Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 13:10 - Jun 21 with 1575 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

2:30 — Norfolk Stakes (Group 2)
I am on SHANG SHANG SHANG (5/1) antepost for this at 6/1 and she was as short as 5/2 for thi race yesterday. However, after the poor run from Chelsea Cloisters in the Queen Mary, she’s been on the drift ever since. In most years after seeing her drift like this, I’d think of backing something else to accompany my antepost angle. However, I’ll leave myself with just her in the race as I think the British contingent in this race are very closely matched on form. Vintage Brut extended his unbeaten record to two in the National Stakes beating Konchek but the latter stormed home and this stiff finish will suit. I’d expect that form from Sandown to be reversed here. Land Force has been steadily backed overnight for Aiden O’Brien but his for in Ireland doesn’t scream Norfolk winner. Charming Kid looked useful at York on debut and this has been the target ever since. He could go well for a place.
1st — Shang Shang Shang 5/1
2nd — Konchek 7/2
3rd — Charming Kid 15/2

3:05 — Hampton Court Stakes (Group 3)
I looked at this race yesterday and couldn’t believe my eyes when WADILSAFA (13/2) was priced up at 9/1 and I snapped that up. Excellent on his seasonal debut over a mile, he looks as though the extra two furlongs will suit and he’s bred to be special. He showed that day at Newmarket that he will relish the ground and I think he should be somewhere around 5/1 at the off. 9s was a gift from the racing gods. I’ve also ditched him with KEY VICTORY (9/2) who ran with credit in the French Derby last time after winning a decent contest prior to that. He sets the standard on form and is another who should be shorter that his current price in my opinion. Hunting Horn was only just in front of him that day but had a better passage through and has disappointed on multiple times when well backed. Nordic Lights ran ok in the Dante in fifth but probably needs to find more and William Buick sides with Key Victory. He had looked useful before that though. Crossed Baton won the Derby trial at Epsom before a poor run in the Dante and needs to resume the progress showed before that run to figure.
1st — Wadilsafa 13/2
2nd — Key Victory 9/2
3rd — Nordic Lights 8/1

3:40 — Ribblesdale Stakes (Group 2)
I was on Wild Allusion for the Oaks and she ran well in second though it looked like a poor renewal. She sets the standard on form but may have preferred softer conditions. Magic Wand looked good on this ground at Chester and can run well here whilst Perfect Clarity was very disappointing that day when well fancied by many but she probably hated the ground. She has been backed for this overnight. The selection instead goes to SUN MAIDEN (11/4) for Sir Michael Stoute. The Ascot most-winning trainer often sends a good one to this and she will be fresh after skipping the Oaks. She looked magnificent when smashing a weak field at Salisbury by 11 lengths and will love this ground. She must go well here surely.
1st — Sun Maiden 11/4
2nd — Wild Allusion 11/4
3rd — Perfect Clarity 10/1

4:20 — Ascot Gold Cup (Group 1)
What a race! As flat racing goes, this is just brilliant. French champion stayer Vazirabad finally comes over to take on superstar Order of St George and rising star STRADIVARIUS (15/8). Vazirabad has a potent turn of foot for a stayer which is a huge positive for a race like this but he may have wanted a bit of rain. The same can be said for previous champion Order of St George who bids to regain his crown he narrowly lost last year by a nostril. The O’Brien star can cope with various trips and has a huge engine. He will be doing his best work at the finish as he has so often done at Ascot with a rattling finish. His victory on soft ground on Champions day last season was stunning as he had very little chance it seemed with two furlongs to run before nabbing Torcedor on the line. Torcedor goes here having looked good in the Sagaro earlier this season and is a solid each way play at a nice price. Stradivarius was a running on third that day on ground softer than he would have wanted which highlights his ability. The firmer surface plays to last year’s Queen’s Vase winner at this meeting and he must go close if running to form. He’s still improving based on his close run in last year’s St Leger and his reappearance when devouring a good field with plenty in hand.
1st — Stradivarius -15/5
2nd — Order of St George 15/8
3rd — Torcedor 11/1

5:00 — Britannia Stakes (Heritage Handicap)
Dreamfield in Saturday’s Wokingham is my idea handicap banker of the week and I can’t wait to see him scorch the Ascot turf again but many shrewd people believe CRACK ON CRACK ON (8/1) is the one to follow from the handicaps this week. Having looked at the form, he looked a solid selection for this. But then after watching the previous races from him, he flew home despite suffering a terrible passage through to get up on the line last time and this stiff mile will suit him entirely. He has his ground and this was always the target. Off just 8st 12lb, it will take something seriously well handicapped to beat him. First Contact has been very well supported in the last 24 hours for this but this is a huge step up in class. George Of Hearts shaped as though a mile would bring further improvement last time and is vying for favouritism with my selection. Jamie Spencer will deliver him fast and late to try to land this prestigious handicap for three year olds. Bond Street is consistent but may lack the scope of some others who should improve past him. Stylehunter surged clear at Lingfield in the style of a good horse and can be the best of the rest.
1st — Crack On Crack On 8/1
2nd — George of Hearts 8/1
3rd — Bond Street 14/1
4th — Stylehunter 20/1
5th — First Contact 9/1

5:35 — King George V Stakes (Handicap)
Another tough handicap for three year olds to close out day three here with plenty in with chances. Cross Counter goes for Godolphin who won this last year with a well backed favourite but this is a step up in class. First Eleven comes from a good yard and has the high-flying Frankie Dettori on his back. The Gosden inmate has looked a good horse this season and can improve again here. He looks to be well handicapped for a race of this nature. The selection instead goes to COMMUNIQUE (13/2) who won a decent race last time and the 9lb hike looks fair. That was the first time he encountered faster ground and he relished it. He gets that ground again today and will bid to win again for trainer Mark Johnstone. Corgi could be the one to look at each way at a big price.
1st — Communique 13/2
2nd — First Eleven 11/2
3rd — Cross Counter 11/2
4th — Corgi 14/1

Bets:
2:30 — SHANG SHANG SHANG @ 6/1 (antepost)
3:05 — WADILSAFA @ 9/1 & KEY VICTORY @ 9/2
3:40 — SUN MAIDEN @ 11/4
4:20 — STRADIVARIUS (NAP) @ 15/8
5:00 — CRACK ON CRACK ON @ 8/1
5:35 — COMMUNIQUE @ 13/2

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 14:35 - Jun 21 with 1444 viewscrunchie1978

Phew only just good start guv.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 14:36 - Jun 21 with 1442 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

£25 at 6/1 last week

A good start

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 15:08 - Jun 21 with 1406 viewsSitfcB

ffs had 2nd in the 14:30. 28/1 not e/w. £2.03 back as a free bet.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 16:29 - Jun 21 with 1336 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oi oi oi oi oi!!!!

The two big bets of the day go in! The absolute scenes here lads!

Up ya good tings

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 1330 viewsWestover

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 16:29 - Jun 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Oi oi oi oi oi!!!!

The two big bets of the day go in! The absolute scenes here lads!

Up ya good tings

Well done Rommy you beat me in the Gold Cup my only bet so far was vazirabad each way 😯
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 17:06 - Jun 21 with 1311 viewscrunchie1978

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot - Day 3 on 14:36 - Jun 21 by The_Romford_Blue

£25 at 6/1 last week

A good start

Good pick that antepost guv.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024