Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? 21:18 - Jun 19 with 4992 viewsKeaneish

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:24 - Jun 21 with 642 viewschristiand

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:01 - Jun 21 by Keaneish

Interesting they're both strikers whereas Lineker and Shearer thought it was soft. I'd ignore anything Andy Gray says in truth, that man lost credibility a long, long time ago.

Whether you question Gray's moral compass, you can't take away the fact that he was a decent striker at the top level and an international one at that. To be fair, Paul Robinson (the former England goalkeeper) was also on the panel and he thought it was daft that Walker raised his arm without contesting the ball, especially the distance the contact was from the goal. I've found the whole debate really interesting to be honest Keaneish. Just goes to show this type of decision is not one that would benefit from VAR as it is subjective - look at the results from your poll.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:52 - Jun 21 with 636 viewsBrixtonBlue

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:24 - Jun 21 by christiand

Whether you question Gray's moral compass, you can't take away the fact that he was a decent striker at the top level and an international one at that. To be fair, Paul Robinson (the former England goalkeeper) was also on the panel and he thought it was daft that Walker raised his arm without contesting the ball, especially the distance the contact was from the goal. I've found the whole debate really interesting to be honest Keaneish. Just goes to show this type of decision is not one that would benefit from VAR as it is subjective - look at the results from your poll.

Indeed, VAR isn't the saviour everyone thought it would be!

BTW - Gray's Scottish, so you can discount him straight away!

BTW 2 - Cesc Fabregas said it's not a pen.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:59 - Jun 21 with 634 viewschristiand

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:52 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed, VAR isn't the saviour everyone thought it would be!

BTW - Gray's Scottish, so you can discount him straight away!

BTW 2 - Cesc Fabregas said it's not a pen.

Morning BrixtonBlue. When it is a subjective decision, for me, VAR doesn't work - look at the debate of this thread. However, for other things like offsides and holding in the penalty area which are a lot more conclusive, VAR could be very good for the game if used correctly. Your thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 09:33 - Jun 21 with 625 viewsBrixtonBlue

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:59 - Jun 21 by christiand

Morning BrixtonBlue. When it is a subjective decision, for me, VAR doesn't work - look at the debate of this thread. However, for other things like offsides and holding in the penalty area which are a lot more conclusive, VAR could be very good for the game if used correctly. Your thoughts?

You hit the nail on the head there: "If used correctly"!

Or even just "if used" as per the Kane pen shouts!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 11:23 - Jun 21 with 607 viewsRadlett_blue

Was the referee right to give a penalty against Kyle Walker? on 08:59 - Jun 21 by christiand

VAR works pretty well for offsides, which are often a matter of fact, although I don't like the hairsbreadth element.
Holding in the penalty area can look clear cut, but what do you give if there are several wrestling matches going on at the same time? When Kane was wrestled to the ground for the first time, Stones also clearly pushed a Tunisian defender in the back. What is the correct decision there?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024