Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. 21:50 - Jun 20 with 8324 viewsJoeSoap

I think they were desperate to get rid of me and the only way I could walk out of the place was with a new set wheels.

First day try out in Chichester, feeling a little self conscious to say the least, taking it carefully, and I was very nearly knocked off the pavement by some 80 year old granny overtaking me with one of these flash 4 wheel jobs, tutting as she passed.

I wouldn't have felt so humiliated, but mines a dull blue three wheeler with a zip-up plastic shopping bag, and hers was a pimped metallic purple, with seat and metal basket!

I'm home now and never leaving the house again.

and yes this is a true story.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:50 - Jun 21 with 1490 viewsGlasgowBlue

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:12 - Jun 21 by JoeSoap

I'm doing my best. Treating life as an eclectic adventure Benters, as long as I'm mobile which is what makes this last episode so frustrating.
Loving life otherwise, teaching my daughter how to paint, draw and take photographs, and dragging my wife around dusty auction houses looking for aesthetically pleasing rubbish.

Fantastic stuff Joe. Keep strong mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:57 - Jun 21 with 1487 viewspoppiesman

We got one of those 4 wheeled walkers for my Dad about 5 years ago from the NHS.
Probably the best thing he has ever received, as he was able to walk at least 10 times further with it than any walking stick etc. Plus it gave him so much ore confidence in going out and about,
I had a job to keep up with him at times once he got going with it.
Unfortunately the walker is now redundant in the garage as Dad has become housebound in the last 4-5 months and can't even stand up now.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 7:59]
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. (n/t) on 08:04 - Jun 21 with 1472 viewsCotty

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:27 - Jun 20 by JoeSoap

Thanks, but having been treated for a fracture to my back I think that the initial launch would probably finish me off.

[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 8:06]
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 08:53 - Jun 21 with 1453 viewssolemio

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:09 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

I would imagine Chichester is very much the capital of the walking frame.

Worthing.
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 09:44 - Jun 21 with 1440 viewsericclacton

Thinking of you Joe always, you got the music in you, eric.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 09:51 - Jun 21 with 1433 viewsEdwardStone

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:24 - Jun 21 by JoeSoap

Ah, Mr Stone, hope you all had a great time last weekend I was so frustrated I couldn't join you, as was little Jen. Never mind we stay optimistic and aim for next year, unless we can arrange a camping visit in the mean time.
In the PM chat the other day you referred to East Dean, I forgot there are two in Sussex, thought you were talking about the one near Brighton, but there's one only a few miles from me near Goodwood. Anyway if you're passing en route let me know and we'll meet up.

Weekend went well, thank you. We raised a glass to you and your family. Next year you will be here with us , I'm sure

Sorry to say that the East Dean connection has been severed a couple of days ago....no idea which one it was.

I have been Cat Flapped, or Light Bulbed or whatever the correct term is when O L D goes bad (On Line Dating)

Shame really, she looked absolutely stunning and seemed keen....then she fled. Story of my life, truth be told

Best wishes for ongoing recovery

But
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 10:00 - Jun 21 with 1428 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 09:44 - Jun 21 by ericclacton

Thinking of you Joe always, you got the music in you, eric.

Well at least being home I can confidently use the gifs again.
I'm not allowed to stay up too late though, the Stannah stair lift gets locked at 10.30pm.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 10:10 - Jun 21 with 1418 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 09:51 - Jun 21 by EdwardStone

Weekend went well, thank you. We raised a glass to you and your family. Next year you will be here with us , I'm sure

Sorry to say that the East Dean connection has been severed a couple of days ago....no idea which one it was.

I have been Cat Flapped, or Light Bulbed or whatever the correct term is when O L D goes bad (On Line Dating)

Shame really, she looked absolutely stunning and seemed keen....then she fled. Story of my life, truth be told

Best wishes for ongoing recovery

But

Well Mrs Soap cannot believe that anyone would cat flap you either (I have no idea about terminology surrounding on line dating either) and thinks you were obviously too good for her.

Mind you, looking at me, her taste in men could be described as questionable.

Login to get fewer ads

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 10:52 - Jun 21 with 1398 viewsEdwardStone

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 10:10 - Jun 21 by JoeSoap

Well Mrs Soap cannot believe that anyone would cat flap you either (I have no idea about terminology surrounding on line dating either) and thinks you were obviously too good for her.

Mind you, looking at me, her taste in men could be described as questionable.

I disagree Joe, clearly she has exquisite taste in blokes....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024