Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With VAR etc 16:30 - Jun 20 with 982 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why are players not being pulled up and punished for this ridiculous diving and play acting that just gets worse and worse. Should use video evidence even after the game to punish them afterwards to stamp it out once and for all.
With VAR etc on 16:31 - Jun 20 with 968 viewsSpruceMoose

That would open a can of worms. Some of the games would have had fifteen penalties, 18 yellow cards and 5 red cards for some of the dramatics on display.

I think FIFA know if they go down the zero tolerance route it would be a sh!tshow.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With VAR etc on 16:32 - Jun 20 with 970 viewsmonytowbray

I hate the way the "right to go down" has become an acceptable tactic within the game. Commentators basically saying a player has the right to fall over and milk it because they got a slight touch to the toe.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

With VAR etc on 16:34 - Jun 20 with 958 viewsSpruceMoose

With VAR etc on 16:32 - Jun 20 by monytowbray

I hate the way the "right to go down" has become an acceptable tactic within the game. Commentators basically saying a player has the right to fall over and milk it because they got a slight touch to the toe.

I agree with you, but much like with Dennis Wise, you hate it when it's not benefiting your team.

I can't say I wouldn't be chuckling if we were awarded a dodgy penalty. If one goes against us though? Then that's clearly a conspiracy because everyone hates the English.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

With VAR etc on 16:37 - Jun 20 with 951 viewsmonytowbray

With VAR etc on 16:34 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

I agree with you, but much like with Dennis Wise, you hate it when it's not benefiting your team.

I can't say I wouldn't be chuckling if we were awarded a dodgy penalty. If one goes against us though? Then that's clearly a conspiracy because everyone hates the English.

You'll always get the odd one against you, but it seems much worse now than it did when I was a kid watching in the 90s/00s.

As an ITFC supporter I think it devalues genuine appeals. The number of clear penalties we've not had the last two years at PR feels worse than ever. Might be an emotional aspect of me that makes me think that (I have no exact stats) but the handball vs PNE the ref missed from 10 yeards away springs to mind. Bloke held the ball in his arms for at least a second!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

With VAR etc on 16:38 - Jun 20 with 946 viewsPendejo

With VAR etc on 16:31 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

That would open a can of worms. Some of the games would have had fifteen penalties, 18 yellow cards and 5 red cards for some of the dramatics on display.

I think FIFA know if they go down the zero tolerance route it would be a sh!tshow.

Yes but only for a few games while they adapted. Pretty much like when the back pass rule changed.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

With VAR etc on 16:39 - Jun 20 with 945 viewsSpruceMoose

With VAR etc on 16:38 - Jun 20 by Pendejo

Yes but only for a few games while they adapted. Pretty much like when the back pass rule changed.

I'd be all for it personally. One of the sweetest delights in the game is a second yellow card for diving.

With VAR etc on 16:41 - Jun 20 with 937 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

With VAR etc on 16:31 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Maybe stop the game for it but if Pepe had the thread of a suspension in the next game do you think he would be acting like that?
With VAR etc on 16:43 - Jun 20 with 929 viewsPinewoodblue

This afternoon Ronaldo went down in the area, didn't seem to be any contact, in the replays it was clear that there was minimal contact but a clear gap between contact and the dive . The commentator said it was OK

If a player goes down to ' win' a penalty even if there is contact it is still a dive.

Trouble is the quality of refereeing isn't to standard and the VAR referees are covering up for the match official, the Kane penalties not being give for example.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

With VAR etc on 16:44 - Jun 20 with 921 viewsSpruceMoose

With VAR etc on 16:41 - Jun 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Maybe stop the game for it but if Pepe had the thread of a suspension in the next game do you think he would be acting like that?

Probably because I think he is an inherently terrible person on the pitch, who would act first and think later. Which would make his numerous ban all the sweeter.

With VAR etc on 16:46 - Jun 20 with 924 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

With VAR etc on 16:43 - Jun 20 by Pinewoodblue

This afternoon Ronaldo went down in the area, didn't seem to be any contact, in the replays it was clear that there was minimal contact but a clear gap between contact and the dive . The commentator said it was OK

If a player goes down to ' win' a penalty even if there is contact it is still a dive.

Trouble is the quality of refereeing isn't to standard and the VAR referees are covering up for the match official, the Kane penalties not being give for example.

It's now acceptable to cheat, that's the problem. You basically can't tackle in the box. He was asking for VAR wasn't he? w@nker
With VAR etc on 16:47 - Jun 20 with 916 viewsSpruceMoose

With VAR etc on 16:46 - Jun 20 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's now acceptable to cheat, that's the problem. You basically can't tackle in the box. He was asking for VAR wasn't he? w@nker

I was starting to warm to him as well. Man, I'm a sucker for the PR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024