Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased that England play fairly....... 08:46 - Jun 19 with 1380 viewsSquatterMadras

Pleased that England play fairly (as much as you can these days), but what do teams ever win when they do that? There were enough examples last night. One that stood out for me was the incident where Lingard hit the post. He jumped over the outstretched legs of their advancing keeper instead of allowing a bit of contact and going down for the penalty (like the cunning [sp] Ronaldo would have done). Also, we weren't in the face of the ref, as other teams would have been with some of the odd decisions he made, or that he chose not to make.

Poll: What has Evans lent ITFC in total over the 3 financial years 2015-2017?

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 08:47 - Jun 19 with 1371 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm pleased that we didnt resort to the antics that Tunisia did. Shameful behaviour from them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 08:49 - Jun 19 with 1367 viewsMattinLondon

It’s a bit like the news - there has always been as much crime but everything is highlighted so much now that it feels that that isn’t the case.

Players have always cheated since day one
Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:10 - Jun 19 with 1323 viewsSquatterMadras

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 08:49 - Jun 19 by MattinLondon

It’s a bit like the news - there has always been as much crime but everything is highlighted so much now that it feels that that isn’t the case.

Players have always cheated since day one

Interesting POV. I wanted to respectfully disagree, but thinking about it, I agree that teams like dirty Leeds profited years ago with their rule bending and thuggery, and West Germany won numerous penalties, not least of which the 1974 WC Final, with dives. Not to mention the "Hand of God" incident. You would have thought that with so many cameras inside stadia and assistance to refs these days that it should and could be kept to a minimum though, wouldn't you? I guess that there remains widespread acceptance of this within football circles, including the governing bodies. Will football (FIFA) ever really clean up its act?

Poll: What has Evans lent ITFC in total over the 3 financial years 2015-2017?

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:33 - Jun 19 with 1292 viewsDeano69

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 08:47 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm pleased that we didnt resort to the antics that Tunisia did. Shameful behaviour from them.

They contested every throw in, free kick and challenge. Even to the point of a blatant handball against them a few feet from the ref. Wasn't nice to watch and I thought we showed a great deal of class not to get involved.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:37 - Jun 19 with 1285 viewsDyland

I'm pretty pleased they generally rose above it and were professional and didn't resort to hot headed ref baiting or cheating of their own. There were England players guilty of it (and will be) in the next two games but Tunisia seemed to play up as a team the whole of the second half. Pathetic stuff.

Normally I'm wincing at how unclassy our players are but they performed admirably last night, a bit of second half creative cluelessness in the final third (nerves or tiredness or both?) notwithstanding.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 9:39]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:42 - Jun 19 with 1278 viewsNo9

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:33 - Jun 19 by Deano69

They contested every throw in, free kick and challenge. Even to the point of a blatant handball against them a few feet from the ref. Wasn't nice to watch and I thought we showed a great deal of class not to get involved.

Agreed, looks like very good schooling by Gareth S & coaches?
Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 1273 viewsbrazil1982

Ref was very weak.
Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:54 - Jun 19 with 1254 viewsDeano69

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 09:45 - Jun 19 by brazil1982

Ref was very weak.

He who shouted loudest, got the decision. Not great

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 10:00 - Jun 19 with 1243 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lol, I did notice re the throw ins.

I think if one of their players had put the ball up their shirt and walked off the pitch with it they would have claimed it was their throw!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pleased that England play fairly....... on 10:07 - Jun 19 with 1234 viewsFtnfwest

do agree. i have to say if Kane had screamed like a baby on those wrestling incidents we'd have probably got one or two pens because thats what their guy did for their pen. But i'm glad he didnt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024