Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My band's just uploaded another new song... 20:28 - Jun 20 with 2146 viewsmonytowbray

Full album will be out on Spotify and all that jazz on Monday.

Edit: Help if I posted the right link!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 20:29]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 2036 viewsBrixtonBlue

I like the music and your enthusiasm, but I'd like you to write your lyrics a bit more... cryptic. They're a bit too literal for my tastes.

Like instead of sing about getting a text on your phone, something more like, I dunno, "Your handheld words glow but aren't glowing."

Just my personal preference though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:32 - Jun 21 with 2029 viewsmonytowbray

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:27 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

I like the music and your enthusiasm, but I'd like you to write your lyrics a bit more... cryptic. They're a bit too literal for my tastes.

Like instead of sing about getting a text on your phone, something more like, I dunno, "Your handheld words glow but aren't glowing."

Just my personal preference though.

I used to, then I started listening to Single Mothers and went full literal.

I might use "Your handheld words glow but aren't glowing" though, stolen ;)

TWTD never forgets…

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:48 - Jun 21 with 2015 viewsBrixtonBlue

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:32 - Jun 21 by monytowbray

Ha, no worries. I've written shedloads of songs over the years but never got round to learning an instrument - you're welcome to have one and turn it into something if you want.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 10:11 - Jun 21 with 2000 viewsThrobbe

I'm really liking that Callis.

In fact the only thing that doesn't really do it for me is your singing. Not a criticism as there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me, although the screamier guttural bits I do like. If you've got a few more hardcore tracks on the album, count me in.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 10:18 - Jun 21 with 1995 viewsmonytowbray

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 10:11 - Jun 21 by Throbbe

I'm really liking that Callis.

In fact the only thing that doesn't really do it for me is your singing. Not a criticism as there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me, although the screamier guttural bits I do like. If you've got a few more hardcore tracks on the album, count me in.

It's a mix, some songs verge on grindy and doomy, whereas others are more Hardcore and Post Punk.

Sure you'll like bits of it if that's the case. That one I just shared is one of the more "melodic" songs in terms of having a chorus.

TWTD never forgets…

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:07 - Jun 21 with 1974 viewsThrobbe

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 10:18 - Jun 21 by monytowbray

It's a mix, some songs verge on grindy and doomy, whereas others are more Hardcore and Post Punk.

Sure you'll like bits of it if that's the case. That one I just shared is one of the more "melodic" songs in terms of having a chorus.

Cool, I'll give it a listen.

I'm coming around to liking some Doom bands. I'd always thought the whole genre was a futile attempt to top Morbid Angel's Where The Slime Live. It still hasn't happened, but there's some good stuff in there, it works live. I'm getting too old for a proper pit, some slow nodding along suits me fine.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:36 - Jun 21 with 1940 viewsericclacton

That's not a bad effort at all, the aggression is there without doubt, It would help your overall sound if you collectively pooled some money together to have your work mixed and mastered by a pro, at the moment you sound as though your recording took place in a biscuit tin. upthetowen.

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:44 - Jun 21 with 1926 viewsmonytowbray

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:36 - Jun 21 by ericclacton

That's not a bad effort at all, the aggression is there without doubt, It would help your overall sound if you collectively pooled some money together to have your work mixed and mastered by a pro, at the moment you sound as though your recording took place in a biscuit tin. upthetowen.

We kind of went with the biscuit tin sound. We actually unpolished it a bit as we thought it needed to be more lofi and support our "sound".

Our bassist mixed and mastered it. He's just started out with that stuff, might not pass on the feedback as he spent a few weeks losing every evening to mixing/mastering the album. He may actually cry and/or kill someone!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:56 - Jun 21 with 1915 viewsericclacton

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:44 - Jun 21 by monytowbray

We kind of went with the biscuit tin sound. We actually unpolished it a bit as we thought it needed to be more lofi and support our "sound".

Our bassist mixed and mastered it. He's just started out with that stuff, might not pass on the feedback as he spent a few weeks losing every evening to mixing/mastering the album. He may actually cry and/or kill someone!

You're on the right track, the sound just needs to be opened up to come across with a bigger effect, this is only my opinion.
Also rehearse as much as pos and good luck.
My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:00 - Jun 21 with 1906 viewsHalf_Idiot

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 09:32 - Jun 21 by monytowbray

Single Mothers are a fantastic band! Drew Thompson's lyrics are brilliant
My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:01 - Jun 21 with 1904 viewsmonytowbray

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 11:56 - Jun 21 by ericclacton

You're on the right track, the sound just needs to be opened up to come across with a bigger effect, this is only my opinion.
Also rehearse as much as pos and good luck.

We do a couple of hours a week at present. Our last show was a house party which was a lot of fun :)

TWTD never forgets…

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 1877 viewsmonytowbray

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:00 - Jun 21 by Half_Idiot

Single Mothers are a fantastic band! Drew Thompson's lyrics are brilliant

Have you heard his new solo stuff?

I am a total fanboy for him and that band. I have the pentagram dreamcatcher tattooed on my arm.

He's a lovely bloke too, spoke to him a couple of times when they've played over here. Fun fact - He owns a Cheap Heat T-shirt because I posted him one. Whether he's ever worn it is anyone's guess!

TWTD never forgets…

My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:23 - Jun 21 with 1873 viewsJeanManuelThetis

You guys have got something great! The vocal is spot on. Disagree with other posters comments on the production, the lofi vibe is great for where you guys are at. Anything more slick wouldn't make sense right now. As you get tighter and develop you could then step it up to the next level and record to tape with an experienced producer.
My band's just uploaded another new song... on 12:42 - Jun 21 with 1853 viewsMaySixth

This sounds dreadful

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024