Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been whitewater rafting? 16:49 - Jun 20 with 1348 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is it good? Is it tough? Although, I do plenty out doors stuff I've never taken that well to water really not that it bothers me. I will be partaking in such activity on a stag do Friday.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 16:49]
Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 17:03 - Jun 20 with 1319 viewsITFC_Forever

Did it a good few years ago in the Dominican Republic and it was a good laugh.

There was a guide at the back of the boat, then six of us in the raft, and he would tell us who needed to row at any moment in time.
Trouble was, there was me, my Mrs and a family of four (Mum, Dad and teenage boy and girl) and between us we were useless, everyone kept falling out and the other rafts left us well behind.

Was a bloody good laugh though.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 18:01 - Jun 20 with 1275 viewsArthur_Hayes

In Colorado there were 9 deaths last year, and 2 so far this year - so hold on tight if you’re going to do it.

https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Accident/summarize/state/CO
Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 18:30 - Jun 20 with 1257 viewsWeWereZombies

Only the once, Rio Pacuare in Costa Rica. The two over excited Spaniards in the other boat ended up in the water and had to be rescued. Our more crowded boat took notice of all the directions we were given, and there were a lot, and had an exhilarating time. And a drink AFTERWARDS. Not a good idea for a stag do on anything other than the first day before you get going with the libations.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 18:32 - Jun 20 with 1253 viewsconnorscontract

Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 18:01 - Jun 20 by Arthur_Hayes

In Colorado there were 9 deaths last year, and 2 so far this year - so hold on tight if you’re going to do it.

https://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Accident/summarize/state/CO

What a sad list: loads of young adults, fit and active, an 8 year old, a 13 year old, all just having a great time with friends or family on a fun day out.

I was thinking of doing it this summer, too. I won't now.
Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 21:34 - Jun 20 with 1177 viewsLeoMuff

Did a bit in Oz and NZ seemed be either scenic and fun, or a bit crazy/scary, there is a grading system grade 5 was more hold on for dear life, grade 3-4 great fun.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Anyone been whitewater rafting? on 21:51 - Jun 20 with 1164 viewsEdwardStone

I went down the Zambezi below Vic Falls...

It was marvellous, seemed safe but a bit scary. Very experienced staff, they did the rowing and I held on tight

Bl**dy good day out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024