Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. 21:50 - Jun 20 with 8334 viewsJoeSoap

I think they were desperate to get rid of me and the only way I could walk out of the place was with a new set wheels.

First day try out in Chichester, feeling a little self conscious to say the least, taking it carefully, and I was very nearly knocked off the pavement by some 80 year old granny overtaking me with one of these flash 4 wheel jobs, tutting as she passed.

I wouldn't have felt so humiliated, but mines a dull blue three wheeler with a zip-up plastic shopping bag, and hers was a pimped metallic purple, with seat and metal basket!

I'm home now and never leaving the house again.

and yes this is a true story.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 6785 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Upgrade to one of those electric ones and she will think twice about messing with you again.

Seriously, I hope you do find something suitable to get around with and are more considerate to other pavement users than she clearly was.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 21:55 - Jun 20 with 6763 viewsfarkenhell

Come on Joe - you should have picked up some speed, taken her on the inside and flicked her the bird as you passed.

Next time perhaps...
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 21:59 - Jun 20 with 6745 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 21:55 - Jun 20 by farkenhell

Come on Joe - you should have picked up some speed, taken her on the inside and flicked her the bird as you passed.

Next time perhaps...

To be fair it was my first time out, and I am using the Reliant Robin of walking frames.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 6726 viewsfactual_blue

I would imagine Chichester is very much the capital of the walking frame.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:15 - Jun 20 with 6705 viewsfactual_blue

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 21:59 - Jun 20 by JoeSoap

To be fair it was my first time out, and I am using the Reliant Robin of walking frames.

Out-pimp them

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:15 - Jun 20 with 6707 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:09 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

I would imagine Chichester is very much the capital of the walking frame.

Absolutely, it's a frightening place, and don't forget it's also headquarters of the infamous Shippams Paste.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:16 - Jun 20 with 6699 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:15 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

Out-pimp them

I've bought some handlebar tassels, does that count?

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:17 - Jun 20 with 6688 viewsjaykay

still its blue, not yellow, joe

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:23 - Jun 20 with 6673 viewsRyorry

Clearly all you need is one of these -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43732035

xx

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:26 - Jun 20 with 6655 viewsPinewoodblue

I am sure it is good to be out though. The other good thing about it is it was provided by the NHS, you didn't have to pay for it.

Wife has the 4 wheel version but in blue, she can manage an Aldi shop, I push the trolley behind her, but not up to hitting Tesco yet.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:27 - Jun 20 with 6649 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:23 - Jun 20 by Ryorry

Clearly all you need is one of these -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43732035

xx

Thanks, but having been treated for a fracture to my back I think that the initial launch would probably finish me off.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 6628 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:26 - Jun 20 by Pinewoodblue

I am sure it is good to be out though. The other good thing about it is it was provided by the NHS, you didn't have to pay for it.

Wife has the 4 wheel version but in blue, she can manage an Aldi shop, I push the trolley behind her, but not up to hitting Tesco yet.

Your wife wasn't in Chichester today was she? grey hair? horn rimmed glasses?

Actually the NHS didn't provide it, it was St. Wilfred's Hospice, and just leaving a hospice alive is to be celebrated .

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:43 - Jun 20 with 6574 viewsPinewoodblue

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:32 - Jun 20 by JoeSoap

Your wife wasn't in Chichester today was she? grey hair? horn rimmed glasses?

Actually the NHS didn't provide it, it was St. Wilfred's Hospice, and just leaving a hospice alive is to be celebrated .

Not got a grey hair on her head, red heads are the last to go grey. She is still a bit slow on her feet couldn't overtake anything.

Seem to remember the pavements in Chichester are a bit uneven.Good t hear you are out and about.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:47 - Jun 20 with 6561 viewsKeno

Yay!!

Well done you!!

Nice wheels tho

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:58 - Jun 20 with 6509 viewsfactual_blue

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:16 - Jun 20 by JoeSoap

I've bought some handlebar tassels, does that count?

Every journey starts with a single step.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:59 - Jun 20 with 6509 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:47 - Jun 20 by Keno

Yay!!

Well done you!!

Nice wheels tho

Got a brand new super duper top spec car and I'm not allowed to drive it because of my new drug habit, but I get to push around a glorified shopping trolley/Zimmer frame hybrid.
Life has hit an all time low.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 23:03 - Jun 20 with 6484 viewsnorth_stand77

Try not to break any speed limits Joe......

On second thoughts, Try and break any speed limits you can Joe!😁
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 23:05 - Jun 20 with 6483 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:43 - Jun 20 by Pinewoodblue

Not got a grey hair on her head, red heads are the last to go grey. She is still a bit slow on her feet couldn't overtake anything.

Seem to remember the pavements in Chichester are a bit uneven.Good t hear you are out and about.

Thanks, yes there's nothing modern about Chichester especially the paving. It's a lovely little city as long as you're fit and healthy enough to negotiate the streets. I'm clearly not.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 23:08 - Jun 20 with 6471 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:17 - Jun 20 by jaykay

still its blue, not yellow, joe

I knew someone would find a positive, well spotted.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 00:01 - Jun 21 with 6311 viewsRyorry

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 22:27 - Jun 20 by JoeSoap

Thanks, but having been treated for a fracture to my back I think that the initial launch would probably finish me off.

Ah, well in that case the only thing you're good for is the ITFC first team squad I'm afraid

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 05:17 - Jun 21 with 6161 viewsBenters2

Stay strong Joe.
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:12 - Jun 21 with 6045 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 05:17 - Jun 21 by Benters2

Stay strong Joe.

I'm doing my best. Treating life as an eclectic adventure Benters, as long as I'm mobile which is what makes this last episode so frustrating.
Loving life otherwise, teaching my daughter how to paint, draw and take photographs, and dragging my wife around dusty auction houses looking for aesthetically pleasing rubbish.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:14 - Jun 21 with 6040 viewsEdwardStone

Hi Joe

Congrats on leaving the Hospice alive....not many folks manage that

Mum has one of each of the buggies, a flashy chrome 3 wheeler and a snazzy blue four wheeler. The four wheel is more useful for longer journeys, she can have a sit-down breather and then she returns home from the market with it laden with shopping bags cunningly attached to the handlebars with a series of clips and emergency string

The 3 wheel is more nippy and manoeuvrable....much better for SAS type "In fast, Out fast" missions like the local museum or maybe a jaunt to see her mates for coffee in the local Costa Fortune

But I reckon an electric buggy is the way forward....just remove the small electric motor and pop in high powered V twin Harley engine. Should be good for 150mph plus, with a bit of work to the gearbox...that should get you a bit of respect from the Grannies of Chichester

Shippams Bloater Paste....Satan's Rancid Arse Gravy....brings back terrible memories
So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:24 - Jun 21 with 6006 viewsJoeSoap

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:14 - Jun 21 by EdwardStone

Hi Joe

Congrats on leaving the Hospice alive....not many folks manage that

Mum has one of each of the buggies, a flashy chrome 3 wheeler and a snazzy blue four wheeler. The four wheel is more useful for longer journeys, she can have a sit-down breather and then she returns home from the market with it laden with shopping bags cunningly attached to the handlebars with a series of clips and emergency string

The 3 wheel is more nippy and manoeuvrable....much better for SAS type "In fast, Out fast" missions like the local museum or maybe a jaunt to see her mates for coffee in the local Costa Fortune

But I reckon an electric buggy is the way forward....just remove the small electric motor and pop in high powered V twin Harley engine. Should be good for 150mph plus, with a bit of work to the gearbox...that should get you a bit of respect from the Grannies of Chichester

Shippams Bloater Paste....Satan's Rancid Arse Gravy....brings back terrible memories

Ah, Mr Stone, hope you all had a great time last weekend I was so frustrated I couldn't join you, as was little Jen. Never mind we stay optimistic and aim for next year, unless we can arrange a camping visit in the mean time.
In the PM chat the other day you referred to East Dean, I forgot there are two in Sussex, thought you were talking about the one near Brighton, but there's one only a few miles from me near Goodwood. Anyway if you're passing en route let me know and we'll meet up.

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:30 - Jun 21 with 5985 viewsBenters2

So they kicked me out of the hospice yesterday and gave me one of these. on 07:12 - Jun 21 by JoeSoap

I'm doing my best. Treating life as an eclectic adventure Benters, as long as I'm mobile which is what makes this last episode so frustrating.
Loving life otherwise, teaching my daughter how to paint, draw and take photographs, and dragging my wife around dusty auction houses looking for aesthetically pleasing rubbish.

Fantastic stuff mate,all the best x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024