Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Makes you proud to be English! 18:03 - Jun 20 with 10311 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/20/police-england-fans-russia-nazi

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:06 - Jun 20 with 4432 viewsScuzzer

Oh dear...press scraping the barrel once again.

Established 1968

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:07 - Jun 20 with 4434 viewsfactual_blue

Amusingly they're too dim to realise Soviet Russia gave the nazis a damn good thrashing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:09 - Jun 20 with 4424 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:06 - Jun 20 by Scuzzer

How is this scraping the barrel exactly? Would you prefer they didn't let us know about the sh!tty behaviour of a minority of English fans?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:27 - Jun 20 with 4349 viewsBlueBadger

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:06 - Jun 20 by Scuzzer

You can always spot the true patriots by how willing they are to stay up for nazis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:28 - Jun 20 with 4343 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:27 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

You can always spot the true patriots by how willing they are to stay up for nazis.

Oh they stay up long and hard at the sight of the right salute alright...
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 18:28]

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:31 - Jun 20 with 4324 viewsBlueBadger

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:28 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Oh they stay up long and hard at the sight of the right salute alright...
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 18:28]

*starts the Grimboy clock*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:32 - Jun 20 with 4319 viewsLord_Lucan

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:09 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

How is this scraping the barrel exactly? Would you prefer they didn't let us know about the sh!tty behaviour of a minority of English fans?

It's such a tiny incident - if true - that it really isn't worth the paper it's written on. There is probably worse behaviour in the womens institute.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:34 - Jun 20 with 4312 viewsSteve_M

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:07 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

Amusingly they're too dim to realise Soviet Russia gave the nazis a damn good thrashing.

Well, once they decided which side to be on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:35 - Jun 20 with 4308 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:32 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

It's such a tiny incident - if true - that it really isn't worth the paper it's written on. There is probably worse behaviour in the womens institute.

What's to gain by turning a blind eye to it though, Lucan? As it's only a minority getting up to this sort of behaviour it should be able to root them out and keep them at home in future years.

I'm puzzled by those who are more put out by the fact that it has been reported than the fact that it happened.

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:41 - Jun 20 with 4287 viewsBenters2

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:32 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

this an that.
Makes you proud to be English! on 18:43 - Jun 20 with 4289 viewsLord_Lucan

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:35 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

What's to gain by turning a blind eye to it though, Lucan? As it's only a minority getting up to this sort of behaviour it should be able to root them out and keep them at home in future years.

I'm puzzled by those who are more put out by the fact that it has been reported than the fact that it happened.

You know how the media work right?

There were probably thousand upon thousands of worse things happening around the area at any given time and the English probably behaving a lot better than many countries fans. Maybe sometimes it would be nice if the British media devoted that many column inches to the good natured behaviour of the fans - or simply something actually important.

They won't though because people love being offended and thinking the worse, by the time it does the rounds it will be reported 50 times worse and God knows someone might have even shown his or her bottom.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:45 - Jun 20 with 4284 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:43 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

You know how the media work right?

There were probably thousand upon thousands of worse things happening around the area at any given time and the English probably behaving a lot better than many countries fans. Maybe sometimes it would be nice if the British media devoted that many column inches to the good natured behaviour of the fans - or simply something actually important.

They won't though because people love being offended and thinking the worse, by the time it does the rounds it will be reported 50 times worse and God knows someone might have even shown his or her bottom.

Yes, I love being offended at nazi salutes, I live for it. I guess that makes me king of the leftybumfest

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:45 - Jun 20 with 4282 viewsMattinLondon

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:07 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

And if they are identified they’ll probably try to play the victim card.

Hope they do it again in front of a bunch of Russian ultras and get a good kickin
Makes you proud to be English! on 18:55 - Jun 20 with 4243 viewsSteve_M

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:45 - Jun 20 by MattinLondon

And if they are identified they’ll probably try to play the victim card.

Hope they do it again in front of a bunch of Russian ultras and get a good kickin

They seem to have been bonding with the Russian far-right by doing this it would seem.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:05 - Jun 20 with 4198 viewsgtsb

Not at all. The press, as you well know, have always been like rabid dogs trying to get England fans to misbehave and have been known to pay to get individuals pissssed up on occasions. No excuse for these two but the poster was correct.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 19:08]
Makes you proud to be English! on 19:07 - Jun 20 with 4180 viewsMullet

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:05 - Jun 20 by gtsb

Not at all. The press, as you well know, have always been like rabid dogs trying to get England fans to misbehave and have been known to pay to get individuals pissssed up on occasions. No excuse for these two but the poster was correct.

Any Englishman making a Nazi salute should be deported back to Germany. Try pulling that stuff there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:10 - Jun 20 with 4160 viewsgtsb

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:07 - Jun 20 by Mullet

Any Englishman making a Nazi salute should be deported back to Germany. Try pulling that stuff there.

I'm not supporting them at all. I'm saying it is a nothing story but the press love it.
Makes you proud to be English! on 19:11 - Jun 20 with 4152 viewsSpruceMoose

You raise a good point. I've lost count of the times I've got so horrifically drunk that my entire personality changed into that of Joseph Goebbels. Top Bantz!

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:12 - Jun 20 with 4142 viewsMullet

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:10 - Jun 20 by gtsb

I'm not supporting them at all. I'm saying it is a nothing story but the press love it.

It's not a nothing story to anyone who loves our country, respects its history or knows what their forebears went through because of stuff like that.

"Lest we forget" goes back further than that lot.

Why should it be hushed up at all? There's been loads of positive coverage about fans of all nationalities including the English wreath laying etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:13 - Jun 20 with 4132 viewsJ2BLUE

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:35 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Must admit I don't like it being reported. These idiots could be dealt with behind closed doors. I despise it being highlighted and these morons embarrassing our nation. As usual a minority of idiots ruin it for everyone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:13 - Jun 20 with 4129 viewsLord_Lucan

The press have handed out drinks - and money - to England fans on many occasions!!!!!

Did someone just say that they hoped the two (are we really talking two / 2 / zwei / deux / dos / ??) England fans get a kick in from Russian hoolies?

These must me the ultra hard right Ruskies yeah?

FFS

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:15 - Jun 20 with 4115 viewsgtsb

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:12 - Jun 20 by Mullet

It's not a nothing story to anyone who loves our country, respects its history or knows what their forebears went through because of stuff like that.

"Lest we forget" goes back further than that lot.

Why should it be hushed up at all? There's been loads of positive coverage about fans of all nationalities including the English wreath laying etc.

It's two individuals acting like morons amongst thousands who are partying and having a great time. It's a non story to me.
Makes you proud to be English! on 19:18 - Jun 20 with 4091 viewsLord_Lucan

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:15 - Jun 20 by gtsb

It's two individuals acting like morons amongst thousands who are partying and having a great time. It's a non story to me.

Obviously the two p1ssed idiots are a big news story for some by the look of it.

Possibly even worth a good ol w4nk.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 19:23]

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:18 - Jun 20 with 4095 viewsHennikerBlu

Did everyone miss this:

"In the early hours of Tuesday morning in an English pub in central Volgograd, a Guardian reporter heard three young Russian men sing a chant involving the words “Hitlerjugend SS”, apparently a common chant among far-right football supporters in Russia and Ukraine. Elsewhere in the pub, England and Tunisia fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere."

The far right is a far greater problem or has a greater presence in Europe than it is in the UK. If you read the whole article, you will see a paragraph that refers to Russian fans making reference to the SS. The history of many of the Soviet/Russian Republics and neighbouring countries is complex and problematical in respect of their relationship with Fascism.

None of which is acceptable, but I think we are pretty liberal compared to many countries and no I am not sticking up for these twonks, but I am proud to be English.
Makes you proud to be English! on 19:20 - Jun 20 with 4072 viewsLord_Lucan

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:18 - Jun 20 by HennikerBlu

Did everyone miss this:

"In the early hours of Tuesday morning in an English pub in central Volgograd, a Guardian reporter heard three young Russian men sing a chant involving the words “Hitlerjugend SS”, apparently a common chant among far-right football supporters in Russia and Ukraine. Elsewhere in the pub, England and Tunisia fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere."

The far right is a far greater problem or has a greater presence in Europe than it is in the UK. If you read the whole article, you will see a paragraph that refers to Russian fans making reference to the SS. The history of many of the Soviet/Russian Republics and neighbouring countries is complex and problematical in respect of their relationship with Fascism.

None of which is acceptable, but I think we are pretty liberal compared to many countries and no I am not sticking up for these twonks, but I am proud to be English.

They didn't miss it, they just chose to overlook it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024