Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... 07:48 - Jun 21 with 930 viewsunstableblue

... he is becoming the master of disinformation. And it’s almost like much of the main stream are falling into line.

It is a scandal... that Trump is claiming that the separation of families was a law from the Obama days. It’s a complete. His administration has put in a policy of zero tolerance and guidance that has caused it. That is the truth.

And yet he and his daughter and Fox now smokescreen that this horrendous policy was out of their hands.

And it is horrendous. Listening to some US based human rights lawyers this morning, it’s not just physical separation they go into two different systems and completely lose track and visibility of their child’s whereabouts.

And yet why aren’t th big headlines around Trump lying? Because the media is punch drunk, becoming toothless. And now the CNN, Time and Washington Times who continue to fight are tarred as liberals.. and marginalised.

The other outrageous lie that Trump has fed his base is that the refugees are actually Mexican gangs using unconnected children as shields - this is a total fabrication. And yet you see Trump and seemingly well educated Republican voters repeating this line. Their conflict and political refugees in the most part fleeing Central American countries.

It’s like 1984.... feed the hate, build the division!

On another note I hope we get a Bolton or northern away fixture for our second league game!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 09:38 - Jun 21 with 854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh yeah, he's got it sown up nicely. He may not be the father of propaganda, but people can't deal with his brazen and direct approach. He's taken things to a new level in a democratic country. His supporters don't care, he's giving them the ammunition they need via Twitter they need to rebuke any claims against him. He continually smears his opponents to discredit them. He deliberately conflates issues (e.g. immigration & drug pushers or terrorism) to either confuse or to polarise, depending on whether he's on the attack or defensive.

Feed the hate, build the division indeed.

I wouldn't mind as much if we, and some other countries in Europe, weren't going in a similar direction. Did you see the issue about the Roma people in Italy recently? The new far-right government is planning to carry out a census and make them carry identity cards, before rounding up and deporting whoever they can. But also using inflammatory hateful language to describe the Roma, some of whom are their own, rightful Italian citizens of course.

Feed the fear, build the division.

Feed the hate, build the division.

Border line fascism. Or 'popularism' as it's being rebranded.

We do a good line in it ourselves:

I do worry where all this is taking us. Hopefully the innate human tendency towards kindness will be enough to see this all off, but we've seen how effective these groups are at generating popular opinion and turning 'normal' people into hateful little sh*ts (#FreeTommy).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:09 - Jun 21 with 835 viewsunstableblue

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 09:38 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

Oh yeah, he's got it sown up nicely. He may not be the father of propaganda, but people can't deal with his brazen and direct approach. He's taken things to a new level in a democratic country. His supporters don't care, he's giving them the ammunition they need via Twitter they need to rebuke any claims against him. He continually smears his opponents to discredit them. He deliberately conflates issues (e.g. immigration & drug pushers or terrorism) to either confuse or to polarise, depending on whether he's on the attack or defensive.

Feed the hate, build the division indeed.

I wouldn't mind as much if we, and some other countries in Europe, weren't going in a similar direction. Did you see the issue about the Roma people in Italy recently? The new far-right government is planning to carry out a census and make them carry identity cards, before rounding up and deporting whoever they can. But also using inflammatory hateful language to describe the Roma, some of whom are their own, rightful Italian citizens of course.

Feed the fear, build the division.

Feed the hate, build the division.

Border line fascism. Or 'popularism' as it's being rebranded.

We do a good line in it ourselves:

I do worry where all this is taking us. Hopefully the innate human tendency towards kindness will be enough to see this all off, but we've seen how effective these groups are at generating popular opinion and turning 'normal' people into hateful little sh*ts (#FreeTommy).

Great post Swansea. His style and messaging at the recent Minnesota rally is quite something....

- belittle the media and try to make them seem invalid (the media did actually report on the size of crowd)
- push the child separation onto the previous administration (lie), then try to make out this is part of a conspiracy to undermine him by the liberal elite
- demonise immigrants and directly link them all to Mexican gang infiltration and crime - FEED THE FEAR
- mocking and belittling of a protester - "go home to mummy"
- and then the ego "They always call the other side ‘the elite’. Why are they elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t. And I’m representing the greatest, smartest most loyal best people on Earth — the deplorables, remember that?"

As you say the world seems to be lurching to this isolationist, hate first agenda, because ultimately Trump is being successful. Whilst the damage to US society runs deeper. His intervention in German immigration is appalling, yes of course there have been challenges in the Germans very humane stance... but also 100s if not 1000s of wonderful.

I don't know where it will take us... but society in the US needs a reset.

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:11 - Jun 21 with 828 viewsStokieBlue

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:09 - Jun 21 by unstableblue

Great post Swansea. His style and messaging at the recent Minnesota rally is quite something....

- belittle the media and try to make them seem invalid (the media did actually report on the size of crowd)
- push the child separation onto the previous administration (lie), then try to make out this is part of a conspiracy to undermine him by the liberal elite
- demonise immigrants and directly link them all to Mexican gang infiltration and crime - FEED THE FEAR
- mocking and belittling of a protester - "go home to mummy"
- and then the ego "They always call the other side ‘the elite’. Why are they elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t. And I’m representing the greatest, smartest most loyal best people on Earth — the deplorables, remember that?"

As you say the world seems to be lurching to this isolationist, hate first agenda, because ultimately Trump is being successful. Whilst the damage to US society runs deeper. His intervention in German immigration is appalling, yes of course there have been challenges in the Germans very humane stance... but also 100s if not 1000s of wonderful.

I don't know where it will take us... but society in the US needs a reset.

Look at what he did at the G7:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-angela-merke

Crazy stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:19 - Jun 21 with 805 viewsNo9

The power of the right and their media support should never, ever be underestimated.
The ability of the left to counter this should never be overestimated.

One only has to watch programmes like Marr to se how in control of the media the right has become.
It is even worese in the states where Fox news can & does distort reality every day

We can form our own opinions but we will always find plenty of Telegraph & mail readers to tell us why we are wrong.

The wolrd is becoming a very unpleasant place
Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:22 - Jun 21 with 800 viewsunstableblue

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:11 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-angela-merke

Crazy stuff.

SB

Stokie what's really crazy is how he lies to convince people that there wasn't hostility at the G7...

===== Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday morning that the “Fake News Media” were only sharing unflattering images from the summit to make him appear incompetent. “I have a great relationship with Angela Merkel of Germany, but the Fake News Media only shows the bad photos (implying anger) of negotiating an agreement – where I am asking for things that no other American President would ask for!” ======

That's just a lie, blatant. He does not have great relationship with Angela Merkel. But he doesn't need the truth with his base..... he just blames fake news. Again again and again.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP.... but he doesn't seem to be getting called to account for it. It is unbelievable.

Below is another good one.... stirring up the far right and immigration negativity in Germany (i'm sure Angela was pleased with that one!!):
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/world/europe/fact-check-trump-germany.html

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:23 - Jun 21 with 797 viewsNo9

Has Trump won the media and fake news battle... on 10:11 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

Crazy stuff.

SB

What is more of a concern is the more Trump act like this the higher his stock rises in the homeland?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024