Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... 13:41 - Jun 20 with 5960 viewsKieran_Knows

EDIT -
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 13:45]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 5284 viewsbluewein

They're welcome to have a go at getting Marriot. I know who I'm happier with at the moment...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 5279 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, if Norwich got 20 odd million for their show pony, how much can we be looking at for our 16 goals and 13 assists behemoth?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:45 - Jun 20 with 5246 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Put £12 million on the table then....Maddison 22 million, only reason more expensive is age, but right now Waghorn a far superior player, so put £12 million on the table.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:51 - Jun 20 with 5164 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:44 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Well, if Norwich got 20 odd million for their show pony, how much can we be looking at for our 16 goals and 13 assists behemoth?

Last season of his contract. Not sure why we gave Garner a 3 year deal but Waggy just the 2

I expect we will be looking to tie him down to a longer deal or offload him whilst he's of some value. Though realistically this is probably his agent throwing his name around in a hope to get an even bigger contract (and signing bonus) with us.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:52 - Jun 20 with 5137 viewsSpruceMoose

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:51 - Jun 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Last season of his contract. Not sure why we gave Garner a 3 year deal but Waggy just the 2

I expect we will be looking to tie him down to a longer deal or offload him whilst he's of some value. Though realistically this is probably his agent throwing his name around in a hope to get an even bigger contract (and signing bonus) with us.

I did not realise that.

Balls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 4987 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:52 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

I did not realise that.

Balls.

This.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:34 - Jun 20 with 4848 viewsitfcjoe

Got to be giving them a 'hands off' warning. If he were to go what do you think it would cost Forest - somewhere around £6-7m?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:38 - Jun 20 with 4821 viewsKieran_Knows

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:34 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

Got to be giving them a 'hands off' warning. If he were to go what do you think it would cost Forest - somewhere around £6-7m?

They've been quoted £6.5m for Marriott, so you imagine Town would be looking at that figure as well. That said, Marriott has 3 years left on his Peterborough deal, Waghorn only has 1 left here (does he have years option?).

Login to get fewer ads

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:45 - Jun 20 with 4768 viewsBlue_Order

Forest can GTF.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:48 - Jun 20 with 4747 viewsHerbivore

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:38 - Jun 20 by Kieran_Knows

They've been quoted £6.5m for Marriott, so you imagine Town would be looking at that figure as well. That said, Marriott has 3 years left on his Peterborough deal, Waghorn only has 1 left here (does he have years option?).

He has an option so effectively he has 2 years left, no need to panic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 4717 viewsJakeITFC

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 13:51 - Jun 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

We have an option for an additional year.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:52 - Jun 20 with 4708 viewsKieran_Knows

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:48 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

Fair enough, couldn't remember whether we had the option or not.

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:57 - Jun 20 with 4669 viewslinhdi

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:45 - Jun 20 by Blue_Order

Forest can GTF.

Minimum £12m. He is going to score 20 next season. And probably add 15 assists.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 15:06 - Jun 20 with 4625 viewsmo_itfc

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:52 - Jun 20 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough, couldn't remember whether we had the option or not.

Probably worth offering him a longer detail!
If we want a top 6 finish, we need his goals and assists.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 15:07 - Jun 20 with 4615 viewsCurrie10

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:48 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

It's only an option - injuries can happen so effectively last year of deal.

Unfortunately, I think clubs know we're in a position desperate to sell at least one player for a fee.

I'd be amazed if we got more than £4.5 mill or so for Waghorn.

Not because that's how I value him, just have no faith in us getting the going rate for a non talked about player.....
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 15:18 - Jun 20 with 4566 viewsFixed_It

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 14:57 - Jun 20 by linhdi

Minimum £12m. He is going to score 20 next season. And probably add 15 assists.

I would probably cry if we sold him.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 4454 viewsFreddy

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 15:07 - Jun 20 by Currie10

Unfortunately, I think clubs know we're in a position desperate to sell at least one player for a fee.

Not because that's how I value him, just have no faith in us getting the going rate for a non talked about player.....

Id be amazed if it was more than 4:5m too, 28 and 1 year left
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 16:56 - Jun 20 with 4359 viewsHerbivore

In terms of transfer value it is effectively 2 years. We as the selling club can keep him for 2 years and that gives us bargaining power.

You had your pants pulled down the other day regarding our ability to get decent fees for players, let's not go there again. There's no way we'd let him go for £4.5m when he is at his peak, coming off a great season, and we don't need to cash in now given we can keep him for a further two seasons.

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 17:39 - Jun 20 with 4254 viewsbournemouthblue

Good for them

It will cost them a hell of a lot of money!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 10:30 - Jun 21 with 3879 viewsCurrie10

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 16:56 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

In terms of transfer value it is effectively 2 years. We as the selling club can keep him for 2 years and that gives us bargaining power.

You had your pants pulled down the other day regarding our ability to get decent fees for players, let's not go there again. There's no way we'd let him go for £4.5m when he is at his peak, coming off a great season, and we don't need to cash in now given we can keep him for a further two seasons.

No I didn't.

We got top ££££ for Mings + Wickham due to age / potential / media storm / nationality.

When none of them factors come in, look at our sales the past 15 years or so.

We NEVER get top ££££ for a player.

Clubs are only too aware of our financial position.

What do you think we'd get for Waghorn?

I'd clearly rather it be £8-£13 mill I just don't see it.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 10:32 - Jun 21 with 3869 viewsitfcjoe

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 10:30 - Jun 21 by Currie10

No I didn't.

We got top ££££ for Mings + Wickham due to age / potential / media storm / nationality.

Who are these players we’ve got bad fees for?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 10:39 - Jun 21 with 3838 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 10:47 - Jun 21 with 3805 viewsReusersTown

So you're saying injuries effectively void the second year option on his contract and we'll be forced to let him go. Most ridiculous thing I've heard!.
Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 11:29 - Jun 21 with 3744 viewsstickymockwell

No I didn't.

We got 3 million for a 33yo striker who had only 1 prolific season and had scored 10 goals the season before he left. Not bad IMO (even though I was gutted when Murphy left).

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Forest interested in Martyn Waghorn... on 11:52 - Jun 21 with 3695 viewsHerbivore

No I didn't.

Name some names. We got very good fees for Murphy, Walters, Cresswell and Moore in recent times whilst also turning down a £7m offer for Didz and £3m for Mings the summer before we sold him. It's false to say we don't get good deals for players. You got owned, son.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024