Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 17:28 - Jun 19 with 4238 viewsBLUEBEAT

Finding it hard to converse with female commentator.

So far during the ‘small talk’ segments, they’ve discussed colours/style of shirts, hairstyles/hairspray/gel and length of socks/stockings.

Poll: W or W

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:23 - Jun 19 with 3422 viewsBlueBadger

Cringeworthy as that is, I bet it's still not more embarrassing than Patrice Evra applauding Eniola Aluko for effortlessly showing up him and his fellow 'experts'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:25 - Jun 19 with 3424 viewstextbackup

I really don’t get why people are so worried that they have women on there, they’ve all talked total sense and it’s refreshing to hear them over the likes of savage and Sutton

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:31 - Jun 19 with 3390 viewsBlueBadger

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:25 - Jun 19 by textbackup

I really don’t get why people are so worried that they have women on there, they’ve all talked total sense and it’s refreshing to hear them over the likes of savage and Sutton

I rather fear you may have nailed the reason there.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 18:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Literally just heard Alyson Rudd..... on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 3361 viewsBloots

....(Times journo) on Talksport.

Danny Kelly opened the conversation by asking "How are things in Russia Alyson?"

She replied by saying "It's not what I expected. I thought it would be really hot, but it's actually been cold for the last few days"

He then asked her what the atmosphere was like, and she rambled on about "nice shops in the town centre".

Right on sister.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:05 - Jun 19 with 3312 viewsvapour_trail

I like big Tel on the wireless, think he talks sense and has a good line in understated one liners.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:09 - Jun 19 with 3295 viewsLuk38644

I actually think that Alex Scott on the BBC has been a very decent pundit and I much prefer her to the likes of Savage, Sutton and Lawrenson.
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:11 - Jun 19 with 3277 viewsvapour_trail

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:09 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

I actually think that Alex Scott on the BBC has been a very decent pundit and I much prefer her to the likes of Savage, Sutton and Lawrenson.

I like lawrenson. I think he’s quite funny.

I am aware that places me in a minority of one.

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:12 - Jun 19 with 3276 viewsBrixtonBlue

I listened to him last night with Kelly Whatsherface and thought he was very good. Better than her, trying to wind up callers she didn't agree with.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:14 - Jun 19 with 3266 viewsLuk38644

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:11 - Jun 19 by vapour_trail

He's certainly not a cliché pundit, just grates on me with some of the crap he comes out with.
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 3262 viewsSpruceMoose

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:25 - Jun 19 by textbackup

Threatens the old boys network. Might just expose a lot of them for the ignorant frauds they are.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:16 - Jun 19 with 3254 viewsvapour_trail

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:14 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

He's certainly not a cliché pundit, just grates on me with some of the crap he comes out with.

I like the league tables from his weekly predictions on the bbc website. This season just passed was the second he’s predicted Liverpool invincibles.

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:18 - Jun 19 with 3244 viewsSwansea_Blue

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 18:23 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Cringeworthy as that is, I bet it's still not more embarrassing than Patrice Evra applauding Eniola Aluko for effortlessly showing up him and his fellow 'experts'.

I think she did very well, considering her chromosome handicap. Well done her. A jolly good effort.

Oops, forgot the patronising clap
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 19:19]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:19 - Jun 19 with 3236 viewsjeera

No, I'm not having that Vapes. There was once that other guy on here who...

Oh, wait. No, that was also you.

Sorry.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:20 - Jun 19 with 3226 viewsMullet

Nope. I've been thoroughly enjoying his darkly comic Nan routine this tournament. He's finally blossomed from supermarket queue style whinger, to proper nihilistic genius.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:21 - Jun 19 with 3217 viewsvapour_trail

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:19 - Jun 19 by jeera

No, I'm not having that Vapes. There was once that other guy on here who...

Oh, wait. No, that was also you.

Sorry.

The Sutton mishap? We’re not supposed to speak of that again. Funge wasn’t impressed at all!

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:21 - Jun 19 with 3219 viewsconnorscontract

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:09 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

And Shearer. Alan fcking elbows, shout at the ref, living off his reputation, bully boy Shearer.

Alan "I'm going to save Newcastle from relegation even though I've got zero experience of management" Shearer

Fcking Alan Shearer.

He's not the worst at analysis, but I struggle to see past his failure to be an empathetic human being.

He's still living off the glories of Euro 96 and France 98. It will be funny if we win the World Cup and the likes of him, Ferdinand and Redknapp are no longer given some protected, hallowed, "Top, top legend" status.

Meanwhile, Lineker and Gary Neville will continue in their roles on merit, because they don't think researching the teams they are going to talk about on national television is beneath them, and they are actually intelligent and thoughtful human beings.
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:23 - Jun 19 with 3210 viewsvapour_trail

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:21 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

And Shearer. Alan fcking elbows, shout at the ref, living off his reputation, bully boy Shearer.

Alan "I'm going to save Newcastle from relegation even though I've got zero experience of management" Shearer

Fcking Alan Shearer.

He's not the worst at analysis, but I struggle to see past his failure to be an empathetic human being.

He's still living off the glories of Euro 96 and France 98. It will be funny if we win the World Cup and the likes of him, Ferdinand and Redknapp are no longer given some protected, hallowed, "Top, top legend" status.

Meanwhile, Lineker and Gary Neville will continue in their roles on merit, because they don't think researching the teams they are going to talk about on national television is beneath them, and they are actually intelligent and thoughtful human beings.

Rio is really good.

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:24 - Jun 19 with 3206 viewsMullet

Fcking Alan Shearer.

Shearer was the school bully wasn't he? Never got over having that brief bit of power and prestige and the world moving on seems to be his MO.

A shame, because he was a great player.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:05 - Jun 19 with 3083 viewsconnorscontract

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:23 - Jun 19 by vapour_trail

Rio is really good.

He's ok, but I still remember that "Merked" thing he did. Shudder.
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:12 - Jun 19 with 3055 viewsLuk38644

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:05 - Jun 19 by connorscontract

He's ok, but I still remember that "Merked" thing he did. Shudder.

Speaking of former England CB's that make you shudder, have you heard Sol Campbell recently?

The bloke is a complete nutter.
21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:17 - Jun 19 with 3025 viewsSpruceMoose

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:12 - Jun 19 by Luk38644

Speaking of former England CB's that make you shudder, have you heard Sol Campbell recently?

The bloke is a complete nutter.

Think he was after a coaching job with us not so long a go...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 2960 viewsSuperfrans

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 19:20 - Jun 19 by Mullet

Nope. I've been thoroughly enjoying his darkly comic Nan routine this tournament. He's finally blossomed from supermarket queue style whinger, to proper nihilistic genius.

I wonder what cross over is between fans of Morrissey and fans of Mark Lawrenson??

😂

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:56 - Jun 19 with 2921 viewsMVBlue

Fcking Alan Shearer.

Jermaine Jenas actually seems to do his research and do a decent job at punditry. Fabregas has been a refreshing change.

[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 20:58]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:57 - Jun 19 with 2916 viewsvapour_trail

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 20:47 - Jun 19 by Superfrans

I wonder what cross over is between fans of Morrissey and fans of Mark Lawrenson??

😂

In that venn diagram, I am firmly to the far side of the lawrenson circle well away from the centre.

21st Century Terry Butcher on R5 on 22:51 - Jun 19 with 2741 viewsbobwya

No - make that a minority of two. I have always liked him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024