Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Makes you proud to be English! 18:03 - Jun 20 with 10312 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/20/police-england-fans-russia-nazi

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:16 - Jun 20 with 3125 viewsGuthrum

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:50 - Jun 20 by Freddies_Ears

Would be useful to teach them a lesson or two - that if it weren't for the Russians, we'd all be speaking German.

That's not strictly true. The (somewhat half-hearted) attempted invasion of the UK was defeated in 1940, while the Soviet Union was still allied to Nazi Germany (including supplying the latter with food, minerals and industrial products).

Very unlikely Hitler would have tried again. He had always intended to strike east (about which he had written in Mein Kampf, as early as 1924), so war with the Soviets was inevitable.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 3107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:29 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

It seems to be the people who highlight this behaviour are often more maligned than the folk carrying it out. Truly bizarre.

Quite. You need to go and pin them up on your antlers, not talk about it on a message board. Or something

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 3090 viewsSwansea_Blue

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:52 - Jun 20 by GlasgowBlue

It's not whatabouttery. It is pointing out either hypocrisy or inconsistancy.

Are you equaly ashamed of English people who fly the flag of a terror organisation that routinely throw gay people off the roofs of buildings because of their sexuality as you are of knuckle dragging scum who give a nazi salute?

Yes.

So now we’ve cleared that up, back to taking the piss out of hateful, small-minded nationalists!

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:29 - Jun 20 with 3078 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:26 - Jun 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yes.

So now we’ve cleared that up, back to taking the piss out of hateful, small-minded nationalists!

I liked the implication that I somehow wouldn't be offended by it. A lovely dog whistle there, really paints me as some kind of monster!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 20:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:44 - Jun 20 with 3052 viewsfactual_blue

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:16 - Jun 20 by Guthrum

That's not strictly true. The (somewhat half-hearted) attempted invasion of the UK was defeated in 1940, while the Soviet Union was still allied to Nazi Germany (including supplying the latter with food, minerals and industrial products).

Very unlikely Hitler would have tried again. He had always intended to strike east (about which he had written in Mein Kampf, as early as 1924), so war with the Soviets was inevitable.

In 1974 Operation Sea Lion (the planned invasion of Britain) was war-gamed at Sandhurst by British and German officers with neutral umpires. The invasion plans, the order of battle of both countries and weather conditions were all played in.

http://mr-home.staff.shef.ac.uk/hobbies/seelowe.txt

We won.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:53 - Jun 20 with 3030 viewsBlueBadger

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:08 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

Overlooked by people on here.

So, let me get this straight, because that story got missed, no-one allowed to comment on this one?

Come on now Lucan, you're better than this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:08 - Jun 20 with 3007 viewsLord_Lucan

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:53 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

So, let me get this straight, because that story got missed, no-one allowed to comment on this one?

Come on now Lucan, you're better than this.

What are you on about?

It isn't two stories or two reports. Everything is mentioned on the same linked page.

Right wing Russian and Ukrainian hoolies singing SS chants whilst England and Tunisian fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere.

- Somewhere at some time though it was "Reported" that two England fans did a Nazi salute and people are jacking off over it. It's only hearsay anyway but let's make such a big deal over it (if it happened) that it completely overshadows the party behaviour of every English fan.

Poor feckers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:16 - Jun 20 with 2990 viewsStokieBlue

Makes you proud to be English! on 18:45 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Yes, I love being offended at nazi salutes, I live for it. I guess that makes me king of the leftybumfest

I think Lucan is calling for balance. I was listening to a Russian on a podcast who said most of the English fans visited the seige memorial and were incredibly respectful.

These fans are clearly uneducated idiots and unfortunately those are who we hear about.

Clearly their behaviour is totally unacceptable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:51 - Jun 20 with 2954 viewsStNeotsBlue

Two idiots from that report who should have the book thrown at them but the rest of the report is pretty positive about England fans. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.
Makes you proud to be English! on 21:55 - Jun 20 with 2947 viewsfooters

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:16 - Jun 20 by StokieBlue

I think Lucan is calling for balance. I was listening to a Russian on a podcast who said most of the English fans visited the seige memorial and were incredibly respectful.

These fans are clearly uneducated idiots and unfortunately those are who we hear about.

SB

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times on here but it's worth repeating. A visit to the Piskaryovskaya cemetery outside of St Petersburg, where 600,000 people are buried from the siege of Leningrad, is a very, very humbling human experience. Puts everything in perspective.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:00 - Jun 20 with 2938 viewsGuthrum

Makes you proud to be English! on 20:44 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

In 1974 Operation Sea Lion (the planned invasion of Britain) was war-gamed at Sandhurst by British and German officers with neutral umpires. The invasion plans, the order of battle of both countries and weather conditions were all played in.

http://mr-home.staff.shef.ac.uk/hobbies/seelowe.txt

We won.

Indeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:02 - Jun 20 with 2935 viewsgtsb

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:08 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

What are you on about?

It isn't two stories or two reports. Everything is mentioned on the same linked page.

Right wing Russian and Ukrainian hoolies singing SS chants whilst England and Tunisian fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere.

- Somewhere at some time though it was "Reported" that two England fans did a Nazi salute and people are jacking off over it. It's only hearsay anyway but let's make such a big deal over it (if it happened) that it completely overshadows the party behaviour of every English fan.

Poor feckers.

Click..the sound of Badger logging off again.
Makes you proud to be English! on 22:03 - Jun 20 with 2932 viewsStokieBlue

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:55 - Jun 20 by footers

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times on here but it's worth repeating. A visit to the Piskaryovskaya cemetery outside of St Petersburg, where 600,000 people are buried from the siege of Leningrad, is a very, very humbling human experience. Puts everything in perspective.

The Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad which is on the main road (Moscovskaya Prospect I believe) in from Pulkovo airport is also worth a visit. The eternal flame there burns constantly in memorial those who died in the siege.

It was always the first thing I saw as I entered the city.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 22:08]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:12 - Jun 20 with 2912 viewsfooters

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:03 - Jun 20 by StokieBlue

The Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad which is on the main road (Moscovskaya Prospect I believe) in from Pulkovo airport is also worth a visit. The eternal flame there burns constantly in memorial those who died in the siege.

It was always the first thing I saw as I entered the city.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 22:08]

There's an eternal flame at the cemetery I mention too, and sadly someone I was visiting with thought it appropriate to warm his hands over it ffs. Russians are rightly fierce about their involvement in what they call the Great Patriotic War. Anyone making Nazi salutes over there deserves everything they get.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:21 - Jun 20 with 2893 viewsTerra_Farma

Totally unacceptable behaviour.

However Spruse, as always, you relish a post like this, particularly as your the opening poster #look at me.
Makes you proud to be English! on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 2885 viewsBlueBadger

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:02 - Jun 20 by gtsb

Click..the sound of Badger logging off again.

And here's GTSB, the Richard Hammond of the Top Gear gang, who hates people making snide asides about people's opinions, making a snide aside.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 22:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Makes you proud to be English! on 23:26 - Jun 20 with 2828 viewsSpruceMoose

Makes you proud to be English! on 22:21 - Jun 20 by Terra_Farma

Totally unacceptable behaviour.

However Spruse, as always, you relish a post like this, particularly as your the opening poster #look at me.

I remember you. You're the one who sent me the pm offering me a fight. The answer is still no I'm afraid.

Makes you proud to be English! on 00:15 - Jun 21 with 2759 viewsm14_blue

Makes you proud to be English! on 21:16 - Jun 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Now being reported that these (presumably Chelsea) idiots were actually mocking Spurs fans.

Of course it's moronic but it's really not worthy of the coverage it's received. I doubt any other country would have reported this at all. Badly behaved England fans sell newspapers so when England fans are generally very well behaved they scrape around to find tiny isolated incidents.

There's far worse goes on in every town in the world every weekend.
Makes you proud to be English! on 04:57 - Jun 21 with 2686 viewsBenters2

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:18 - Jun 20 by HennikerBlu

Did everyone miss this:

"In the early hours of Tuesday morning in an English pub in central Volgograd, a Guardian reporter heard three young Russian men sing a chant involving the words “Hitlerjugend SS”, apparently a common chant among far-right football supporters in Russia and Ukraine. Elsewhere in the pub, England and Tunisia fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere."

The far right is a far greater problem or has a greater presence in Europe than it is in the UK. If you read the whole article, you will see a paragraph that refers to Russian fans making reference to the SS. The history of many of the Soviet/Russian Republics and neighbouring countries is complex and problematical in respect of their relationship with Fascism.

None of which is acceptable, but I think we are pretty liberal compared to many countries and no I am not sticking up for these twonks, but I am proud to be English.

They wont worry about that,they would rather slag off the England fans.
Makes you proud to be English! on 07:18 - Jun 21 with 2646 viewsmarcus1642

More biased extreme left wing bile from the Guardian then.
Makes you proud to be English! on 07:24 - Jun 21 with 2640 viewsbrogansnose

Makes you proud to be English! on 19:18 - Jun 20 by HennikerBlu

Did everyone miss this:

"In the early hours of Tuesday morning in an English pub in central Volgograd, a Guardian reporter heard three young Russian men sing a chant involving the words “Hitlerjugend SS”, apparently a common chant among far-right football supporters in Russia and Ukraine. Elsewhere in the pub, England and Tunisia fans were drinking together with locals amid a party atmosphere."

The far right is a far greater problem or has a greater presence in Europe than it is in the UK. If you read the whole article, you will see a paragraph that refers to Russian fans making reference to the SS. The history of many of the Soviet/Russian Republics and neighbouring countries is complex and problematical in respect of their relationship with Fascism.

None of which is acceptable, but I think we are pretty liberal compared to many countries and no I am not sticking up for these twonks, but I am proud to be English.

That guardian excerpt is surely the real story here. Russians singing that at Stalingrad ?

And no, I'm not excusing the couple of English fans before the high horse cavalry come charging in.
Makes you proud to be English! on 07:34 - Jun 21 with 2637 viewsBenters2

Makes you proud to be English! on 07:24 - Jun 21 by brogansnose

That guardian excerpt is surely the real story here. Russians singing that at Stalingrad ?

And no, I'm not excusing the couple of English fans before the high horse cavalry come charging in.

They have already charged in mate.
Makes you proud to be English! on 08:15 - Jun 21 with 2610 viewsartsbossbeard

Makes you proud to be English! on 07:24 - Jun 21 by brogansnose

Anyone caught using the seig heil (caps intentionally not deployed) salute should rightly be castigated. Nationality shouldn't be the concern, the concern should be that even after so much death caused by the Nazi's, their actions are still celebrated by some.

I did chortle when one of the "Free are Tommy" lot threw the salute, got arrested for it and then cried like a baby though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Makes you proud to be English! on 08:59 - Jun 21 with 2573 viewsTerra_Farma

Makes you proud to be English! on 23:26 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

I remember you. You're the one who sent me the pm offering me a fight. The answer is still no I'm afraid.

At what point in my PM did I mention a fight?

Don't get your knickers in a twist pumpkin.
Makes you proud to be English! on 09:18 - Jun 21 with 2559 viewsSwansea_Blue

And just so people know what we're talking about, this is the video in question.

They're absolutely sh*tfaced . Barely coherent and probably can't remember a thing now. They're in for a shock with the fall out for 20 seconds of beered up stupidity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024