Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farewell to McGoldrick 16:16 - Jun 25 with 1429 viewsarc

I'm surprised at the very low-key way in which David McGoldrick's departure was announced. Certainly in keeping with Hurst's approach, and it's not his issue because McG was never his player, but I think McG deserves better. Yes, the last few years have been frustrating with his injuries, and we all knew this day was coming (and may even be relieved to have his wages off the books), but he was a real star for us for a little while there. His lack of pace held him back (and–again–the injuries), but a real talent who gave us some great moments.

By the way, the decision by the club to reject the big offer from Leicester three years ago looks like a real fork-in-the-road moment. At the time, rejecting £8m (if that's what it was) seemed like a statement of intent by the club. But, knowing what we know now, it would have been good money. And McGoldrick, for all his virtues, would have been completely wrong for that Leicester team that won the title–they were all about speed, and he would have slowed them down. I expect it would have been a bad move for them and him (in football terms, anyway).

Regardless–thanks, David, for the happy memories. Good luck with whatever comes next.
Farewell to McGoldrick on 16:17 - Jun 25 with 1418 viewsDanFord

We’d organised an open top bus for him so we could line the streets but rather fittingly it broke down and couldn’t take part.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Farewell to McGoldrick on 16:24 - Jun 25 with 1397 viewsPhilTWTD

Wasn't really announced today as such, he was just that he was asked whether he was coming back, which I think was already well-known he wasn't, whether the club had previously formally confirmed it or otherwise. I think it suited all parties to move on at the end of last season, he'd ideally like to return to the Midlands and the club wouldn't have matched his wages and PH wants scope to bring in his own players.
Farewell to McGoldrick on 16:25 - Jun 25 with 1382 viewsIllinoisblue

did McGoldrick bother to do the end-of-season lap around Portman Rd?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Farewell to McGoldrick on 16:27 - Jun 25 with 1370 viewsTractorCam

It was actually 4 years ago, time flies doesn't it! Agree with you, a real special player just a shame we never got to see him in full swing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Farewell to McGoldrick on 17:25 - Jun 25 with 1216 viewsRadlett_blue

Farewell to McGoldrick on 16:25 - Jun 25 by Illinoisblue

did McGoldrick bother to do the end-of-season lap around Portman Rd?

Yes,but he tripped over half way round & failed to complete the lap.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 17:38 - Jun 25 with 1166 views_

Farewell to McGoldrick on 17:25 - Jun 25 by Radlett_blue

Yes,but he tripped over half way round & failed to complete the lap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024