Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyprus 10:41 - Jun 19 with 1981 viewsitfcjoe

Morning all - am here for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any travel tips?

Am in Pafos, and have car to get about. Is it worth heading up to North Cyprus like Nicosia?

I was in Cyprus earlier this year with family, so not a total novice.

Will be going to Latchi and doing Blue Lagoon boat your for Mrs birthday tomorrow. Also have anniversary next week (with a toddler here) so recommendations grayefully accepted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cyprus on 10:42 - Jun 19 with 1971 viewsBlueBadger

A trip into the Troodos mountains is well worth it, particularly if you can get a guid that's got a four wheel drive and can go off road onto some of the tracks that are all over. Although that might be somewhat challenging with a toddler in tow!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cyprus on 10:47 - Jun 19 with 1946 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

We went last year and we loved the Kato Paphos Archaeological Park (by the harbour). Have fun!
Cyprus on 10:49 - Jun 19 with 1937 viewsfooters

Ask who invented humous then sit back and watch. Enjoy!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cyprus on 10:56 - Jun 19 with 1914 viewsdusseldorf_blue

We are going again, in August, will stay in Polis

Plan to visit the North this time and do some walking in the mountains, although August will be hot!

We rented a speed boat from Latchi Watersports, that was a great day lots of fun. We also found a really great beach club for chilling out, Santa Barbara Resto & Beach Bar. Free sun lounges and a great menu for lunch and of course Keo beer.

Also open to suggestions from others of interesting things to do.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:14]
Cyprus on 11:09 - Jun 19 with 1877 viewsitfcjoe

Cyprus on 10:42 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

A trip into the Troodos mountains is well worth it, particularly if you can get a guid that's got a four wheel drive and can go off road onto some of the tracks that are all over. Although that might be somewhat challenging with a toddler in tow!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 10:43]

We didn’t get there last time so that is something I’m keen to do - what are options outside of hammering it around with a guide?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cyprus on 11:20 - Jun 19 with 1849 viewsALF

Cyprus on 11:09 - Jun 19 by itfcjoe

We didn’t get there last time so that is something I’m keen to do - what are options outside of hammering it around with a guide?!

I lived in Cyprus for 14 months - used to regularly walk round Troodos - there's a track that goes right round. Takes you via the ski resort and past the Base. Used to go into the North too to Kyrenia regularly. Paphos was a great place to stay.
Cyprus on 14:31 - Jun 19 with 1725 viewsBLUEBEAT

King John’s castle is close to Pathos, I think?

Mountain drive is a must but avoid the honey balls.

Nicosia is worth a visit to check out the militarised zone - the only ‘split’ city left in the world?

Visit Kevin Bru in Limassol?

Beware the Russians.

Poll: W or W

Cyprus on 14:34 - Jun 19 with 1716 viewsjas0999

As others have mentioned, the Troodos Mountains is a must.

Personally didn’t like Nicosia - not that much to do. Also was very very hot when we went, which was actually mid June.

Toombe of the Kings is also worth a look.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 14:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Cyprus on 14:42 - Jun 19 with 1698 viewsfactual_blue

Fly from Gatwick.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cyprus on 14:46 - Jun 19 with 1691 viewshype313

Cyprus on 14:42 - Jun 19 by factual_blue

Fly from Gatwick.

But where to park?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cyprus on 14:58 - Jun 19 with 1676 viewstrncbluearmy

Use to holiday in the South, but visited the North, then holidayed there and have now lived in the North for the past 10 years.
Proberbly the best way to make your first visit to the North will be on an organised tour to Famagusta or Girne (Kyrenia)

You can bring a hire car over to the North,but check your insurance,I suspect the Greeks will be less then helpful.

There are a multitude of deserted beaches,the Karpaz is an undiscovered jewell,historical places ranging from modern history in Famagusta to important historical sites.
There are modern hotels like The Acapulco which offer all the holiday entertainments and amenities, the harbour and castle at Girne are worth a visit.

On an organised tour you are likely to be subjected to Greek propaganda which they excel at. You will not be arrested, shot or raped,it is not a militarised zone.

Visit the North enjoy the peace and quiet and make up your own mind,I did and moved here!
If you come bring Sterling and exchange locally,exchange rate is about 6.20 lira to the pound,everything is cheap.
Cyprus on 15:03 - Jun 19 with 1666 viewsWeWereZombies

Went to Paphos a few years ago and did the green zone crossing into the north of Nicosia and then onto the North Cyprus coast, most powder puff green zone in the world (and doesn't the graffiti let you know it) but interesting history. As mentioned above the archeological site in Paphos is worth a morning of your time, there is also Kourion on the way to Limassol, a very comprehensive ancient site, not to be missed if you like that sort of day out.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024