Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The older generation and their outlook on life 08:33 - Jun 19 with 7851 viewsartsbossbeard

My M&D never cease to amaze me with their views and I'm assuming that I'm not alone with this.

Anyhoo, I was privy to a corker this weekend involving their garden pond pump stopping working/finding a new replacement/judging the new pump to be too expensive at £140/finding one on Gumtree.

M: "We were a bit worried because he was a foreigner living on Norwich Road but he was actually alright!"

More casual racism stories as they happen.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:40 - Jun 19 with 4554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tell them they have probably bought stolen goods!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:41 - Jun 19 with 4549 viewsartsbossbeard

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:40 - Jun 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Tell them they have probably bought stolen goods!

Ha! That would blow their minds!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:42 - Jun 19 with 4543 viewstextbackup

never gonna change them, my granddads opinions and language is up there with the best

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 4533 viewsartsbossbeard

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:42 - Jun 19 by textbackup

never gonna change them, my granddads opinions and language is up there with the best

Exactly! I've given up saying anything.

I do correct my Mum for saying 'shew' and not 'showed' but that's my limit.

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:46 - Jun 19 with 4527 viewsJoeSoap

I'm not wishing away a whole generation (being in my fifties means I'm almost part of it) but I find myself hoping that that sort of attitude/opinion passes with them as they go.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:03 - Jun 19 with 4457 viewsPJH

I suppose that at age 67 I am of the older generation but my mum at 92 is even more so.

I have posted this on here before but she tends to say things like "the doctor was black but he was nice" as though being black and nice are not compatible.
I do not think that she is intentionally racist in any way but that is just how a lot of people of her age have grown up to think.

Whilst I am 67 I consider myself to be a very young member of the older generation in outlook and in thinking.
The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:09 - Jun 19 with 4420 viewstextbackup

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:46 - Jun 19 by JoeSoap

I'm not wishing away a whole generation (being in my fifties means I'm almost part of it) but I find myself hoping that that sort of attitude/opinion passes with them as they go.

things that I grew up with, hearing etc, I wouldn't dream of saying them to my kids. the local shop was always called the P... shop, everyone said it, but now I wouldn't even think about saying it infront of the kids

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:15 - Jun 19 with 4416 viewsBenters2

To think me and taxi broke bread with you so to speak in the HH ! You really can’t tell these days who are the leftie bummers!
Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear silly Benters on 09:17 - Jun 19 with 4392 viewsDyland

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:15 - Jun 19 by Benters2

To think me and taxi broke bread with you so to speak in the HH ! You really can’t tell these days who are the leftie bummers!

Not racist = leftie bummers (sic)

Stay classy x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:29 - Jun 19 with 4338 viewsLord_Lucan

Why didn’t you phone me? I could probably have fixed it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:37 - Jun 19 with 4310 viewsartsbossbeard

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:29 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

Why didn’t you phone me? I could probably have fixed it.

I didn't know there was an issue 'til they resolved it.

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:06 - Jun 19 with 4251 viewsSlambo

The older generation and their outlook on life on 08:44 - Jun 19 by artsbossbeard

Exactly! I've given up saying anything.

I do correct my Mum for saying 'shew' and not 'showed' but that's my limit.

That's just good ol' Suffolk vernacular, no need to correct her! In fact, we should be teaching it in schools! Along with:

writ (instead of 'wrote')
driv (instead of 'drove')
rid (instead of 'rode')
bet (instead of 'beat')

And of course 'gawn' instead of 'going'. That should be on the bloody coat of arms...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:29 - Jun 19 with 4215 viewsnoggin

The older generation and their outlook on life on 09:15 - Jun 19 by Benters2

FFS. You really are becoming a spiteful moron. Can't you leave TWTD and find a EDL forum to entertain yourself with.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:32 - Jun 19 with 4202 viewsSlartibartfast

Perhaps you should have more respect for your parents and their views?
What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 10:34 - Jun 19 with 4196 viewsDyland

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:32 - Jun 19 by Slartibartfast

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:47 - Jun 19 with 4161 viewsBenters2

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:29 - Jun 19 by noggin

FFS. You really are becoming a spiteful moron. Can't you leave TWTD and find a EDL forum to entertain yourself with.

It was tongue in cheek but you roll on brother being offended!

Have a puff on something and chill x
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:09]
The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:47 - Jun 19 with 4161 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:32 - Jun 19 by Slartibartfast

He is respecting them by not jumping in and saying anything.
What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 19 with 4128 viewsSlartibartfast

What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 10:34 - Jun 19 by Dyland

Why??? Are you one of the "leftie bummers" that Benters refers to.
The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:56 - Jun 19 with 4121 viewswitchdoctor

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:29 - Jun 19 by noggin

just you on the benters bashing bandwagon today mate...but give it time...I’m sure the usual suspects will be jumping aboard peresently..👍
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:58]
The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:58 - Jun 19 with 4106 viewsPiercingBlue

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:06 - Jun 19 by Slambo

That's just good ol' Suffolk vernacular, no need to correct her! In fact, we should be teaching it in schools! Along with:

writ (instead of 'wrote')
driv (instead of 'drove')
rid (instead of 'rode')
bet (instead of 'beat')

And of course 'gawn' instead of 'going'. That should be on the bloody coat of arms...

and of course 'tao-un'
The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:58 - Jun 19 with 4105 viewsfooters

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:47 - Jun 19 by Benters2

I reckon SamPamsDisco would agree with you. Have you met each other yet? Bit odd we haven't heard from him recently.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:01 - Jun 19 with 4090 viewsHurleyBurley

I don't like to admit it, but I've also been a little bit prejudiced against people living on Norwich Road too.

Not sure it makes me racist though.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:03 - Jun 19 with 4081 viewsnoggin

The older generation and their outlook on life on 10:47 - Jun 19 by Benters2

I'm not offended by you because I'm white and British.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The older generation and their outlook on life on 11:06 - Jun 19 with 4064 viewsBenters2

My next customer was evacuated during WW2 he hates Germans,it’s just the way some people are why can’t the offended Brothers see this?

Live and let live i say.
What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 11:11 - Jun 19 with 4042 viewsDyland

What a ridiculous bollix comment (n/t) on 10:55 - Jun 19 by Slartibartfast

Why??? Are you one of the "leftie bummers" that Benters refers to.

No, it's because lecturing someone about how they should respect their parents based on what the OP wrote is ridiculous bollix.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024