Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waterbutt Watch 06:29 - Jun 19 with 16545 viewsBenters2

Today marks a sad day in my back garden,my butts run dry,sadly i had to water everyting with my mains tap and hose pipe.

Sad times.
Waterbutt Watch on 07:21 - Jul 10 with 3785 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 07:11 - Jul 10 by Benters2

Ha!

I cut hedges for 5 days last week,more hedges this week!

Bloody dusty aren't they!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Waterbutt Watch on 07:23 - Jul 10 with 3779 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 07:21 - Jul 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bloody dusty aren't they!

Hedges and Roses are really going for it.
Waterbutt Watch on 08:13 - Jul 10 with 3745 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 07:13 - Jul 10 by solemio

Possible rain next Sunday or Monday.

I wouldn't count on it .......... just yet!

Waterbutt Watch on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 3656 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Take this with a pinch of salt but one of the forecast models is predicting temperatures of 35 to 40 °C for East Anglia around about the 30th of this month!

Waterbutt Watch on 16:24 - Jul 16 with 3638 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Waterbutt Watch on 15:17 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Take this with a pinch of salt but one of the forecast models is predicting temperatures of 35 to 40 °C for East Anglia around about the 30th of this month!

Bloody hell. Some forecast this morning suggesting another 5 weeks or so of dry very warm conditions for the region.

Was at the Rock & Bike festival in Derbyshire this last weekend. Baking hot on friday, about 8 pm, it pissed down for a couple of hours. Walked out of the marquee in the middle of Big Countrys set just to stroll around in the rain. Lovely it was too.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 16:29]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

www.weatherwars.com by any chance? (n/t) on 16:26 - Jul 16 with 3632 viewsDyland

Waterbutt Watch on 15:17 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

www.weatherwars.com by any chance? (n/t) on 16:51 - Jul 16 with 3624 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

www.weatherwars.com by any chance? (n/t) on 16:26 - Jul 16 by Dyland

No never heard of that one. The weather model is the ECM and is one of many discussed by weather geeks on forums at netweather. I don't contribute by the way but think I stumbled upon a thread there from one of our own!!

Ok got you! (In a infowars vein)Wish I hadn't searched for that as got one of those dodgy you have won a prize pop ups!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 16:56]

Waterbutt Watch on 17:01 - Jul 16 with 3617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 16:24 - Jul 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Bloody hell. Some forecast this morning suggesting another 5 weeks or so of dry very warm conditions for the region.

Was at the Rock & Bike festival in Derbyshire this last weekend. Baking hot on friday, about 8 pm, it pissed down for a couple of hours. Walked out of the marquee in the middle of Big Countrys set just to stroll around in the rain. Lovely it was too.

Certainly more than possible......had a 1 minute shower in Ip17 earlier so did the same as you must have had all of 0.01mm but it felt lovely!

Login to get fewer ads

Waterbutt Watch on 17:01 - Jul 16 with 3618 viewsLuk38644

I've never known it this dry in my lifetime, we desperately need some rain!

I was cutting my grass twice a week all summer last year, I've cut it twice in the last 6 weeks. It's just not growing and there is no point watering it if we have no rain anytime soon because it will dry out again in a day or two.

I hope when it does rain, it pours! Even our well is empty after all that winter rain/snow, that's how much we've used to substitute the rain!
Waterbutt Watch on 18:47 - Jul 16 with 3600 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 17:01 - Jul 16 by Luk38644

I was cutting my grass twice a week all summer last year, I've cut it twice in the last 6 weeks. It's just not growing and there is no point watering it if we have no rain anytime soon because it will dry out again in a day or two.

I hope when it does rain, it pours! Even our well is empty after all that winter rain/snow, that's how much we've used to substitute the rain!

This time last year i had 8 big old butts rammed to the lip with Gods finest,or as my dear old Nan would call it Adams Ale, now those same butts are as dry as a bone buh.
Waterbutt Watch on 20:00 - Jul 16 with 3571 viewssolemio

This seems to me to be the worst since 1976.
Waterbutt Watch on 20:14 - Jul 16 with 3562 viewsLuk38644

Waterbutt Watch on 18:47 - Jul 16 by Benters2

This time last year i had 8 big old butts rammed to the lip with Gods finest,or as my dear old Nan would call it Adams Ale, now those same butts are as dry as a bone buh.

We emptied our well onto the grass and it sprung up for 2 days then has gone crispy again, it's bloody relentless!
Waterbutt Watch on 20:15 - Jul 16 with 3557 viewsLuk38644

Waterbutt Watch on 20:00 - Jul 16 by solemio

This seems to me to be the worst since 1976.

Well that's long before my time!

I think we need to make a sacrifice to the rain gods so it p*sses it down.
Waterbutt Watch on 06:34 - Jul 17 with 3511 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 16:24 - Jul 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Bloody Hippy
Waterbutt Watch on 06:44 - Jul 17 with 3510 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 20:14 - Jul 16 by Luk38644

We emptied our well onto the grass and it sprung up for 2 days then has gone crispy again, it's bloody relentless!

Thing is the grass will always come back and grow again,my neighbour the dick was watering his grass most of the afternoon in full sun yesterday ffs.

Its being English we always moan about the weather!
Waterbutt Watch on 08:05 - Jul 17 with 3495 viewsBluebell

Waterbutt Watch on 06:44 - Jul 17 by Benters2

Thing is the grass will always come back and grow again,my neighbour the dick was watering his grass most of the afternoon in full sun yesterday ffs.

Its being English we always moan about the weather!

Agreed. The grass will always recover once we have substantial rain.

My garden is extremely dry but I certainly wouldn't water any of it other than the vegetables and plants in pots and tubs. I don't ever use a hose either.

I don't have a butt but I have an annoying overflow drip from my downstairs toilet which I put a bucket under and use the water on the garden!
Waterbutt Watch on 08:13 - Jul 17 with 3488 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 08:05 - Jul 17 by Bluebell

My garden is extremely dry but I certainly wouldn't water any of it other than the vegetables and plants in pots and tubs. I don't ever use a hose either.

I don't have a butt but I have an annoying overflow drip from my downstairs toilet which I put a bucket under and use the water on the garden!

Stopcock ?

Waterbutt Watch on 08:14 - Jul 17 with 3487 viewsReuser_is_God

The state of my grass breaks my heart.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waterbutt Watch on 06:09 - Jul 19 with 3450 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 08:05 - Jul 17 by Bluebell

Thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow afternoon.

Yes tubbs need watering twice a day in this extreme heat.

Everybody should have at least one butt.
Waterbutt Watch on 06:14 - Jul 19 with 3447 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 08:14 - Jul 17 by Reuser_is_God

The state of my grass breaks my heart.

Nature and seasons dear chap it will bounce back.
Waterbutt Watch on 06:17 - Jul 19 with 3447 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 06:09 - Jul 19 by Benters2

Thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow afternoon.

Yes tubbs need watering twice a day in this extreme heat.

Everybody should have at least one butt.

Waterbutt Watch on 06:09 - Jul 20 with 3391 viewsBenters2

Waterbutt Watch on 06:17 - Jul 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Love Tubbs
Waterbutt Watch on 06:40 - Jul 20 with 3376 viewsEly_Blue

Waterbutt Watch on 22:34 - Jun 19 by Vic

They’re in tomorite grow bags and have had one feed of tomorite feed a couple of weeks ago when the second truss set. It’s only a couple of plants, in 2 different grow bags so all getting same water and feed.

Pinewood - I could look at other sites via google, but thought the info I got on here would be far superior to anything I could get on a proper, professional gardening site.

I have my tomatoes in hanging baskets and I’m finding I need to water them twice a day to stop them wilting but also if you say you’ve only fed them once in 2 weeks then that’s not enough, recommendations on the tomato feed I have are to feed once or twice per week after the 2nd truss has set, since I started doing that about 3 weeks ago mine have an abundance of fruit appearing that is growing by the day, and still loads more flowers appearing each day. It’s going to be a bumper crop this year (and probably loads for my neighbour when I’m away in 3 weeks time)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Waterbutt Watch on 06:38 - Jul 23 with 3332 viewsBenters2

Just watched Sky News,record temps are forecast for this week,today in East Anglia its going to get to +30 with even hotter temps forecast for the middle of the week.

I was out on my bike yesterday and the road sounded funny.
Waterbutt Watch on 06:45 - Jul 23 with 3326 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterbutt Watch on 06:38 - Jul 23 by Benters2

Just watched Sky News,record temps are forecast for this week,today in East Anglia its going to get to +30 with even hotter temps forecast for the middle of the week.

I was out on my bike yesterday and the road sounded funny.

Slightly cooler at weekend (27/28°C)......then probably even hotter next week! Definitely not hedge cutting weather so keep drinking that water.

Edit. Well according to 'weatherwars' D(r)yland anyway!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 6:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024