Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so many good photos from the 70s and 80s 18:24 - Jun 21 with 2080 viewsIllinoisblue

from the British Culture Archive. Some of these actually make me feel a tad homesick:

https://www.instagram.com/britishculturearchive/

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 19:05 - Jun 21 with 2028 viewsallezlesbleus

Quality!

Love everyone diving off shipping containers, or out of bedroom windows onto old mattresses!

The 2 german shepherds on top of the building is class.

Is that Pat Jennings or Trevor Brooking, kicking a ball in the street, in his suit and tie?

So good to see everyone interacting with each other, rather than being glued to their mobile phones...……..
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 19:07]
so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 19:13 - Jun 21 with 2012 viewsIllinoisblue

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 19:05 - Jun 21 by allezlesbleus

Quality!

Love everyone diving off shipping containers, or out of bedroom windows onto old mattresses!

The 2 german shepherds on top of the building is class.

Is that Pat Jennings or Trevor Brooking, kicking a ball in the street, in his suit and tie?

So good to see everyone interacting with each other, rather than being glued to their mobile phones...……..
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 19:07]

I do wonder if kids nowadays have all their activities mapped out for them in an overly structured way. Never happier as a parent when my 8-year-old goes off on a bike ride with his buddies to a creek to build a fort.

Take that fortnite!

62 - 78 - 81

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 20:05 - Jun 21 with 1963 viewsSwansea_Blue

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 19:13 - Jun 21 by Illinoisblue

I do wonder if kids nowadays have all their activities mapped out for them in an overly structured way. Never happier as a parent when my 8-year-old goes off on a bike ride with his buddies to a creek to build a fort.

Take that fortnite!

You can stop wondering, as they do.

It's a double pain in the arse. Kids don't learn independence and parents are constantly on an entertainment treadmill with little time for anything else.

My childhood would be unrecognisable to a kid these days, and I'm not that old.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 21:14 - Jun 21 with 1913 viewsIllinoisblue

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 20:05 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

It's a double pain in the arse. Kids don't learn independence and parents are constantly on an entertainment treadmill with little time for anything else.

same here; the six week summer holidays were us getting on our bikes in the morning to go play footy/cricket at the park, then fooling about by the river. All day long. I'm not even sure we went home for lunch. "Be home before it gets dark"

No phones, no organization, just pure organic play/mischief.

62 - 78 - 81

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 22:28 - Jun 21 with 1832 viewsjaykay

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 20:05 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

as kids in the 50s 60s we had sweet f.a. as did our parents. the good thing was we didnt know we we poor because everyone i knew was in the same boat.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 08:55 - Jun 22 with 1668 viewsLeaky

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 22:28 - Jun 21 by jaykay

as kids in the 50s 60s we had sweet f.a. as did our parents. the good thing was we didnt know we we poor because everyone i knew was in the same boat.

Yes agree with that. Problem is can't remember it ever raining back in the day. Probably played monopoly when it did rain.
so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 10:39 - Jun 22 with 1623 viewsconnorscontract

I can't trust a site that mis-captions a picture of Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi relaxing after a gig...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg8AzGLFRwY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lbs79
so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 10:49 - Jun 22 with 1614 viewsLord_Lucan

Just flicked through the lot, they are brilliant.

I could spend all day looking at old photos like that and many remind me of my childhood - which at the same time depresses me as I am not dealing very well with getting old.

The picture of the boat parked outside the Bullseye champions house - on the street - is brilliant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXxwEokAI61/?taken-by=britishculturearchive
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 11:08]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 11:53 - Jun 22 with 1584 viewsKeno

so many good photos from the 70s and 80s on 10:39 - Jun 22 by connorscontract

I can't trust a site that mis-captions a picture of Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi relaxing after a gig...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg8AzGLFRwY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lbs79

that made I laugh

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024