Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping 18:32 - Jun 21 with 4016 viewsMullet

He wouldn't exactly have to look far to find historical precedence, and the accusation still follows Spain and Maradonna around it seems judging by topical tweets this tournament.

Seems a little keen to me though. Assuming they don't get some South Korea style refereeing and go that far in the knock outs, does this prove that much?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 18:51 - Jun 21 with 3925 viewsbournemouthblue

Who knows

Probably still too early to judge at this stage?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 18:53 - Jun 21 with 3906 viewsBent_double

Have to say it's the first thing that came to mind during the Egypt game, I certainly wouldn't put it past them - but maybe they're just upping their game on the back of the fantastic support they're getting?

On things for sure, he's a brave man to put that out there...!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:20 - Jun 21 with 3852 viewsnshearman1

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 18:51 - Jun 21 by bournemouthblue

Who knows

Probably still too early to judge at this stage?

Two games in and they're an entirely different team - I doubt we'll see anything more obvious but fearful media desperate to keep the rights will shy away from reporting it, and FIFA are hardly likely to investigate in this, the Corrupt Cup.
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:26 - Jun 21 with 3820 viewsLord_Lucan

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:20 - Jun 21 by nshearman1

Two games in and they're an entirely different team - I doubt we'll see anything more obvious but fearful media desperate to keep the rights will shy away from reporting it, and FIFA are hardly likely to investigate in this, the Corrupt Cup.

Are you suggesting that one of the most corrupt nations in the world is doing some dodgy stuff with one of the most corrupt organisations in the world?

Mmmmm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:29 - Jun 21 with 3807 viewsJ2BLUE

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:20 - Jun 21 by nshearman1

They've been playing friendlies for two years. Can't really judge them based on that. Completely different ball game playing in the world cup in front of your own fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:35 - Jun 21 with 3791 viewsm14_blue

Bluesquid is not going to like this........

Looks to me like most of the games in Group A have seen teams cover lots of distance, maybe due to the teams being relatively profligate in possession?

Not sure there's anything in this really.*

* I reserve the right to change my mind if and when they beat England.
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 20:24 - Jun 21 with 3660 viewsOldsmoker

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:26 - Jun 21 by Lord_Lucan

Are you suggesting that one of the most corrupt nations in the world is doing some dodgy stuff with one of the most corrupt organisations in the world?

Mmmmm

I'd keep quiet if I were you m' Lud.
Your front door might be sprayed with Novichok.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 20:30 - Jun 21 with 3644 viewsGuthrum

A little tricky, this. The mean can be affected by tactical effects, for example a team spending all game pinned in its own area will run far less than one in an open, end-to-end match (i.e. it may not be fitness which is reducing their mileage).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 3569 viewsStokieBlue

The Guardian podcast were hinting at the same thing yesterday. No hopers suddenly able to run more than any other team.

Wasn't there a FIFA investigation into Russia which was quietly shelved pre-tournament?

All circumstantial though, it's not evidence so we have to accept they are just super-duper for now.

It's also far from an ironclad statistical method he's using.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 21:10]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:12 - Jun 21 with 3546 viewsBluesquid

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 19:35 - Jun 21 by m14_blue

Bluesquid is not going to like this........

Looks to me like most of the games in Group A have seen teams cover lots of distance, maybe due to the teams being relatively profligate in possession?

Not sure there's anything in this really.*

* I reserve the right to change my mind if and when they beat England.

Hehe, reading some of the comments. Jesting of course, right?
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:13 - Jun 21 with 3541 viewsKeno

Where CIL when you need a balanced approach

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:16 - Jun 21 with 3520 viewsBluesquid

Maybe they are all asthmatics and are getting a little boost from their medicine.
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:25 - Jun 21 with 3483 viewsKeno

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:16 - Jun 21 by Bluesquid

Maybe they are all asthmatics and are getting a little boost from their medicine.

where did you get that thought frome?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:31 - Jun 21 with 3460 viewsm14_blue

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:12 - Jun 21 by Bluesquid

Hehe, reading some of the comments. Jesting of course, right?

It's a fair cop
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:36 - Jun 21 with 3438 viewsBluesquid

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 21:25 - Jun 21 by Keno

where did you get that thought frome?

Dunno really, just kind of fell from the Sky.
Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 22:20 - Jun 21 with 3363 viewsIllinoisblue

i bet it's the adrenaline rush of being the hosts and playing in front of an excited home crowd. If they win the tournament with their squad then the dope squad should be on full alert.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 22:28 - Jun 21 with 3329 viewsSamuelowen88

I assume there are doping test being carried out throughout the WC?

Or am I being naive ?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 10:38 - Jun 22 with 3063 viewsBryanPlug

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 22:28 - Jun 21 by Samuelowen88

Or am I being naive ?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 10:41 - Jun 22 with 3055 viewssoupytwist

Amateur statto is accusing Russia of doping on 22:28 - Jun 21 by Samuelowen88

Or am I being naive ?

Yes, there are. You can often see the people in their 'Doping control' high vis tabards in TV shots of the dugouts/technical areas.

The sample size is far too small at the moment and needs a bit more context. Interesting figures though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024