Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. 09:39 - Jun 19 with 9831 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok their penalty is the sort of thing that is given these days but we had two clear penalties and I thought with the introduction of VAR these lack of decisions were going to stop. Also Tunisian players were constantly stamping on our players feet. Surely VAR officials are there to have a word in the refs ear?

I think questions need to be asked, The FA should launch an investigation.

If Putin can affect BREXIT and USA elections he can quite easily infiltrate officials and FIFA.

Plain as day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:17 - Jun 19 with 4893 viewsTractorWood

In fairness the ref has previous for being awful. I don't think it was premeditated, just not up to it. Doesn't also excuse the half a dozen gilt edges chances we missed in the first half.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/who-is-wilmar-roldan-the-referee-in-charge-of-the-tu

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:21 - Jun 19 with 4886 viewsTJS

They probably disconnected the link between the VAR room and the ref for 30 seconds each time England were in the Tunisian penalty area.
If the FIFA officials had tried to alert the ref they could easily have pretended he got the alert but ignored it.
The way that Tunisian defender smiled after he had practically done a judo throw on Kane seemed very strange - almost as if he knew he was going to get away with it.
Chances are it probably was all just incompetence but it does raise concerns about how VAR could be used to interfere with matches.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:22 - Jun 19 with 4884 viewsTLA

This thread has been a bit of catharsis for me as I was fuming last night. My celebration of the goal was a little OTT but it was for justice in the game, rather than the win.

The Tunisia penalty was soft, whilst we could have had three. They also got away with fouls, standing a foot away from our free kick takers for as long as they could and badgered the ref for everything.

Loved that goal!
Absurd on 10:23 - Jun 19 with 4881 viewsPhilTWTD

Absurd on 10:06 - Jun 19 by IpswichKnight

Didn't we get a penalty at Reading a few years back for exactly this, then Jonas went and did the exact same thing in the last minute!

Pitman dived for that one, the ref having already shown he was up for giving soft penalties for the very harsh handball given against Ward.

Knudsen one was the only one which was probably the right decision on that night and even he played into Van den Berg's hands by doing exactly what he wanted him to do when he deliberately ran into him. Not really comparable with the Walker incident, more similar to the Kane drag downs.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:31 - Jun 19 with 4849 viewsBent_double

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:59 - Jun 19 by Currie10

ONE clear penalty.

People cannot seem to spot Stones blatent push on the Tunisian, that was equally as blatent as the rugby tackle on Kane in the same move for the first ' penalty '.

Therefore, that cannot be a penalty.

The second is of course.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:00]

Only spotted it with the benefit of a reply, so you're right, the Stones foul on the Tunisian player would have meant freekick to them rather than penalty to us, but as it was, play just continued, so did the VAR team spot both and tell the ref that there was nothing to stop play for, or did they ignore both incidents completely?

Not a big rugby fan, but when they go to the VAR equivalent, you hear the referee ask the TV ref what he is looking for/why a try should be given or not, for example, and it's very clear to everyone. At the moment it's still unclear in football as to whether VAR has been consulted or not.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 4793 viewsJohnny_Boy

I wouldn't personally look into the context too much.
I just think the general standard of referees & lines folk @ the tournament are simply not good enough. Throw into the mix the introduction of VAR & the level of rubbish officiating is only enhanced.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:40]
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:41 - Jun 19 with 4784 viewsGlebeTractor

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:59 - Jun 19 by Currie10

ONE clear penalty.

People cannot seem to spot Stones blatent push on the Tunisian, that was equally as blatent as the rugby tackle on Kane in the same move for the first ' penalty '.

The second is of course.

As a referee, you punish the first offence.

I too agree, an obvious push from England 1st which quite could have resulted in a defensive free kick anyway!

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:42 - Jun 19 with 4787 viewsFtnfwest

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:38 - Jun 19 by Johnny_Boy

I just think the general standard of referees & lines folk @ the tournament are simply not good enough. Throw into the mix the introduction of VAR & the level of rubbish officiating is only enhanced.

Very true. Usually its the behind goal champions league officials that never make a decision. Last night there were several throw in decisions that neither the linesman or ref wanted to make (wrong both ways i have to say). Plus that outrageous foul throw in the second half, the guy held on so long the ball had almost touched the grass by the time he let it go!
Login to get fewer ads

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 4731 viewsJohnny_Boy

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:42 - Jun 19 by Ftnfwest

Very true. Usually its the behind goal champions league officials that never make a decision. Last night there were several throw in decisions that neither the linesman or ref wanted to make (wrong both ways i have to say). Plus that outrageous foul throw in the second half, the guy held on so long the ball had almost touched the grass by the time he let it go!

I heard the linesmen were under instructions NOT to be too quick for offside decisions - either favouring the striker - or the VAR team can 'communicate' to the ref (vibrating watch a la Over The Line)

Still flabbergasted not a single Prem referee was chosen for the tournament. That's a bit odd.

Yes! The foul throws! My bugbear. The referee penalised somebody the other day, giving the opposition the ball. The players' faces. Goodness me. The foul throws have been given the blind eye.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 16:00 - Jun 19 with 4644 viewsCurrie10

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:01 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Which rugby tackle on Kane, there were two. lol

The first :)
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 16:48 - Jun 19 with 4608 viewsLord_Lucan

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:22 - Jun 19 by TLA

This thread has been a bit of catharsis for me as I was fuming last night. My celebration of the goal was a little OTT but it was for justice in the game, rather than the win.

The Tunisia penalty was soft, whilst we could have had three. They also got away with fouls, standing a foot away from our free kick takers for as long as they could and badgered the ref for everything.

Loved that goal!

I reckon The FA have complained as Fifa are looking into VAR - especially the England game

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 16:54 - Jun 19 with 4602 viewsDanFord

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 12:35 - Jun 19 by Johnny_Boy

I heard the linesmen were under instructions NOT to be too quick for offside decisions - either favouring the striker - or the VAR team can 'communicate' to the ref (vibrating watch a la Over The Line)

Still flabbergasted not a single Prem referee was chosen for the tournament. That's a bit odd.

Yes! The foul throws! My bugbear. The referee penalised somebody the other day, giving the opposition the ball. The players' faces. Goodness me. The foul throws have been given the blind eye.

Quite simply there is no way that FIFA genuinely chose the best referees for the job and decided not to go for any English ones. The biggest league in the world, with the most experience of handling world class players and big occasions and egos and they go with people that have refereed in front of 300 fans in the Mozambique championship. Definitely not right.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:19 - Jun 19 with 4530 viewsLeoMuff

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 16:54 - Jun 19 by DanFord

Quite simply there is no way that FIFA genuinely chose the best referees for the job and decided not to go for any English ones. The biggest league in the world, with the most experience of handling world class players and big occasions and egos and they go with people that have refereed in front of 300 fans in the Mozambique championship. Definitely not right.

Fifa definatly have an agenda against us , you only have to look at the fact we have the most successful league in the world and one of the best fan bases and infrastructure yet we haven’t hosted it for over 50 years and USA will have done so twice, Qatar got the nod over us ffs.

They don’t like the power of money prem , particularly when we were dominant in the champions league for a time, and our media expose of corruption.

You look at some of the decisions we have had in big games and you have to question it - hand of god, beckham/Rooney red, Campbell disallowed goal, Koeman prof foul, Lampard goal, last nights pen.. no other country comes close, having said that we have played cr@p in the vast majority.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:25 - Jun 19 with 4521 viewsMelford

First thing I thought about when I heard VAR was in the World Cup, I thought nice one because of Godin and his Uruguayan mate just flattening everyone every corner we had in that game in 2014. Thought all that sh*t would be cut out now, but no. Two blatant penalties, before every crossed free-kick and corner the ref was like a boxing ref seperating them on the edge of the box but not once did he get his card out

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:41 - Jun 19 with 4499 viewsm14_blue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 16:54 - Jun 19 by DanFord

It's because Clattenberg was our selected ref and then he left to work abroad.

It's a (silly) technicality, not a conspiracy.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:43 - Jun 19 with 4491 viewsm14_blue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 10:22 - Jun 19 by TLA

Loved that goal!

Couldn't believe it when the ref indicated that Kane had dived after one of the rugby tackles.

This from the same referee who gave Tunisia's number 8 a penalty and did nothing at a about their incessant cheating.

The goal was particularly sweet.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:55 - Jun 19 with 4476 viewsconnorscontract

ONE clear penalty.

The second is of course.

I agree with this. A clear foul by Stones, a clear foul on Kane. It's possible that VAR saw the Stones foul as prior to the wrestle to the floor.
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 20:52 - Jun 19 with 4433 viewsbluelou

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 19:19 - Jun 19 by LeoMuff

Fifa definatly have an agenda against us , you only have to look at the fact we have the most successful league in the world and one of the best fan bases and infrastructure yet we haven’t hosted it for over 50 years and USA will have done so twice, Qatar got the nod over us ffs.

They don’t like the power of money prem , particularly when we were dominant in the champions league for a time, and our media expose of corruption.

You look at some of the decisions we have had in big games and you have to question it - hand of god, beckham/Rooney red, Campbell disallowed goal, Koeman prof foul, Lampard goal, last nights pen.. no other country comes close, having said that we have played cr@p in the vast majority.

Qatar didn’t. Russia did

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:14 - Jun 19 with 4409 viewsKeaneish

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by brazil1982

It was certainly a penalty for Tunisia.

How the VAR ignored the wrestling of Kane is a mystery and questions certainly have to be asked.

When do we ever get the rub of the green though?

Certainly a penalty? Think this might call for a TWTD poll. I'd say it certainly wasn't a penalty and it was a laughable decision.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:14 - Jun 19 with 4409 viewsTrequartista

The problem is that VAR hasn't been thought through, and if they use it to give penalties for every offence we will have 6 penalties a game. (There have already been an extraordinary amount so far). Therefore they conveniently ignore these offences to avoid turning the game into a farce.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 4387 viewsHurleyBurley

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 09:44 - Jun 19 by brazil1982

It was certainly a penalty for Tunisia.

How the VAR ignored the wrestling of Kane is a mystery and questions certainly have to be asked.

When do we ever get the rub of the green though?

The Kane non-penalties were really bizarre but we should have been 3 up by that point anyway. The right result happened in the end.

As for rub of the green - I reckon we couldn't have been drawn in a much better group. If we do finish 2nd, we've probably got the weakest group winner to play.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:45 - Jun 19 with 4362 viewsRadlett_blue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:14 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

The problem is that VAR hasn't been thought through, and if they use it to give penalties for every offence we will have 6 penalties a game. (There have already been an extraordinary amount so far). Therefore they conveniently ignore these offences to avoid turning the game into a farce.

You're right, but corner kicks present a particular problem as umpteen holding offences are taking place, largely by the defending side. For the first foul on Kane at a corner, yes, it was a blatant foul but Stones had also shoved a Tunisian in the back so what do you give? There are so many players trying to block each other so it's near impossible for the ref to give something.
The ref clearly wasn't interested having VAR look at corner kicks & most probably won't unless they think that a clear goal scoring opportunity has been denied.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:53 - Jun 19 with 4354 viewsNo9

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:14 - Jun 19 by Keaneish

Certainly a penalty? Think this might call for a TWTD poll. I'd say it certainly wasn't a penalty and it was a laughable decision.

As a matter of interest, how wasn't it a penalty?
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 22:02 - Jun 19 with 4342 viewspeterleeblue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 21:26 - Jun 19 by HurleyBurley

The Kane non-penalties were really bizarre but we should have been 3 up by that point anyway. The right result happened in the end.

As for rub of the green - I reckon we couldn't have been drawn in a much better group. If we do finish 2nd, we've probably got the weakest group winner to play.

That's because that's a draw and not subject to any conspiracy theories.
I do accept that we have been lucky here but that simply balances out the last World cup of Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica
I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 22:05 - Jun 19 with 4340 viewspeterleeblue

I genuinely think England are being cheated by FIFA, Russia and the world. on 11:38 - Jun 19 by Johnny_Boy

If it wasn't for VAR correcting a great number of decisions the officiating so far would be being described as diabolical as has been in previous tournaments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024