Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Webster is off to Bristol City! 15:17 - Jun 27 with 4779 viewsThijssens_Tash

5 Million
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:18 - Jun 27 with 3222 viewsThijssens_Tash

Already having a Medical!
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:18 - Jun 27 with 3211 viewsKieran_Knows

Bristol City have moved quickly to replace Aden Flint. They have agreed a £5m deal with Ipswich for Adam Webster, Sky Sports News understands.

It is believed the central defender is having a medical in Bristol this afternoon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 3193 viewsjeera

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:18 - Jun 27 by Thijssens_Tash

Already having a Medical!

You sound very excited.

Not a terrible deal if true.

What did he cost Town?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 3176 viewsfooters

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:19 - Jun 27 by jeera

You sound very excited.

What did he cost Town?

Straight swap with Clarke wasn't it?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:20 - Jun 27 with 3163 viewsSpruceMoose

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:18 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Bristol City have moved quickly to replace Aden Flint. They have agreed a £5m deal with Ipswich for Adam Webster, Sky Sports News understands.

It is believed the central defender is having a medical in Bristol this afternoon.

What a weird sidewaysish/slightly downwardsy move.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:20 - Jun 27 with 3156 viewsWestcountryblue

If so, that's a pathetic piece of business from ITFC.

Aden Flint is 28 years old and we should asked for at least the full 7m they received for him...

Very poor indeed
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:22 - Jun 27 with 3111 viewsThijssens_Tash

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:19 - Jun 27 by jeera

You sound very excited.

What did he cost Town?

Not excited, disappointed.

Quality when fit, again as we always say if it is invested in the squad then its a good deal, if it goes into the coffers then not.

Feeling they will get a big fee for him in future, there better be a sell on clause.
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:22 - Jun 27 with 3104 viewsKieran_Knows

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:20 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Aden Flint is 28 years old and we should asked for at least the full 7m they received for him...

Very poor indeed

Flint hasn't been half as injured as much as Webster though ....

Still, I get your point. Welcome Nsiala and Tilt I say.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:24 - Jun 27 with 3070 viewsjeera

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:22 - Jun 27 by Thijssens_Tash

Not excited, disappointed.

Quality when fit, again as we always say if it is invested in the squad then its a good deal, if it goes into the coffers then not.

Feeling they will get a big fee for him in future, there better be a sell on clause.

Sell on- you'd like to think so at 23 wouldn't you?

We can also assume that, to a degree, PH has been told to generate X amount of his own spending money.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 3009 viewsWestcountryblue

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:22 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Flint hasn't been half as injured as much as Webster though ....

Still, I get your point. Welcome Nsiala and Tilt I say.....

5m for one of the brightest defensive prospects in the division is peanuts in the current market.

I would have liked to see us really dig our feet in and drive a hard bargain for once...
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 3006 viewscobbler

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:20 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Very poor indeed

I see your point but Webster was jury pronelast season if we can get a replacement or 1 or 2 million it’s great business and still have some in the war chest for maybe a winger and striker.
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:29 - Jun 27 with 2958 viewshampstead_blue

Seems reasonable so long as we get a hefty sell-on

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:29 - Jun 27 with 2951 viewsGuthrum

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:18 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Well, if true, we've at least already got somebody in to cover (Chalobah).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 2930 viewsWestcountryblue

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:24 - Jun 27 by jeera

We can also assume that, to a degree, PH has been told to generate X amount of his own spending money.

Then surely we are best off getting him fit, playing him for 40 odd games and selling him to a Premiership club for potentially 3x what Bristol City are offering us...

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Chambers, Chalobah and Webster give us some excellent options in the heart of defense, with a good level of Championship experience. I'd be massively apprehensive in putting our faith and money into Nsiala and Tilt.

We have a decent squad, keep it together FFS
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 15:32]
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 2923 viewsThijssens_Tash

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:27 - Jun 27 by cobbler

I see your point but Webster was jury pronelast season if we can get a replacement or 1 or 2 million it’s great business and still have some in the war chest for maybe a winger and striker.

You know Hurst will be lucky if he gets a quarter of that to work with.

So annoying that Norwich hold out for 22 million for Maddison and we say straight away to 5 for Webster, wish we would hold out for more.
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:31 - Jun 27 with 2891 viewsWestcountryblue

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:27 - Jun 27 by cobbler

What sale in the past suggests PH is going to get any type of 'war chest' from this deal.
Given his potential value, it's a shocking deal...considering Flint is moving for 7m.
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:33 - Jun 27 with 2860 viewsWestcountryblue

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Thijssens_Tash

So annoying that Norwich hold out for 22 million for Maddison and we say straight away to 5 for Webster, wish we would hold out for more.

Agreed.

I would have liked ME to show a little more resolve...
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 with 2842 viewsGlebeTractor

Mr Watson is reporting 2m only?

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 with 2839 viewsITFC_Forever

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:24 - Jun 27 by jeera

It would appear so.... I think PH hinted at it the other day, that he would have to sell before he can buy, so £5m for Webster and the same again for Bart would give him a nice little war-chest to spend - he no doubt would have discussed with ME in recent weeks what % of sales generated would go towards the squad.

For the last couple of seasons, it's certainly been the case that while we know we can't spend £10m+ on one player, that sum on 3 / 4 / 5 players of decent quality would improve us no end.

So it would seem that Webster might be the first of the sacrificial lambs.

It is a shame to see promising players leave, but it is a fact of life that we (and other clubs like us) need to bring in the new players for <£1m or develop them from within and then sell them on for 5 / 6 / 7 or more times as much. That money then goes to cover our annual loss and sustain it at a vaguely manageable level and also to re-invest on the next crop.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 with 2826 viewsIpswichKnight

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:29 - Jun 27 by Guthrum

Well, if true, we've at least already got somebody in to cover (Chalobah).

I doubt ME would have allowed the sale without asking PH first. Wonder if Chalobah was brought in as a replacement for Webster. Also wondering if Hurst is thinking that he has 2 good centre backs in Woolfy and Chris Smith who can step up.
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:35 - Jun 27 with 2803 viewsFixed_It

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 by GlebeTractor

Now THAT would piss me off.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:35 - Jun 27 with 2802 viewsfooters

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Thijssens_Tash

5m could have been us holding out for more, we don't know. Bristol may have come in with lower offers. Although I get your point about Webster's value.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:35 - Jun 27 with 2801 viewsSpruceMoose

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 by GlebeTractor

Oh lord. Incoming!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:36 - Jun 27 with 2791 viewsThijssens_Tash

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:34 - Jun 27 by ITFC_Forever

It would appear so.... I think PH hinted at it the other day, that he would have to sell before he can buy, so £5m for Webster and the same again for Bart would give him a nice little war-chest to spend - he no doubt would have discussed with ME in recent weeks what % of sales generated would go towards the squad.

For the last couple of seasons, it's certainly been the case that while we know we can't spend £10m+ on one player, that sum on 3 / 4 / 5 players of decent quality would improve us no end.

So it would seem that Webster might be the first of the sacrificial lambs.

It is a shame to see promising players leave, but it is a fact of life that we (and other clubs like us) need to bring in the new players for <£1m or develop them from within and then sell them on for 5 / 6 / 7 or more times as much. That money then goes to cover our annual loss and sustain it at a vaguely manageable level and also to re-invest on the next crop.

If you look at it another way, the 5 mil has nearly covered the yearly cost ME pays to keep the club running
Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 2760 viewsDanFord

Webster is off to Bristol City! on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Westcountryblue

Then surely we are best off getting him fit, playing him for 40 odd games and selling him to a Premiership club for potentially 3x what Bristol City are offering us...

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Chambers, Chalobah and Webster give us some excellent options in the heart of defense, with a good level of Championship experience. I'd be massively apprehensive in putting our faith and money into Nsiala and Tilt.

We have a decent squad, keep it together FFS
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 15:32]

Is it that easy to just get him fit? If so it's a real shame Mick didn't think of that!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024