Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) 08:59 - Jun 19 with 4228 viewsartsbossbeard

I've got a relatively free day and fancy a new golfing challenge, can anyone assist?

I'm an Alnesbourne Priory & Bramford user - what other decent options have I got? Is Fynn Valley alright? Any others for my consideration?

Willing to travel out of Ipswich.

Thanks in advance.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 09:02 - Jun 19 with 4213 viewsfactual_blue

http://www.congorapids.co.uk/woodbridge/

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 09:07 - Jun 19 with 4191 viewsartsbossbeard

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 09:02 - Jun 19 by factual_blue

http://www.congorapids.co.uk/woodbridge/

I might be able to drive the green on a couple.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:00 - Jun 19 with 4103 viewswitchdoctor

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 09:07 - Jun 19 by artsbossbeard

I might be able to drive the green on a couple.

Purdis has a decent 9 hole mate..👍
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:24 - Jun 19 with 4084 viewsWubbleU

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:00 - Jun 19 by witchdoctor

Woodbridge 9 hole is excellent. Longer than Nacton or Bramford but quite wide fairways. Always been made to feel welcome.
Felixstowe 9 hole is another cracker for pay and play.
Purdis is good but bit expensive.
Seckford if you want 18 holes.
Waldringfield is still good for pay and play, only the back 9 open these days but only £10.
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:28 - Jun 19 with 4078 viewshype313

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:24 - Jun 19 by WubbleU

Woodbridge 9 hole is excellent. Longer than Nacton or Bramford but quite wide fairways. Always been made to feel welcome.
Felixstowe 9 hole is another cracker for pay and play.
Purdis is good but bit expensive.
Seckford if you want 18 holes.
Waldringfield is still good for pay and play, only the back 9 open these days but only £10.

Is Waldringfield still closing? Heard it had been sold to developers?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 4056 viewsthorpedo

Brett Vale is my favourite local course - not too long but a good challenge set in the gorgeous Dedham Valley area. Ufford Park is a great, but tough, course.
Have been playing Waldringfield a bit lately as just a tenner in an honesty box to play these days, but just the back 9 open. I have heard that planning permission has been denied, so who knows what will happen with it.

Thorpedo

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 4055 viewsWubbleU

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:28 - Jun 19 by hype313

Is Waldringfield still closing? Heard it had been sold to developers?

Not sure on Waldringfield. Think the plan is to build on some and keep a 9 hole too. Think it might be in some sort of planning dispute.
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:43 - Jun 19 with 4046 viewsBluespeed225

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:00 - Jun 19 by witchdoctor

Is it still a one off fee for as long as you like? Used to be a tenner, play until you had enough, great value, but you did need the proper shoes etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:20 - Jun 19 with 3977 viewswitchdoctor

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:43 - Jun 19 by Bluespeed225

Is it still a one off fee for as long as you like? Used to be a tenner, play until you had enough, great value, but you did need the proper shoes etc.

not sure mate..been yonks since I played there...or anywhere for that matter but indeed it used to be as long as you liked
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 13:32]
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:26 - Jun 19 with 3963 viewsLuk38644

Try the Aldeburgh 9 hole.

That's where I tend to play when I go with my mates and it's a really nice course. The 3rd is long and goes downhill towards the green which is right next to the river Alde.

I also concur regarding Woodbridge 9 hole.
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:29 - Jun 19 with 3958 viewsITFCson

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:26 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

That's where I tend to play when I go with my mates and it's a really nice course. The 3rd is long and goes downhill towards the green which is right next to the river Alde.

Suffolk water park is only a fiver on tuesdays, not the best maintained course but nice setting and usually quiet so no waiting for people in front or having people catch you up
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 3912 viewsTractorWood

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:26 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

Played there once and the greens were incredible. The 18 hole is an absolute brute, bordering on USGA on some holes in hot and bouncy conditions.

Bury 9 hole is nice. Good mix of long and short holes.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 3900 viewslukey130490

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 11:43 - Jun 19 by Bluespeed225

It's £14 now, but still as much as you like
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 14:06 - Jun 19 with 3898 viewsLuk38644

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 13:57 - Jun 19 by TractorWood

Played there once and the greens were incredible. The 18 hole is an absolute brute, bordering on USGA on some holes in hot and bouncy conditions.

Bury 9 hole is nice. Good mix of long and short holes.

They use the same maintenance equipment on the 9-hole as they do the 18 hole course which is in the top 100 courses in the country.

They're renovating the 4th hole and the new green was laid in March with the finest sports turf about. It looks amazing.

Only £9.50 too!
Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 15:59 - Jun 19 with 3830 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm sure you all wanted an update. I played Bramford again today but it wasn't helped by it being muggy hot with little bitey insects around the water areas. The Greens weren't in top nick either.

will take note on the other courses as I've got some spare time again on Friday.
Much appreciated, thanks all.

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 3730 viewsVic

Aldeburgh 9 hole is the best I’ve played.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pay as you play golf courses (Ipswich) on 07:38 - Jun 20 with 3639 viewsJakeITFC

Seckford is a often cheap (look on tee off times) and a step up from the 9 hope courses around.

I’ve done their points for golf membership this year which is really good value if you play semi-regularly (especially twilight).

Course is in really good nick atm as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024