Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England line up 22:24 - Jun 18 with 1930 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Rashford and Loftus-Cheek’s performances from the bench only confirmed what I’ve been saying for weeks - they both must start. We need to ditch this 3-1-4-2 crap and go for a 4-3-3 which suits our personnel better:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Maguire - Rose

Alli - Henderson - RLC

Sterling - Kane - Rashford

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

England line up on 22:37 - Jun 18 with 1882 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've championed RLC for weeks.

I think he's the missing ingredient that would make us tick.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

England line up on 22:40 - Jun 18 with 1874 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Can’t see him ditching 3-5-2 mid tournament. Just Rashford in for Sterling, RLC for Alli. Lingers provides incredible runs beyond front two from midfield.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

England line up on 22:49 - Jun 18 with 1845 viewsRoyKeanesDog

You parking at Gatwick for the Panama game pal?

Poll: Best Football Song

England line up on 22:50 - Jun 18 with 1844 viewsbournemouthblue

England line up on 22:40 - Jun 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Can’t see him ditching 3-5-2 mid tournament. Just Rashford in for Sterling, RLC for Alli. Lingers provides incredible runs beyond front two from midfield.

It looks like a decent system to me

The biggest hinderance in the second half was fatigue and making the subs too late IMHO

It was promusing none the less, hopefully we grow into the tournament

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

England line up on 22:58 - Jun 18 with 1828 viewsRoyKeanesDog

England line up on 22:50 - Jun 18 by bournemouthblue

It looks like a decent system to me

The biggest hinderance in the second half was fatigue and making the subs too late IMHO

It was promusing none the less, hopefully we grow into the tournament

The system was good. The performance was good. We didn't panic and trusted the system and it prevailed. Rashford and RLC making an impact was why they were on the bench.

Southgate got it spot on, and he has done since day one. Why people decide to get on their backs after a strong opening opening game is beyond me.

England line up on 23:03 - Jun 18 with 1814 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

England line up on 22:58 - Jun 18 by RoyKeanesDog

The system was good. The performance was good. We didn't panic and trusted the system and it prevailed. Rashford and RLC making an impact was why they were on the bench.

Southgate got it spot on, and he has done since day one. Why people decide to get on their backs after a strong opening opening game is beyond me.

Agree mostly with 99% of that’s statement, only thing I’d say is don’t think if they impact from the bench or as why they are on the bench. Think RLC will remain on bench but though Alli was no existence second half.

And I think the problem with Sterling is we don’t play with any winger, he is so lively, so quick, fantastic dribbler but not a Centre forward.

Rashford deserves start for performance against Costa Rica and tonight. Hold in mind Sterling hasn’t scored an England goal since 2015, before Rashford even made his first team debut at Man U.

England line up on 23:06 - Jun 18 with 1805 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

England line up on 22:58 - Jun 18 by RoyKeanesDog

We were completely untested at the back. Until I see us against Belgium I won't comment on how much damage we can do in this WC but I do think it's much more encouraging than the last two tournaments.

Surely we get out of this group now.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 23:08]
England line up on 23:10 - Jun 18 with 1787 viewsRoyKeanesDog

England line up on 23:03 - Jun 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Agree mostly with 99% of that’s statement, only thing I’d say is don’t think if they impact from the bench or as why they are on the bench. Think RLC will remain on bench but though Alli was no existence second half.

And I think the problem with Sterling is we don’t play with any winger, he is so lively, so quick, fantastic dribbler but not a Centre forward.

Rashford deserves start for performance against Costa Rica and tonight. Hold in mind Sterling hasn’t scored an England goal since 2015, before Rashford even made his first team debut at Man U.

Don't think we should pick the line up based on the last two games though. If Dele and Kane click then we are a force.

Login to get fewer ads

England line up on 23:13 - Jun 18 with 1783 viewsRoyKeanesDog

England line up on 23:06 - Jun 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We were completely untested at the back. Until I see us against Belgium I won't comment on how much damage we can do in this WC but I do think it's much more encouraging than the last two tournaments.

Surely we get out of this group now.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 23:08]

We can only beat what's in front of us though. I'd say it's nearly a certainty we'll get out of the group, and we face a very beatable side in the last 16. After that we're well overdue a win against a big side. At that stage we're in the semis and they may as well just give us the trophy and save a lot of people a load of hassle.

England line up on 23:54 - Jun 18 with 1724 viewsStewart27

You seem to be overlooking the fact that Trippier was the best player in the pitch tonight. Also that ‘crap’ system really worked.
England line up on 00:09 - Jun 19 with 1706 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

England line up on 23:10 - Jun 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Don't think we should pick the line up based on the last two games though. If Dele and Kane click then we are a force.

Surely that’s exactly what we should be doing. We should be selecting the players performing for the country right now.
Tournaments are short campaigns and we need the best performers right now.

England line up on 00:51 - Jun 19 with 1674 viewsRoyKeanesDog

England line up on 00:09 - Jun 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Surely that’s exactly what we should be doing. We should be selecting the players performing for the country right now.
Tournaments are short campaigns and we need the best performers right now.

I get your point, but I think the starting line up is correct personally.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024