Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalabah 06:01 - Jun 22 with 4140 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Spoke to my father in law who is a Chelsea nut and in particular follows the youth sides very closely on Chelsea Fantv. He said he is an excellent young player however whether he is ready to play “men’s” football is another thing. He is one that they have talked about next coming through into the first team eventually so is highly regarded and much better than his brother at the same age.
Chalabah on 06:21 - Jun 22 with 4055 viewsitfcjoe

He’s an excellent prospect and will be fine playing men’s football, but he’s not up to level of his brother at same age.

Nathaniel was playing for England U17s at 14 and captain at 15 - that’s absolutely unheard of. He also had the equivalent of last season on loan at Watford and was brilliant.

Trevoh is a bit more raw, but will be a fine player if he gets a decent pathway which isn’t a given at Chelsea

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chalabah on 08:23 - Jun 22 with 3752 viewsJeff_winger

Much better than his brother at same age? If true he must be one he'll of a player. Wasn't his brother already playing in a first team by trev's age?
Chalabah on 08:26 - Jun 22 with 3740 viewsHerbivore

It seems a slightly odd move to me. I imagine Chelsea would want him to play pretty regularly at this stage of his development and I'm not sure we can offer that as I imagine Webster and Chambers will be first choice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chalabah on 08:44 - Jun 22 with 3677 viewsitfcjoe

Chalabah on 08:26 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

It seems a slightly odd move to me. I imagine Chelsea would want him to play pretty regularly at this stage of his development and I'm not sure we can offer that as I imagine Webster and Chambers will be first choice.

Can Webster be relied upon to stay fit, and If he can fill in at RB he’ll get games as no one has nailed it down. Chelsea wise, coming in at first team first reserve at Champ level as an 18 year old is about as good as you are likely to get

Chalabah on 08:53 - Jun 22 with 3639 viewsHerbivore

Chalabah on 08:44 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Can Webster be relied upon to stay fit, and If he can fill in at RB he’ll get games as no one has nailed it down. Chelsea wise, coming in at first team first reserve at Champ level as an 18 year old is about as good as you are likely to get

Don't get me wrong, from our point of view we need cover and a promising Prem youngster is a good way to go. If Webster stays fit though, and I appreciate it's a big if, then it's hard to see Chalobah playing all that much. I wouldn't want to see us sticking a CB at RB again if we can help it, I think despite a few shaky games Spence is a decent enough RB but agree it's a position that could be improved.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chalabah on 08:55 - Jun 22 with 3626 viewsKieran_Knows

Chalabah on 08:53 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

Don't get me wrong, from our point of view we need cover and a promising Prem youngster is a good way to go. If Webster stays fit though, and I appreciate it's a big if, then it's hard to see Chalobah playing all that much. I wouldn't want to see us sticking a CB at RB again if we can help it, I think despite a few shaky games Spence is a decent enough RB but agree it's a position that could be improved.

As per Phil's story, seems like that's what is holding the deal up (terms). Remember, last summer Mick said we were after Ike Ugbo from Chelsea, but we pulled out of the deal because they wanted guarantees that he'd be starting most games (and probably a payment for games he misses). I imagine it's the same with Trevoh Chalobah.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chalabah on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 3500 viewsGuthrum

Chalabah on 08:44 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Is he pencilled in as this season's Callum Connolly?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chalabah on 09:37 - Jun 22 with 3476 viewsGuthrum

Also depends whether Emmanuel breaks into the team after his successful loan.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Chalabah on 09:38 - Jun 22 with 3478 viewscrazyblue68

Chalabah on 08:55 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

As per Phil's story, seems like that's what is holding the deal up (terms). Remember, last summer Mick said we were after Ike Ugbo from Chelsea, but we pulled out of the deal because they wanted guarantees that he'd be starting most games (and probably a payment for games he misses). I imagine it's the same with Trevoh Chalobah.

Why should clubs like us be held to ransom over playing loan players? He is clearly too young to be a regular starter. Chelsea have about 40 kids loaned out every season. Nice little earner if they force everyones hand in that way. Anyway, arnt our own youngsters good enough? I see this as a pointless waste of our clubs money to be honest.
Chalabah on 09:42 - Jun 22 with 3452 viewsKieran_Knows

Chalabah on 09:38 - Jun 22 by crazyblue68

Why should clubs like us be held to ransom over playing loan players? He is clearly too young to be a regular starter. Chelsea have about 40 kids loaned out every season. Nice little earner if they force everyones hand in that way. Anyway, arnt our own youngsters good enough? I see this as a pointless waste of our clubs money to be honest.

Think that's just the way loan deals work these days. I'm sure someone mentioned it was the same with CCV from Spurs last season.

Chalabah on 09:48 - Jun 22 with 3428 viewsPhilTWTD

Chalabah on 09:42 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Think that's just the way loan deals work these days. I'm sure someone mentioned it was the same with CCV from Spurs last season.

I very much doubt MM would have agreed to a deal which involved any stipulation that someone definitely had to play, and indeed I think CCV was left on the bench at least once. They will want a reasonable expectation that Chalobah would play fairly regularly at least but not more than that, I would assume.
Chalabah on 09:50 - Jun 22 with 3420 viewsKieran_Knows

Chalabah on 09:48 - Jun 22 by PhilTWTD

I very much doubt MM would have agreed to a deal which involved any stipulation that someone definitely had to play, and indeed I think CCV was left on the bench at least once. They will want a reasonable expectation that Chalobah would play fairly regularly at least but not more than that, I would assume.

Was there any real doubt that CCV wasn't going to play though? Smith was off, and did Webster get injured around that time anyway?

Chalabah on 09:53 - Jun 22 with 3403 viewsPhilTWTD

Chalabah on 09:50 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Was there any real doubt that CCV wasn't going to play though? Smith was off, and did Webster get injured around that time anyway?

I think his lack of games was why he was called back from Sheffield United and certainly the situation at Town indicated that he would get some game time, even if I can't see there having been a formal agreement that he would definitely start or play a set number of matches or anything along those lines.
Chalabah on 09:54 - Jun 22 with 3399 viewsKieran_Knows

Chalabah on 09:53 - Jun 22 by PhilTWTD

I think his lack of games was why he was called back from Sheffield United and certainly the situation at Town indicated that he would get some game time, even if I can't see there having been a formal agreement that he would definitely start or play a set number of matches or anything along those lines.

Fair enough. Still, Hurst utilised the loan market well season, so don't think Chalobah should be dis-credited just yet!

Chalabah on 09:57 - Jun 22 with 3389 viewsPhilTWTD

Chalabah on 09:54 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough. Still, Hurst utilised the loan market well season, so don't think Chalobah should be dis-credited just yet!

No, not at all, not knocking down my own story! He was at the club on Tuesday for a chat and a look around and I think it's likely to happen, although there's probably interest from elsewhere. I think at 19 - which he will be in a week or so - a season where he's in and around a Championship side is just what he needs.
Chalabah on 09:59 - Jun 22 with 3378 viewsKieran_Knows

Chalabah on 09:57 - Jun 22 by PhilTWTD

No, not at all, not knocking down my own story! He was at the club on Tuesday for a chat and a look around and I think it's likely to happen, although there's probably interest from elsewhere. I think at 19 - which he will be in a week or so - a season where he's in and around a Championship side is just what he needs.

Ha I didn't mean you! Indeed, perhaps he'll start pre-season with us if there is just a few loose ends to tie up.

Chalabah on 10:04 - Jun 22 with 3365 viewsPhilTWTD

Chalabah on 09:59 - Jun 22 by Kieran_Knows

Ha I didn't mean you! Indeed, perhaps he'll start pre-season with us if there is just a few loose ends to tie up.

Not ruling that out, or maybe that he's signed up in time for the trip to Spain. But, as I said in the story, not yet done.
Chalabah on 10:05 - Jun 22 with 3359 viewsmonty_radio

If , as I assume you are, Chambers might be one that you're suggesting when you say you don't want a centre-back filling in, I just wonder about Doig's words re Chambo.

No doubt it was a joke when Doig said that Chambo's passing was a feature that hadn't improved in the ten years they'd known each other, but surely a kernel of truth and actual perception in there.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chalabah on 10:22 - Jun 22 with 3306 viewsBasuco

Chalabah on 08:23 - Jun 22 by Jeff_winger

Much better than his brother at same age? If true he must be one he'll of a player. Wasn't his brother already playing in a first team by trev's age?

Yes, but lacked the strength and stamina to play longer than an hour, in fact 45 minutes was about all he could cope with for several years.
Chalabah on 10:57 - Jun 22 with 3220 viewsnc41

Chalabah on 09:57 - Jun 22 by PhilTWTD

He was at the club? You mean Trevoh speaks welsh?
Chalabah on 11:26 - Jun 22 with 3113 viewsitfcjoe

Chalabah on 10:22 - Jun 22 by Basuco

Yes, but lacked the strength and stamina to play longer than an hour, in fact 45 minutes was about all he could cope with for several years.

I'm not sure that is the case, just went on bad loans after being so impressive at Watford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024