Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The older generation and their outlook on life 08:33 - Jun 19 with 7856 viewsartsbossbeard

My M&D never cease to amaze me with their views and I'm assuming that I'm not alone with this.

Anyhoo, I was privy to a corker this weekend involving their garden pond pump stopping working/finding a new replacement/judging the new pump to be too expensive at £140/finding one on Gumtree.

M: "We were a bit worried because he was a foreigner living on Norwich Road but he was actually alright!"

More casual racism stories as they happen.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:13 - Jun 19 with 3242 viewsDyland

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:01 - Jun 19 by HurleyBurley

I don't like to admit it, but I've also been a little bit prejudiced against people living on Norwich Road too.

Not sure it makes me racist though.

Right, Poleist maybe... ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:34 - Jun 19 with 3210 viewsRyorry

Less generalisation please.

Am in my late 60s, myself + friends around same age would be as disgusted as you by any form of racism. Also applies to friends in 70s and 80s (tho your comments did apply , unfortunately, to my own mother, who died aged mid-80s, five years ago - and also, rather sadly, to my bro who died in the 1970s age 29).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 3211 viewsPhilTWTD

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:56 - Jun 19 by witchdoctor

just you on the benters bashing bandwagon today mate...but give it time...I’m sure the usual suspects will be jumping aboard peresently..👍
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:58]

To be fair, he does it entirely to draw the reaction. No need for it, as has been pointed out to him before.
The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:03 - Jun 19 with 3130 viewsBent_double

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:09 - Jun 19 by textbackup

things that I grew up with, hearing etc, I wouldn't dream of saying them to my kids. the local shop was always called the P... shop, everyone said it, but now I wouldn't even think about saying it infront of the kids

My 14yr old still says that though, despite me telling him not too!

He's got it from school, not from home, so it must still be used by parents in this part of the world.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 3106 viewsBenters2

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:37 - Jun 19 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, he does it entirely to draw the reaction. No need for it, as has been pointed out to him before.

Christ on a bike it was a tongue in cheek comment!
The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:29 - Jun 19 with 3095 viewswitchdoctor

The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:28 - Jun 19 by Benters2

Christ on a bike it was a tongue in cheek comment!

excactly...any opportununity mate...
What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 13:50 - Jun 19 with 3067 viewsDanTheMan

What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 19 by Slartibartfast

Why??? Are you one of the "leftie bummers" that Benters refers to.

I'd just like to point out Benters did not start the leftie bumfest thing.

However if anyone fancies joining, please send the application form, including gimp suit size, to either me or Funge.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:55 - Jun 19 with 3056 viewsbrazil1982

Not language issues, but I've just found out my M&D have separate insurances for all their appliances, including £130 annual washing machine insurance.

"Has the washing machine ever broken down"?
"Oh, yes about 3 years ago"
"So you used the insurance"
"No, Dad said it wasn't worth the trouble"

Mind boggling.
Login to get fewer ads

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:06 - Jun 19 with 3036 viewsBorisOrTrevor

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:41 - Jun 19 by artsbossbeard

Ha! That would blow their minds!

Virtue signalling par excellence. If you were ice cream you would lick yourself.

Most people are not in the remotest bit racist and all this “casual” racism and sexism nonsense, pathetic. Yes your grandma may have a slightly different view, but so no doubt might your black friends grandfather. Or your Muslim friends grandfather. Times change as do attitudes. Doesn’t mean you should sit in judgement of people who without, you wouldn’t be posting on this cr*ppy forum.

BOT

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:07 - Jun 19 with 3030 viewsfooters

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:06 - Jun 19 by BorisOrTrevor

Virtue signalling par excellence. If you were ice cream you would lick yourself.

Most people are not in the remotest bit racist and all this “casual” racism and sexism nonsense, pathetic. Yes your grandma may have a slightly different view, but so no doubt might your black friends grandfather. Or your Muslim friends grandfather. Times change as do attitudes. Doesn’t mean you should sit in judgement of people who without, you wouldn’t be posting on this cr*ppy forum.

Jesus wept.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:10 - Jun 19 with 3019 viewsartsbossbeard

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:06 - Jun 19 by BorisOrTrevor

Ooh, someone's tired.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:20 - Jun 19 with 2992 viewstractordownsouth

Weren't you the one moaning about " cultural marxism" the other day? Youre still yet to explain what it is and the problems of it

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:22 - Jun 19 with 2990 viewshype313

He was talking about his Mum and Dad.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:37 - Jun 19 with 2968 viewsjaykay

The older generation and their outlook on life on 13:29 - Jun 19 by witchdoctor

excactly...any opportununity mate...

and how would people know it was tongue and cheek. is he well known for his banter.
i think if he had used some of these people would then know it was in jest.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:42 - Jun 19 with 2957 viewsSpruceMoose

The older generation and their outlook on life on 14:20 - Jun 19 by tractordownsouth

Weren't you the one moaning about " cultural marxism" the other day? Youre still yet to explain what it is and the problems of it

Classic example of a troll breaking character and taking themselves seriously for a moment. Excuse me while I point and laugh.

Good one Boris, top blubbing lad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:03 - Jun 19 with 2916 viewspowinswitch

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:34 - Jun 19 by Ryorry

Less generalisation please.

Am in my late 60s, myself + friends around same age would be as disgusted as you by any form of racism. Also applies to friends in 70s and 80s (tho your comments did apply , unfortunately, to my own mother, who died aged mid-80s, five years ago - and also, rather sadly, to my bro who died in the 1970s age 29).

A thread, digging people out for generalising against people based on race, which generalises based on age. The title is a generalisation.

I am also baffled by a government post. The Minister for Women and Equalities. Am I the only one that thinks that is an oxymoron?

By the way, I am all for equality, and would wish everybody to be treated as an individual. I have a wonderful daughter, and a wonderful son, (who posts on here so I'd better be nice), and I want them both to fulfil their potential. In whatever (legal and morally positive) way they choose.
The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:20 - Jun 19 with 2884 viewsBenters2

Lol 😂
The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:25 - Jun 19 with 2870 viewsSpruceMoose

The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:20 - Jun 19 by Benters2

Lol 😂

Simple things please simple minds I guess...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:29 - Jun 19 with 2859 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nothing new here, think about your parents generation. We have the same conversation about you lot, trust me ;)
The older generation and their outlook on life on 15:43 - Jun 19 with 2818 viewsJohnWarksTash

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:06 - Jun 19 by Benters2

My next customer was evacuated during WW2 he hates Germans,it’s just the way some people are why can’t the offended Brothers see this?

Live and let live i say.

Didn't know you worked in Next........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024