or £0 debt (now they've sold the family silver)?

The debt is irrelevant since it's all owed to ME. What we have is an owner willing to subsidise a loss that enables us to at least be vaguely competitive. They don't have anyone to cover a shortfall in running costs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 13:42 - Jun 20 with 4538 viewsWeird_Beard

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 12:08 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

The debt is irrelevant since it's all owed to ME. What we have is an owner willing to subsidise a loss that enables us to at least be vaguely competitive. They don't have anyone to cover a shortfall in running costs.

The fact is none of us know the true facts about the finances of Norwich. Yet we are all discussing it as if we do. I get that its only natural to hope they are in trouble, but I really do doubt it. All they are doing is cutting there cloth to suit. Wishful thinking as always on our part but, its getting embarrassing.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 13:58 - Jun 20 with 4515 viewsSteve_M

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 13:42 - Jun 20 by Weird_Beard

The fact is none of us know the true facts about the finances of Norwich. Yet we are all discussing it as if we do. I get that its only natural to hope they are in trouble, but I really do doubt it. All they are doing is cutting there cloth to suit. Wishful thinking as always on our part but, its getting embarrassing.

Your insurers are probably relieved you got so much for Maddison though:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 15:54 - Jun 20 with 4456 viewsFreddy

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 13:58 - Jun 20 by Steve_M

Your insurers are probably relieved you got so much for Maddison though:

Deal done at 24m (sky) plus a sell on fee so have to admit a good profit.

So thats 36m for 3 players sold this month which fills their 20m gap & gives them breathing space.

Once they get their other few high earners off their books they ll be on a level playing field with us, low wage bill, buying cheap players & developing youngsters.

Bring on next season
Login to get fewer ads

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:04 - Jun 20 with 4438 viewsITFCBlues

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 12:08 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

When they’re rid of their big earners next summer - there will be no shortfall. You have to remember they have 6-7k more fans than us through the door minimum per game. That’ll cover what Evans puts in you’d suspect.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:11 - Jun 20 with 4429 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:04 - Jun 20 by ITFCBlues

When they’re rid of their big earners next summer - there will be no shortfall. You have to remember they have 6-7k more fans than us through the door minimum per game. That’ll cover what Evans puts in you’d suspect.

That 6-7k more than us is vital to them.. If they spend a couple more years bobbing around mid table/lower mid table playing Farkeball then I doubt they will have the numbers they can currently boast about.

They have already signed someone for £1.5m and are reportedly about to confirm Ben Marshall for a fee of (around) £1m so they are still outspending us by some considerable margin. I can't see them 'Imploding' anytime soon.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:52 - Jun 20 with 4392 viewsHerbivore

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:04 - Jun 20 by ITFCBlues

There will still be a shortfall. Attendances of 6k to 7k more will only bridge the gap that ME makes up for us if each of those extra fans is contributing £1k each a year, which they won't be. I imagine that even without a few high earners next year their wage bill will still be higher than ours too.

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:06 - Jun 20 with 4376 viewsyoda

6-7 thousand difference would have our average gate around 22,000 when in reality its nearly 26,000 so the gap is over 9000.On the subject of Maddison he is going to worth 50 million in a few months time so while 21 million is decent money it will seem cheap very soon.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:09 - Jun 20 with 4367 viewsitfc48

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:06 - Jun 20 by yoda

6-7 thousand difference would have our average gate around 22,000 when in reality its nearly 26,000 so the gap is over 9000.On the subject of Maddison he is going to worth 50 million in a few months time so while 21 million is decent money it will seem cheap very soon.

Coventry had a sell on clause so you'd imagine a minimum of £2m will be heading their way.
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:12 - Jun 20 with 4363 viewsWeird_Beard

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:52 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

There will still be a shortfall. Attendances of 6k to 7k more will only bridge the gap that ME makes up for us if each of those extra fans is contributing £1k each a year, which they won't be. I imagine that even without a few high earners next year their wage bill will still be higher than ours too.

And on it goes.......

"6k to 7k more"??? I've been at Portman when there were only about 13k last season. Don't Norwich get 25k or 26k consistently?

You're all hoping for things that aren't at all true!
Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:15 - Jun 20 with 4344 viewsHerbivore

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:06 - Jun 20 by yoda

I think it could go either way with Maddison. Last season you were set up to play to his strengths, your tactics seemed to basically be to get the ball to him. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in a side that is less likely to set up solely to get him on the ball and in a league that is often a big step up for that kind of player.

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:17 - Jun 20 with 4334 viewsJ2BLUE

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:15 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

I think it could go either way with Maddison. Last season you were set up to play to his strengths, your tactics seemed to basically be to get the ball to him. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in a side that is less likely to set up solely to get him on the ball and in a league that is often a big step up for that kind of player.

Agree with him. Give it 12 months and £21m will look like peanuts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:21 - Jun 20 with 4327 viewsHerbivore

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:17 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

Agree with him. Give it 12 months and £21m will look like peanuts.

We'll see, it may do but I'm not convinced.

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:30 - Jun 20 with 4309 viewsSpruceMoose

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:12 - Jun 20 by Weird_Beard

And on it goes.......

"6k to 7k more"??? I've been at Portman when there were only about 13k last season. Don't Norwich get 25k or 26k consistently?

Can somebody get this man some Trill, he's starving over here!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 4224 viewsITFCBlues

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 16:52 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

How do you think there will be a shortfall?

Next season all their PL players who were on big money are out of contract. They get at least 6-7k more than us each game which will more than likely see them having a similar wage bill / budget to us whilst also being self sustaining

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Why would a scum fan be at.... on 20:07 - Jun 20 with 4206 viewsBloots

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 17:12 - Jun 20 by Weird_Beard

And on it goes.......

...Portman Road when there were only 13K there?

Unless you were coming to look at a trophy cabinet?

It's obviously not just your beard that's weird.

You weirdo.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:09 - Jun 20 with 4097 viewsHerbivore

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 20:00 - Jun 20 by ITFCBlues

How do you think there will be a shortfall?

Next season all their PL players who were on big money are out of contract. They get at least 6-7k more than us each game which will more than likely see them having a similar wage bill / budget to us whilst also being self sustaining

Did you not read my post where I explained that all pretty clearly using actual maths and sh!t?

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:30 - Jun 20 with 4070 viewsSuffolktractor

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:09 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

Did you not read my post where I explained that all pretty clearly using actual maths and sh!t?

For all Norwich’s talk of how many million more fans they have than us, even last season their attendances were falling. One of my friends, who is actually a sensible Norwich season ticket holder often said there were several thousand empty seats in their tin pot ground. He also is saying that they are totally fed up with the crap that Farke plays and says.
If the scum do not start well, Farke will be gone by October.
Norwich fans often hark on about how well supported they are, but if there is a more fickle bunch of losers in the football league then I don’t know where they are.
Why would a scum fan be at.... on 08:44 - Jun 21 with 3929 viewsWeird_Beard

Why would a scum fan be at.... on 20:07 - Jun 20 by Bloots

...Portman Road when there were only 13K there?

Unless you were coming to look at a trophy cabinet?

It's obviously not just your beard that's weird.

You weirdo.

Obviously you never venture anywhere near Portman Road, therefore check the stats from your armchair. There were five home games last season where we barely managed to get more than 13,000. Barnsley, Hull, Reading, Burton, Cardiff.

The irony of it is that our largest home attendance was 24,928. And that was against Norwich. Yet that doesn't touch their published average gate of 25,785.

Whose the weirdo?
Why would a scum fan be at.... on 08:47 - Jun 21 with 3922 viewsHerbivore

Why would a scum fan be at.... on 08:44 - Jun 21 by Weird_Beard

Obviously you never venture anywhere near Portman Road, therefore check the stats from your armchair. There were five home games last season where we barely managed to get more than 13,000. Barnsley, Hull, Reading, Burton, Cardiff.

The irony of it is that our largest home attendance was 24,928. And that was against Norwich. Yet that doesn't touch their published average gate of 25,785.

Whose the weirdo?

You. You're a Norwich fan pretending to be a Town fan on a Town forum. That's pretty textbook weirdo, friend.

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 08:52 - Jun 21 with 3916 viewsWeird_Beard

Maddison £22m up front, £3m installments to Leicester on 23:30 - Jun 20 by Suffolktractor

For all Norwich’s talk of how many million more fans they have than us, even last season their attendances were falling. One of my friends, who is actually a sensible Norwich season ticket holder often said there were several thousand empty seats in their tin pot ground. He also is saying that they are totally fed up with the crap that Farke plays and says.
If the scum do not start well, Farke will be gone by October.
Norwich fans often hark on about how well supported they are, but if there is a more fickle bunch of losers in the football league then I don’t know where they are.

Fickle? When our lot have deserted Portman Road over recent years?

Didn't they maintain 20,000 season ticket holders in League 1? They had an average gate of nearly 26,000 last season. Ours was just over 16,000. These are the facts whether we like it or not.

You might be right about Farke however - whose to say he won't be sacked by October if things aren't going to plan? Then again the same applies to most managers in the country, including our own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024