Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... 21:45 - Jun 27 with 1753 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I agree that we need more wide options. But the people we are being linked with, for example the lad from Crawley, or the Alex Rodman. Rowe and Ward are surely better options than them right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 21:48 - Jun 27 with 1730 viewsSuperblue95

Hasn't Ward said that he sees himself as more of a central player? Not that I can see him getting too many games there. I'd be interested to see if Rowe gets a chance to impress

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:18 - Jun 27 with 1661 viewsHerbivore

I don't see Ward as a winger to be honest. To say Rowe is surely better than the players we're linked with is a bit of a stretch, we signed him from non-league and he had an okay loan spell at Lincoln. He's no Ryan Fraser, although I'd be interested to see what Hurst makes of him and whether he does push on this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:25 - Jun 27 with 1637 viewsbournemouthblue

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:18 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

I don't see Ward as a winger to be honest. To say Rowe is surely better than the players we're linked with is a bit of a stretch, we signed him from non-league and he had an okay loan spell at Lincoln. He's no Ryan Fraser, although I'd be interested to see what Hurst makes of him and whether he does push on this season.

I have friends who saw him in the Conference and reckoned he was the best player in it at the time

Obviously he hasn't really been given a chance to step up, nor do we know whether he has the ability to do it

It's a shame because he has looked promising at times but we may never get the chance to find out

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:42 - Jun 27 with 1598 viewsHerbivore

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:25 - Jun 27 by bournemouthblue

I have friends who saw him in the Conference and reckoned he was the best player in it at the time

Obviously he hasn't really been given a chance to step up, nor do we know whether he has the ability to do it

It's a shame because he has looked promising at times but we may never get the chance to find out

He may well come good, I'd love him to. I just find it odd the number of times I've seen people on here suggest with certainty that he should be playing or, in this case, is clearly better than players we've been linked with especially when said players have managed to play more games at a higher level than Rowe. Be interesting to see if Hurst does see him as part of the first team picture when he's back fit though.

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 23:34 - Jun 27 with 1486 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 21:48 - Jun 27 by Superblue95

Hasn't Ward said that he sees himself as more of a central player? Not that I can see him getting too many games there. I'd be interested to see if Rowe gets a chance to impress

He wouldn't get a game throughout 46 games in the championship in CM if everyone was fit. But I think there is a good winger there. Although I feel Danny Rowe is a more natural winger and hope he has the chance to impress.

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 23:35 - Jun 27 with 1480 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 22:18 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

I don't Alex Rodman or Jordan Roberts are any types of Ryan Fraser.

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 23:52 - Jun 27 with 1430 viewsHerbivore

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 23:35 - Jun 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't Alex Rodman or Jordan Roberts are any types of Ryan Fraser.

No, but they've played quite a bit more football at higher levels than Rowe. Rodman was excellent last season in a side that nearly got promoted to the Championship.

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 00:00 - Jun 28 with 1422 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 23:52 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

No, but they've played quite a bit more football at higher levels than Rowe. Rodman was excellent last season in a side that nearly got promoted to the Championship.

I saw Rodman play 6/7 times for Shrewsbury last year, he is a hard hard worker, no doubt will run for 90 minutes, does all the dirty work very well, but thats just the type of wingers MM had.

Im not sure he had the ripping ability to take people on, you weren't on the edge of your seat every time he got the ball.

Login to get fewer ads

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 09:04 - Jun 28 with 1258 viewsVic

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 21:48 - Jun 27 by Superblue95

Rowe will be the victim of being injured in this preseason. Has he been fit he’d have had exactly the same chance to impress as all the others. I suspect Hurst thinks he can’t wait though. I very much doubt he’ll have written Rowe off altogether without seeing him play. But even if he does we won’t have lost a lot.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

on 09:11 - Jun 28 with 1239 views_

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 09:12 - Jun 28 with 1235 viewstractorshark

Rowe has become mythically better through not playing.
He’s got potential but is yet to spark in the Championship.
It makes sense to look at other options.
Ward is not really a winger in the true sense. He hasn’t got blistering pace or trickery. He’s better at the point of a diamond but even then I think he’s too inconsistent and lightweight.
on 09:12 - Jun 28 with 1234 views_

Where are Grant Ward and Danny Rowe in all this... on 00:00 - Jun 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

I saw Rodman play 6/7 times for Shrewsbury last year, he is a hard hard worker, no doubt will run for 90 minutes, does all the dirty work very well, but thats just the type of wingers MM had.

Im not sure he had the ripping ability to take people on, you weren't on the edge of your seat every time he got the ball.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024