Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch people 07:08 - Jun 20 with 2305 viewsRobTheSnob

Looking to buy a new Longines watch, not cheap but not mega bucks either. Are they a good make in watch circles?
Watch people on 07:11 - Jun 20 with 2296 viewsblueconscience

I wouldn’t worry about what other people think.

If you like it, buy it.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Watch people on 07:13 - Jun 20 with 2299 viewsTIB

I purchased an Oris Clipperton recently and was reading about the different brands pros and cons...Longines seemed well regarded by a lot of folk and I’ll consider getting a Hydroconquest in the future.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 7:14]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Watch people on 07:30 - Jun 20 with 2252 viewstrncbluearmy

Depends what you want it for , if you want something as a stepping stone to trade up that will hold it`s value and possible increase then something like this maybe a better option.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Breitling-Avenger-II-Seawolf-Mens-Watch/p/17531158/

But if you just want a nice watch go for it,like decent shoes and sharpe suit, a good watch maketh the man
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 7:31]
Watch people on 07:33 - Jun 20 with 2235 viewsBenters2

Watch people on 07:11 - Jun 20 by blueconscience

If you like it, buy it.

Yeah but if its flashy you have to share right?
Watch people on 07:40 - Jun 20 with 2218 viewsblueconscience

Watch people on 07:33 - Jun 20 by Benters2

Yeah but if its flashy you have to share right?

I bought a Breitling which I liked and saved up for, and all I get is teased about wasting my money on it. So I can give you a share of the teasing and ridicule if you wish

But I like it, and that is all I care about.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Watch people on 09:15 - Jun 20 with 2136 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I imagine once you get to a certain price level, most watches are much the same.

FWIW I have an Omega Seamaster. Never had a problem with it, and its worn really well.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Watch people on 09:15 - Jun 20 with 2136 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Watch people on 07:11 - Jun 20 by blueconscience

If you like it, buy it.

Have to agree.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Watch people on 16:24 - Jun 20 with 2019 viewsBurwell_Blue

Watch people on 07:30 - Jun 20 by trncbluearmy

Depends what you want it for , if you want something as a stepping stone to trade up that will hold it`s value and possible increase then something like this maybe a better option.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Breitling-Avenger-II-Seawolf-Mens-Watch/p/17531158/

But if you just want a nice watch go for it,like decent shoes and sharpe suit, a good watch maketh the man

I couldn't see myself dropping £3k on a watch with a leather strap, but I guess its down to personal taste.
Login to get fewer ads

Watch people on 23:04 - Jun 20 with 1936 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The base movement will be an ETA valjoux 7750 (probably). Will be reliable and should gain or lose 10 to 15 seconds a day.
Watch people on 23:09 - Jun 20 with 1932 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Watch people on 09:15 - Jun 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

I imagine once you get to a certain price level, most watches are much the same.

FWIW I have an Omega Seamaster. Never had a problem with it, and its worn really well.

One day, when my wife isn't paying attention, I'm going to get myself a Railmaster :-)
Watch people on 23:27 - Jun 20 with 1917 viewsHerbivore

Watch people on 07:30 - Jun 20 by trncbluearmy

So it's not character or decency that makes a man but how expensive the piece of jewellery he uses to tell the time is? Interesting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024