Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Audi problems... 09:05 - Jun 19 with 10686 viewsTIB

Took my S3 in yesterday after 4 months of ownership as every now and then when I shift in manual it makes a clunking noise (S Tronic box). Took a mechanic out to try and show him but explained the issue happened only occasionally...we pull out of the dealership and it does it straight away. I left the car with them all day yesterday and went back last night thinking they'd have an answer...but no.

"Mr TIB we've run all the diagnostic tests on the car and cannot find any faults with it. We recommend you keeping driving the car to develop the problem further at which point we will be in a better position to fix it".

Has anyone ever had such advice from a dealership? Couldn't believe it and said I'd be bringing it back in 2 weeks and would like them to look again which they've agreed but still, I expected a better response to the issue than basically keep driving your faulty car until it's totally f**ked.

Car is under a year old and 7k miles on it. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had issues with the S Tronic box (I'm assuming its a gearbox issue).

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Audi problems... on 11:20 - Jun 19 with 3138 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 11:14 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

I didn't say they had, to either of those. Just that he's on good ground given that they've already acknowledged there's something's up, and should worry about going back. Which was what the OP was all about. Something's got lost in translation.

Just spoken to service guy and he's sending yesterdays report over to me via email to acknowledge everything. Just told him again that I'm a bit disappointed that for such a prestigious brand, they've sent me away to basically do more damage to the car.

Being the S3 (performance line) I wonder if JCT600 don't have technicians in there who have the knowledge of this range...that would surprise me though as they sell a lot of them and the R8's

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:21 - Jun 19 with 3137 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 11:14 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

I didn't say they had, to either of those. Just that he's on good ground given that they've already acknowledged there's something's up, and should worry about going back. Which was what the OP was all about. Something's got lost in translation.

Audi problems... on 11:23 - Jun 19 with 3136 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Audi problems... on 11:20 - Jun 19 by TIB

Just spoken to service guy and he's sending yesterdays report over to me via email to acknowledge everything. Just told him again that I'm a bit disappointed that for such a prestigious brand, they've sent me away to basically do more damage to the car.

Being the S3 (performance line) I wonder if JCT600 don't have technicians in there who have the knowledge of this range...that would surprise me though as they sell a lot of them and the R8's

Prestigious brand?

Notwithstanding the the emissions scandal and recent arrest of their CEO? ;-)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:24]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Audi problems... on 11:24 - Jun 19 with 3132 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 11:23 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Prestigious brand?

Notwithstanding the the emissions scandal and recent arrest of their CEO? ;-)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:24]

*previously prestigious brand then Mullet

Audi problems... on 11:28 - Jun 19 with 3130 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Audi problems... on 11:24 - Jun 19 by TIB

*previously prestigious brand then Mullet

;-)

Was just kidding. Most of the cars I've had have been Audis (and occasional VW), all been pretty good bar one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Audi problems... on 11:32 - Jun 19 with 3124 viewsLeBlue

I've had a series of poor experiences with Audi and VW main dealers.

Had my A4 (2 years old) serviced at a main Audi dealer. Had to get it done by them to maintain warranty. Driving home along the M4 and the steering wheel started vibrating. Pulled over and all of the bolts on the front n/s wheel were loose. They'd forgotten to tighten them up properly.......

They didn't really seem to grasp the potential life threatening consequences of their actions, offered me 10% off next service. Yeah, right.

VW Touareg - again under warranty. Leak from the sunroof when driving at speed in rain. Had it in to the dealer 4 times as they couldn't replicate the fault. Each time they told me that they had poured a bucket of water over it and there was no leak, despite me saying that it only happed when travelling in excess of 60 mph in heavy rain. They weren't prepared to do any more until I videoed the leak when it was happening and told them that if they did not fix it on the next visit, I would demand a full refund on the vehicle and would take legal action to secure this. Only then did they replace the sunroof housing (£700 part plus 5 hours labour) and, hey ho, problem fixed.

Absolutely hate main dealers. All shiny and gushing when they want to sell you the car, not a clue on how to properly 'mechanic'.
Audi problems... on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 3119 viewsMJallday

had a similar issue with the electrics on the ST. Ford hoped i would go away. unfortunatley it was a costly fix for them)

personally, i wouldnt let it drop. theyre hoping it will go away, you will go away, or at least break after the warranty period (ford tied this

if you arent satisfied with the initial repsonce, go to the head of service. if your not happy go to the head of dealership and namedrop audi centrral - and get them involved - they will contact the dealer.

good luck

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Audi problems... on 12:00 - Jun 19 with 3109 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Check your inbox.

Have sent you the main mans e-mail address.

It will go directly to him. I had issues with their sales team at another dealership.

Login to get fewer ads

Audi problems... on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 3090 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 11:38 - Jun 19 by MJallday

had a similar issue with the electrics on the ST. Ford hoped i would go away. unfortunatley it was a costly fix for them)

personally, i wouldnt let it drop. theyre hoping it will go away, you will go away, or at least break after the warranty period (ford tied this

if you arent satisfied with the initial repsonce, go to the head of service. if your not happy go to the head of dealership and namedrop audi centrral - and get them involved - they will contact the dealer.

good luck

Calling Audi now to get their thoughts and then will keep on at them...like you said, can't let it drop as I'd imagine if they see it's gear box issue they'll know it's an expensive fix.

Audi problems... on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 3086 viewsBurwell_Blue

Audi problems... on 09:25 - Jun 19 by TIB

JCT600 at Lincoln. I'll be contacting them today to put in writing their advice from yesterday. I've also got emails from a few weeks after I purchased the car where I raised the issue and was told it was ok.

"JCT600 at Lincoln"

And there lieth the issue.
Audi problems... on 12:26 - Jun 19 with 3082 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Audi problems... on 12:21 - Jun 19 by TIB

Calling Audi now to get their thoughts and then will keep on at them...like you said, can't let it drop as I'd imagine if they see it's gear box issue they'll know it's an expensive fix.

I doubt the expense will be a consideration for JCT.

If its covered under Audi warranty then JCT will make money from it as they will get paid for the work they do.

Audi problems... on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 3070 viewsMJallday

Audi problems... on 12:21 - Jun 19 by TIB

friend of mine had a quote from audi about TWO of ceramic brakes on his RS6 - he was quoted £7k

and i case you think im joking. here is a link...

http://www.killerbrakes.com/product/audi-rs6-rs7-carbon-ceramic-brakes-420x40mm-

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Audi problems... on 13:05 - Jun 19 with 3054 viewsWokinghamBlue

A colleague had a similar issue on his S3, car jerked from 2nd to 3rd gears at low revs

Will find out more and will PM you
Audi problems... on 13:12 - Jun 19 with 3049 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 13:05 - Jun 19 by WokinghamBlue

A colleague had a similar issue on his S3, car jerked from 2nd to 3rd gears at low revs

Will find out more and will PM you

Cheers Wokingham. I've tried hunting around on forums but would be good to know the issue with your mates and the fix

Audi problems... on 15:16 - Jun 19 with 3007 viewsNo9

Audi problems... on 12:26 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

I doubt the expense will be a consideration for JCT.

If its covered under Audi warranty then JCT will make money from it as they will get paid for the work they do.

Most factories pay well under the garage techniciam charge out rate for warranty work which is why a lot of the larger dealers don't want to do warranty work. They hope you will take your problems elsewhere.
Audi problems... on 13:31 - Jun 25 with 2937 viewsTIB

Update...

Continued to drive the car as advised by the dealership. Saturday I was pulling out of a petrol station and it did the fault again, this time in automatic, all power went and because of this another vehicle almost went in the back of me.

Have told the garage I don't want it back until its fixed but having read about consumer rights and having an email chain where I've questioned the cars functioning just 10 days after purchase, I'm toying with handing it back / requesting a like-for-like replacement. I have no confidence in the car and worry that even if they fix it, what other damage has been caused by me driving it?

Anyone got advise for such a situation?

Audi problems... on 13:34 - Jun 25 with 2926 viewsDeano69

Audi problems... on 13:31 - Jun 25 by TIB

Update...

Continued to drive the car as advised by the dealership. Saturday I was pulling out of a petrol station and it did the fault again, this time in automatic, all power went and because of this another vehicle almost went in the back of me.

Have told the garage I don't want it back until its fixed but having read about consumer rights and having an email chain where I've questioned the cars functioning just 10 days after purchase, I'm toying with handing it back / requesting a like-for-like replacement. I have no confidence in the car and worry that even if they fix it, what other damage has been caused by me driving it?

Anyone got advise for such a situation?

How did you get on with Audi direct?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Audi problems... on 13:41 - Jun 25 with 2916 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Why on earth would you change gear manually if you don't have to?

I tried it once when I got my car - never again.
Audi problems... on 14:46 - Jun 25 with 2871 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 13:34 - Jun 25 by Deano69

How did you get on with Audi direct?

They've opened a case over it. They didn't like the fact I was sent away last week in a faulty car and told to keep driving it until the issue got worse. They said they would call me today before midday but still not heard anything although I think this might be due to me since emailing them to say the car is back in the dealership.

In general it sounds like I'll get things done better through them than the dealer as the manager at the dealership drove the car Saturday and claimed it drove fine, despite him recognising that in Dynamic mode the power wasn't consistent!?!

Audi problems... on 16:04 - Jun 25 with 2851 viewsDeano69

Audi problems... on 14:46 - Jun 25 by TIB

They've opened a case over it. They didn't like the fact I was sent away last week in a faulty car and told to keep driving it until the issue got worse. They said they would call me today before midday but still not heard anything although I think this might be due to me since emailing them to say the car is back in the dealership.

In general it sounds like I'll get things done better through them than the dealer as the manager at the dealership drove the car Saturday and claimed it drove fine, despite him recognising that in Dynamic mode the power wasn't consistent!?!

Promising. They given you anything to drive around in while they have yours?

Audi problems... on 16:12 - Jun 25 with 2843 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 16:04 - Jun 25 by Deano69

Promising. They given you anything to drive around in while they have yours?

Yeah I've got a diesel VW Tiguan...a lot more economical than the S3 lol. I've just been reading about asking for a replacement like-for-like car and it seems this is a realistic option as the car is less than six months old and I reported the problem so early into ownership...it appears there is a fair few on the used site like mine.

Audi problems... on 18:31 - Jun 25 with 2790 viewsshoopdelang

Probably better off seeking help off an Audi forum. Where everyone on there will either have knowledge of or own an Audi.
Audi problems... on 18:45 - Jun 25 with 2784 viewsDeano69

Audi problems... on 16:12 - Jun 25 by TIB

Yeah I've got a diesel VW Tiguan...a lot more economical than the S3 lol. I've just been reading about asking for a replacement like-for-like car and it seems this is a realistic option as the car is less than six months old and I reported the problem so early into ownership...it appears there is a fair few on the used site like mine.

Sounds like you have a reasonable case there.

Audi problems... on 19:49 - Jun 25 with 2771 viewsTIB

Audi problems... on 18:31 - Jun 25 by shoopdelang

Probably better off seeking help off an Audi forum. Where everyone on there will either have knowledge of or own an Audi.

WokinghamBlue spoke to a friend who had same issue with same car, I’ve since looked at the issue on some forums and it fully matches up to my symptoms. I told the garage about the Mechatronic unit issue with Audi and VW auto gearboxes and suggested looking at that but he discounted it as “there is lots of rubbish on the internet” . Couldn’t find a fault and wouldn’t ordain my suggestion...more great service.

Audi problems... on 05:52 - Jun 26 with 2729 viewsBurwell_Blue

Audi problems... on 18:31 - Jun 25 by shoopdelang

Still trying to fathom why you would drop 40 large on a car and not get it direct from a dealer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024