Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glassers team to face Panama 07:46 - Jun 19 with 4073 viewsGlasgowBlue

============Pickford============

Stones––––Cahill=======McGuire

Trippier–––––––––––––Rose

Loftus-Cheek–Henderson–Lindgard

––––––-Kane––-Rashford–––––

5-0 win

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Glassers team to face Panama on 07:54 - Jun 19 with 4028 viewsmaccyd9

Don't think I'd change much, certainly not 4 changes.

Other than the dubious penalty I thought Walker did well and showed on a couple of occasions the benefit of having someone so quick in that right sided position. He and Trippier interchanged really well and you'd lose that attacking threat which you need against a side who will be very defensive.

Young was wasteful so can see that Rose might be the option.

Ali I'd be happy to see bombed out, done too little for too long and RLC did his chances no harm at all. He needs a kick up the @ rse.

Sterling should be dropped, no question but it would destroy his confidence. I'd give him that chance to get on the scoresheet or at least significantly improve his level of performance. Rashford is a great option from the bench against tiring legs.

Also, worth thinking that if as expected we beat Panama, the Belgium game will be almost a dead rubber so you'd want to give the fringe players minutes and give the mainstays a rest before the knock out stages.
Glassers team to face Panama on 08:01 - Jun 19 with 4000 viewsDanTheMan

I'd basically keep it as we had it last night, maybe swapping out Rashford for Sterling.

Although there's something to be said for allowing Sterling to (fingers crossed) getting some confidence back against a slightly easier team.

Tough call.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:01 - Jun 19 with 4003 viewsGlasgowBlue

Glassers team to face Panama on 07:54 - Jun 19 by maccyd9

Other than the dubious penalty I thought Walker did well and showed on a couple of occasions the benefit of having someone so quick in that right sided position. He and Trippier interchanged really well and you'd lose that attacking threat which you need against a side who will be very defensive.

Ali I'd be happy to see bombed out, done too little for too long and RLC did his chances no harm at all. He needs a kick up the @ rse.

Sterling should be dropped, no question but it would destroy his confidence. I'd give him that chance to get on the scoresheet or at least significantly improve his level of performance. Rashford is a great option from the bench against tiring legs.

Also, worth thinking that if as expected we beat Panama, the Belgium game will be almost a dead rubber so you'd want to give the fringe players minutes and give the mainstays a rest before the knock out stages.

I though Walker was poor. Before the penalty he casually gave the ball away in the danger area. His natural game is attacking from the right back position and I think his inclusion is Southgate’only case of getting a player he likes in the team despite not suiting the formation.

I’d put Rose in as he is naturally left footed.

Sterling just doesn’t do it in an England shirt so it’s Rashford for me.

Loftus-Cheek looked lively when he came on and Ali had a knock.

I don’t believe Belgium is a dead rubber as we would have a better draw in the next round if we win the group.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:04 - Jun 19 with 3987 viewsm14_blue

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:01 - Jun 19 by GlasgowBlue

I though Walker was poor. Before the penalty he casually gave the ball away in the danger area. His natural game is attacking from the right back position and I think his inclusion is Southgate’only case of getting a player he likes in the team despite not suiting the formation.

I don’t believe Belgium is a dead rubber as we would have a better draw in the next round if we win the group.

Walker wasn't great yesterday but Cahill has been poor all season. Also thought Maguire was far worse in possession last night.

Panama are likely to play on the counter and Walker's pace could be key.

It's not ideal playing a right back in the back 3 but I think he's our best option at the moment.
Glassers team to face Panama on 08:09 - Jun 19 with 3973 viewsmaccyd9

We may well be better off finishing second in the group.

1st or 2nd we play one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan.

If we finish 1st and win against one of those we play the winner of E (likely Brazil or the runner up in F which could well now be Germany).

If we finish 2nd in the group and overcome one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan then we face 1st in Group F (could well be Mexico) or runner up in E (likely to be one Switzerland or Serbia).
Glassers team to face Panama on 08:11 - Jun 19 with 3967 viewsIpswichKnight

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:04 - Jun 19 by m14_blue

Walker wasn't great yesterday but Cahill has been poor all season. Also thought Maguire was far worse in possession last night.

Panama are likely to play on the counter and Walker's pace could be key.

It's not ideal playing a right back in the back 3 but I think he's our best option at the moment.

I wouldn't change much either, if we play like we are at the moment we are going to get caught on the counter and will need Walkers pace to counter that I really wouldn't change the back 3 at the moment.

Only 2 changes I'd make are Rashford in for Sterling and Rose in for Young, I was happy that Sterling started over Rashford as I thought his pace would cause Tunisia more problems but have to admit we need another striker on the pitch and Rashford made a difference when he came one,

Alli took a knock and it was poor game management by us not to replace him at 1/2 time RLC made a difference as he was too powerful to be easily knocked off the ball.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dier come in for the Belgium game in place of Alli suspect we might be a little more cautious against them as they do carry a big threat up front and from midfield.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 8:11]
Glassers team to face Panama on 08:18 - Jun 19 with 3939 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who is this Glassers fellow you refer to?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:33 - Jun 19 with 3888 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dont mind that.

Not sure why you'd drop Walker from the team altogether.

I'd def have RLC in the team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:34 - Jun 19 with 3887 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Glassers team to face Panama on 07:54 - Jun 19 by maccyd9

Walker did nothing wrong, and that includes the 'penalty'.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:35 - Jun 19 with 3883 viewsnrb1985

Cahill isn't good enough on the ball to play in a game where we will dominate possesion.

He should however be a nailed on starter for Belgium and the knock out games. He is a big game player and usually pulls out his best performances when the pressure is on. He was superb in the FA Cup final.
Glassers team to face Panama on 09:02 - Jun 19 with 3818 viewsmaccyd9

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:34 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Walker did nothing wrong, and that includes the 'penalty'.

I don't think it was a pen but defensively it was poor. A Cahill, Stones etc would have been facing the other way and would likely have won the header.

It was incredibly soft but possibly a free kick in other areas of the pitch so he gave the ref a decision.

As I said though, he will have weaknesses defensively but for me they are outweighed by what he does bring to that position.
Glassers team to face Panama on 09:11 - Jun 19 with 3802 viewstextbackup

Glassers team to face Panama on 08:09 - Jun 19 by maccyd9

We may well be better off finishing second in the group.

1st or 2nd we play one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan.

If we finish 1st and win against one of those we play the winner of E (likely Brazil or the runner up in F which could well now be Germany).

If we finish 2nd in the group and overcome one of Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan then we face 1st in Group F (could well be Mexico) or runner up in E (likely to be one Switzerland or Serbia).

cool story

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Glassers team to face Panama on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 3741 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Panama are nowhere near as bad as some people on here think. They could quite realistically beat Tunisia, and are very hard to break down when playing for a point, as they will against us. RLC in for Dele, Rashford in for Sterling, but I'd leave the rest the same.
Glassers team to face Panama on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 3735 viewsRamRob

Seeing alot of people saying Young should be dropped for Rose, he may not be the best wing back but his and Trippier's delivery from corners were the best I've seen from England in a long time.

I suspect Young gets the nod for that reason, though I agree a left footer would give better balance.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Glassers team to face Panama on 10:04 - Jun 19 with 3705 viewsmaccyd9

Glassers team to face Panama on 09:11 - Jun 19 by textbackup

cool story

I was hoping you'd be too hungover and wouldn't read this!

Glassers team to face Panama on 10:07 - Jun 19 with 3703 viewsHalf_Idiot

Not sure I'd change much at the back, maybe Rose for Young but that's it. Would prefer to keep Alli in the team but I guess it depends how he recovers. I would have Loftus-Cheek stepping in if Alli isn't fit. Rashford in for Sterling is a must. Sterling just didn't look enough of a threat last night.
Glassers team to face Panama on 10:20 - Jun 19 with 3677 viewsRamRob

Glassers team to face Panama on 10:07 - Jun 19 by Half_Idiot

Not sure I'd change much at the back, maybe Rose for Young but that's it. Would prefer to keep Alli in the team but I guess it depends how he recovers. I would have Loftus-Cheek stepping in if Alli isn't fit. Rashford in for Sterling is a must. Sterling just didn't look enough of a threat last night.

Sterling just doesn't seem to be in control of his feet, and several times when there was no pass on rather than turning round to look for support he just kicked the ball into a defender.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Glassers team to face Panama on 10:24 - Jun 19 with 3664 viewsshoopdelang

Walker out, based on what?
Glassers team to face Panama on 10:25 - Jun 19 with 3658 viewsshoopdelang

Rose over Young 100%
Glassers team to face Panama on 10:25 - Jun 19 with 3658 viewstextbackup

Glassers team to face Panama on 10:04 - Jun 19 by maccyd9

I was hoping you'd be too hungover and wouldn't read this!

got an 'orrible headache, and sat at work.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Glassers team to face Panama on 12:14 - Jun 19 with 3569 viewsbrazil1982

Rose for Young and we'll grind out a 1-0 win.
Glassers team to face Panama on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 3551 viewsNazemariner

I’d make wholesale changes myself, and i can see Southgate the same.

We seem to be all about the system, rather than individual players, and we have a group of players with similar ability. It would also galvanise the squad in preparation for the Belgium game.

Loftus cheek in, Ali out
Vardy in, Sterling out
Rose in, Young out
Dier in, Walker out
Butland in, Pickford out
Delphi in, Lingaard out

COE!
Glassers team to face Panama on 12:47 - Jun 19 with 3516 viewsBiGDonnie

Butland
Walker Cahill Stones
Trippier Rose
RLC Dier Alli
Kane Rashford

I'd mix it up for Panama, who I don't think are as 'good' as Tunisia.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024